• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSP (Current Version: 2.6)

Started by Eternal248, April 21, 2012, 08:53:46 pm

kudas

Eternal, I just want to say that you did a great job on this patch. I have one question, does the enemy on the story battle get the same level as the highest level on the roster? Because it's getting really hard to deal with some enemies especially if my Ramza already overleveled. Thx

Eternal

It's based on the highest level, yes. Although level scales, equipment does not, so even if you're having trouble, leveling your other units and using buffs/debuffs will help tremendously.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Furby

Quick one about the Midlight's Deep changes. I'm only getting ready to start playing this, so forgive me what would be an obvious answer if I went myself.

So, basically, how do the multiplayer Replacements for Midlight's Deep work in terms of how Midlight's Deep is normally played? In the regular one, you have to find certain spots in the map to open up the next area, but here you've replaced (From what I can tell) all of the Midnight's Deep maps with the Rendezvous fights. Do we just have to complete the Rendezvous fights to continue?

Also, does it randomly pick out of the list for each floor you provided in the first post?

Finally, since I don't see the TERMINUS fight in the list- How does one acquire Byblos and/or Zodiark in this patch? I figure Zodiark may be a simple as fighting Elidibus in one of the Rendezvous fights, but...

azavier

skycloud04

Hi eternal,
First i want to thank you for your modded FFT, i like it so much. It provides so much challenge and many item that i desire but i couldn't obtain in the vanilla. That being said i have a few rant for you?  :D :D

<rant>
A little bit background of my Squad: Most is lvl 90ish, Ramza is Squire in order to get Ultima, unlocked Dark Knight, but the rest is in monk job. Highest HP is Ramza? 503 HP, the other hovering around 400ish because of equip set up in this specific fight

With the Crit: Restore HP and Reflexes is removed, it cause me trouble sooo much to the point i frustrated battled Celia and Letie (Lede), don't get me wrong, despite the struggle(100% chance KO/STOP/CHARM/STONE...oh boy) and countless restart, in the end i managed to steal all of their unique gear, no pain no gain they said, it's the last right, right? Big NO.

Both of gal came back again now with RIBBON *facepalmed* + Elmdore Marquis GENJI SET *ohgodwhyyoudothistome*

I realized they're kinda like a mini boss before you fight the big fish, but seriously those OP SubDual Arts with 100% chance of STOP/STONE/CHARM still in this game, with their Ultima that deals 400damage to my Ramza and those status immune although you already removed their gear with status immune is ridiculous, trust me this is more frustrating than battling army of chocobo.

I don't know how to deal with them anymore, jujitsu gi + jade armlet can mitigate STONE/STOP/KO but not CHARM, believe me my few chance to wrapped the fight early ruined because of this. All the tank class/DD can't equip the Jujitsu Gi except monk.
To close this i succumbed to my frustration and see if i can use another "way" to get those unique gear.
</rant>

So here's my feedback,
-re-evaluate celia and lede skills again, see if you could lower their chance of ability or rework their skills, they hit like a truck except ultima tho.

-Re-insert the Crit: Restore HP skill, it looks like this skill is overpowered but in my opinion won't make you cheese the game cause it have its chance to trigger, very useful when you hit capped level, and cure is not enough or curaja take too long to cast.

-Make all the human boss character vulnerable to debuff, it's okay if they're immune to debuff after they transforming into Zodiac Demon.

That's all, thank you and Merry Chrismast!

Eternal

December 25, 2015, 12:13:25 pm #245 Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 12:19:09 pm by Eternal
@Furby: The battles take place inside the DD maps themselves; you still have to find the exits to proceed. You're basically just fighting the units and win the Rendezvous prizes from those fights. It's the best compromise I could make with what we have to work with at the moment. As with before, when you pick a floor, the fight is picked randomly from one of four choices. Byblos is still acquired after the Elidibus fight in Terminus.

@Azavier: The ENTD, found in the Patcher. Each DD battle is labelled.

@Skycloud: Celia and Lede are -supposed- to be able to one-shot and otherwise inconvenience you. They're Assassins. The trick is having multiple debuff healers on your team for those fights. As far as Elmdor goes, he's always had the Genji Set. In fact, he was slightly nerfed. In Vanilla WotL, he had Safeguard, meaning you couldn't steal his gear. Now he doesn't, meaning you can take his equipment. Investing in a Thief is a good idea for that fight.

Critical: HP Restore will never be coming back. Ever. There's absolutely no reason why you should be able to just lolfullrestore after dropping to critical. It completely takes the panic out of a fight and makes Chemists/White Mages/etc. useless. My patches tend to be more about preventing damage than healing it, so using buffs like Protect and Shell are vital to staying alive.

Debuffs are very useful. It's just a matter of finding which ones stick to which units. Celia and Lede are frail, meaning that your best bet is to just rush them and force them into their demon forms quickly, as their demon forms are less dangerous than their human forms.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

skycloud04

December 28, 2015, 04:29:44 am #246 Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 04:35:53 am by skycloud04
You got a point there, i accept it.
:)

I forgot about reflexes, why did you remove it?

I know celia and lede is an assassin and they meant to one shotted you, but that's chance to proc is abit excessive in my opinion, but again RNG is being kind to me today, so marquis didn't go apeshit and slaughter my entire party.

Managed to steal both ribbon in one try too and proceeded to eliminate them one by one and stripped elmdore naked, yay.

Less but not the least 'bout rushing...well yeah it's easy to rush them no doubt but i can't stand seeing that ribbon just like that, 'tis meant to be stolen~

End of words, please don't put too many unique gear on tough enemy ; A ; and keep up the good job!

