• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:39:30 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Unable to change sprite Type in WotL

Started by Kyari, April 11, 2014, 04:11:51 pm

Kyari

Hello all,
I'm wrapping up work on a lengthy hack of FFT and having some issues changing the Type of any units using Shishi Sprite Editor on the european version of War of the Lions. I've ripped the iso from my own UMD, and though Shishi has no problem importing new sprites, any changes to TYPE have no permanence.

The specific issue I am having is changing Orator and Mediator from Type 2 to Type 1.
Shishi will say it has changed the Type, and the Type will continue to display whatever I changed it to upon reloading of the ISO, but the effects are not present in game.

Additionally, I have attempted to manually alter the type in battle.bin using a hex editor to know effect.

I've searched extensively for an answer but can't seem to find one beyond "Just change the Type drop down", which as previously stated is currently not doing its job. Any help would be most appreciated.

Kyari

Replying to my own topic in case anyone has this issue in future, since I couldn't easily find an answer on the forum. Shishi Sprite Editor seems to only correctly change the sprite Type on a US iso. After trying fruitlessly for a while on my own ripped EU iso I caved and appropriated a US iso, which works perfectly.