• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:49:51 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Noob Questions

Started by Murex, April 04, 2014, 05:17:36 am

Murex

Okay, I'm brand new to hacking FF Tactics, but not to hacking, and I had some very basic questions. I just need someone to point me in the right direction really.

I only want to edit sprites, stats, abilities, and items. What should I download first? Also, is there anything I should do first before I even start hacking?

-Thanks

Choto

First I would go here: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9210.0

It is basically all of your resources. There's also a link to a tutorial section which is certainly helpful. Here's a little roadmap:

Sprites --> you need Shishi sprite editor to edit in-battle sprites, and FFTEVGRP to edit formation sprites and pre-battle sprites.

Stats/Abilities/Items --> Most of this is editable in FFTPatcher. To edit names you'll need to use FFTactext. FFTP, tactext, and shishi all come together in the "FFTPatcher suite". There's also a spreadsheet that allows you to edit either the icons or the in-battle weapon sprites.. I forget which it is. The spreadsheet is in Raven's spreadsheet workbooks.

First thing I would do is read and read and read to get more familiar. Use the search function to search for questions you have because they've likely been answered before. Also take a look at the ASM hacks in FFTorgASM (also comes with FFTP). Some of them are very useful for any hack.

Good luck!