Eternal

Reflexes was removed because being able to achieve (nearly) 100% Evasion is absurd. Reactions are intended to be an aid to help you in fights, not a crutch and certainly not something to grant you near invincibility.

Again, Assassin procs are exactly how they were in Vanilla. 100% debuffing from them is not a new thing. It was exactly the same in Vanilla.

The rarer, more useful the item, the tougher it should be to acquire. That's just an RPG trope right there. :P

skycloud04

Quote from: Eternal on December 29, 2015, 10:12:15 pm
Reflexes was removed because being able to achieve (nearly) 100% Evasion is absurd. Reactions are intended to be an aid to help you in fights, not a crutch and certainly not something to grant you near invincibility.

Again, Assassin procs are exactly how they were in Vanilla. 100% debuffing from them is not a new thing. It was exactly the same in Vanilla.

The rarer, more useful the item, the tougher it should be to acquire. That's just an RPG trope right there. :P

i see, i thought you could rigged the success chance, well no big deal :D :D
Another few question to you if you willing to answer,

-Agrias and Orlandu or even Meliadowl used to shout sword skill chant in PSX version, but it's no more in PSP any particular reason?

-Dark Knight can't use any 2H sword like Durandal, Excalibur or STQueen, is this intentional?

Eternal

Spell quotes were never in WotL, only in the PSX version and the PSP Japanese version. They were removed from the English version for an unknown reason. When I chatted with the translators and localization team of WotL a while back, they were never even given to them to localize, so they were cut before coming to the US, apparently.

Dark Knights cannot use Knightswords now, that's correct. They can also no longer use Axes, Flails, Clothing and Robes.

Renelle

December 31, 2015, 11:17:07 pm #250 Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:31:27 am by Renelle
Quote-Smart encounters have been added, thanks to Xif. Now you can move straight to towns with no random battles in between, but if you select an area with a random encounter, the encounter rate is 100%.

I read this over on the PSX side and wanted to see if we could get this one on the PSP.

Also, regarding degenerator traps: do they exist in KO? I got to the Zeklaus Desert and it looks like the degenerator trap is a poison trap. I panicked! .... [highlight=yellow]can one delevel a character on KO?[/highlight]

(edit) I noticed that there does indeed exist a section in the tutorial about traps that cause a level loss; but of course this could just be an oversight with all of the changes that you have been making--[highlight=yellow]curaga for instance on the skill sheet reads speed17 but on the help text reads speed15 or spells like Fervor, Unction, Fire, Thundara, Blizzard, etc being 1 speed point off in the ability sheet according to the help text[/highlight] (edit)

PS: I love the patch, Eternal! You have done some truly amazing work.

Renelle

January 01, 2016, 01:48:51 am #251 Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 02:01:10 am by Renelle
QuoteBows can no longer be Two Handed. (from KO PSX forum)

?

Am I right to assume that all Bows should not be two-handed and therefore equipable with a shield? This is not the case in WotL.

Also, regular Bow weapons (not crossbows) could use a damage boost.
(edit) nevermind. I see this is made up for with the reduced CT of Aim :v/: (edit)

Eternal

Welcome to FFH, Renelle! I'm glad you're having fun, and I appreciate the feedback!

The Smart Encounter hack isn't in the PSP version, since it was designed for the PSX version and it's very difficult at present to convert PSX ASM hacks to the PSP version.

As far as traps go, Degenerating traps are gone. They've been replaced with different trap types, meaning you can no longer de-level and then re-level your units.

Speed being off by 1 point for abilities is because I suck at math and just didn't calculate it correctly. Whoops. :P

What I meant about Bows is that they cannot be boosted by the Two Hands (Doublehand) ability. If a weapon already requires two hands, IMO, it shouldn't be boosted by that ability.

Renelle

Eternal, I sent you a PM. Let me know what you think.

Eternal

Renelle

(pasted from PM)

What does the stat table look like for MA/PA/HP/MP/SP growth for the generics and special classes playable compared to vanilla? Is there any discernible pattern which one can rely?

Eternal

For the most part, they're fairly similar, with some stat growth being nerfed. In general though, however you'd raise your units in Vanilla (as far as raw stats are concerned) is how you'd raise them in KO.

skycloud04

Quote from: Eternal on December 30, 2015, 08:16:30 pm
Spell quotes were never in WotL, only in the PSX version and the PSP Japanese version. They were removed from the English version for an unknown reason. When I chatted with the translators and localization team of WotL a while back, they were never even given to them to localize, so they were cut before coming to the US, apparently.

Dark Knights cannot use Knightswords now, that's correct. They can also no longer use Axes, Flails, Clothing and Robes.

Correct me if i'm wrong but that means Dark Knight will end up with mediocre sword?
I was wondering why a job with Mastered Knight requirement can't hold a Holy Sword...haha

Another thing is Samurai feels pretty underwhelming my Samurai lv.99 only have 196 base HP (400++  with vanilla crystal armor+helm set) meanwhile my orator have 246 base HP, heck my WHM still have more base HP than my Samurai.
Can you re evaluate this job stat growth? I can't use her other than suppport and minor damage dealer otherwise she dies pretty fast, when she's supposed to be a tank / damage dealer.

Cheers :D

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

Eternal

Well, the first issue is that you're using a female Samurai, which is great for MA, but crap for HP. Females have less HP Growth than Males do. Likewise, Samurai HP has been unchanged from Vanilla. They have the exact same HP stats as the untouched game. They're also not supposed to be proper tanks. They're meant to be magickal warriors that can use heavy armor.