• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:03:36 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

I Like Sw.. NO! I LOVE Swords!

Started by Lijj, March 01, 2015, 01:57:49 am

Lijj

• Modding version: PSX

Angel

I like the screenshot mosiac (and that's something I've always enjoyed), but I really dig what's going on with the redone battle screen at the bottom left, and especially love that title screen. If I saw that logo on a box for an NES game, I guarantee I'd have at least rented it. The swordie on the mountaintop with the dragons is a cool little bit of minimalist work, too.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Lijj

haha I'm so glad you said you'd rent it.. I loved renting games back in the day. Thank you Toshiko.
I'm going to post it at Pixel Joint now I think.. with the minimalist swordie part as  a preview image..I would use the actual sprite from FFI for the preview but they have a very strict no ripping policy, even in this case the piece wouldn't even be accepted.. or if it did; I'd get reported multiple times.

3lric

Whoa, is this what you were telling me about when I talked to you that day? This is fuckin awesome stuff man. I love it!

Lijj

Thanks Boss Elric. I think I did mention it; but I was talking about joining this challenge actually: http://www.pixeljoint.com/2015/02/23/4568/Pixel_Art_Challenge-_A_Nintendo_Silly_Symphony.htm But sadly I didn't have time to make an entry.
Now just press start
..imaginatively  :mrgreen:.

Xifanie

When I woke up, I couldn't even tell it was a mosaic XD still too sleepy.
I really love how you worked this out, working with mostly the warrior's very few colours.
My favourite thing has to be your improvements on fonts. I've seen some on your previous work where you went WAY too small and it just became a headache to read. In this case everything is your style but still big and clean enough to be readable. Good job! :o
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

kyozo22

Holy hell Lijj... just, wow.I never realised it was a mosaic either till I zoomed out on my phone after reading xif's post.

Magnificent, man... and I don't even like gingers.  ;)
  • Modding version: WotL

Lijj

March 04, 2015, 03:58:01 am #7 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:04:24 am by Lijj
Quote from: Xifanie on March 04, 2015, 01:20:55 am
When I woke up, I couldn't even tell it was a mosaic XD still too sleepy.
I really love how you worked this out, working with mostly the warrior's very few colours.
That's so funny; glad you didn't see it right away. I was wondering if it was apparent or not..
But I'm glad if it's obscure (slightly).
Thanks Xifanie. That was definitely the most challenging part; coming up with varying aspects to fit the "template"- which I abused a little bit. Thanks about the font.. I think it's a little bit of a.. strange font but it matches the style. Also yeah I made fonts way too compact before; which was dumb.
(I just had to include Twim in there)

and Kyozo22: So glad you saw it as just a bunch of game screens 1st :lol:.. it would be interesting to perceive that way; as I saw it form completely oppositely. From 'fighter' to game screens.. but to perceive it from game screens to 'fighter'!

3lric

Welp, after reading the comments, I now realize there is a bigger picture. I only saw all the small pictures, didn't realize it was all one large picture...

Mind = Blown

Angel

I had the benefit of just-woke-up blurryvision at the time, so it was the first thing I saw. 8D

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

Lijj

That's funny Elric! yeah.. it's two images really.
Glad you saw it right away Jupi.

.. I am concerned that most people don't recognize it as a collage. But oh well; all the more exp. points for those who see both.

Jumza

If it reassures you in anyway, I saw the whole thing for what it is right away :P Then I went through and thoroughly enjoyed each indivicual picture. This is really great Lijj!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Well, since im at work most of the time, I normally check ffh on my phone. So without zooming out I didnt notice.

Lijj

Yes it does Jumza! You've (mostly)fully restored faith in my perception of humankind's perception. & thank you.
Also Elric that's so F'd up (just the fact that you work SO much; despite your love for it).. I looked at it on my phone and realized the reds were all wrong. Sadly that is the one color which really matters. I imagine the fighter would look something like this zoomed out once doused in sulpheric acid

kyozo22

Quoteonce doused in sulpheric acid

Like I said, I hate gingers/ redheads. :P

Angel

Ginger master race. *waves Irish flag*

Lijj

I can't believe that Kyozo; it's strange.. is it their personalities or just their color? Although I don't judge; you have the right to hate them. I would just like to know why.. if you're serious.
I think red-heads are divine! At least I find red heads pretty attractive anyway.
I'm with Toshiko; and a lot of my heritage is Irish/ N. Irish. I'm actually part Slovakian I found recently too.

kyozo22

I'm just kidding, dude. I agree with the general opinion of "Daaayum. Hawt." ;)

I have a very dry sense of humour which generally doesn't translate well to text.

Lijj

I thought you were probably kidding. I guess without hearing your tone I just couldn't tell. I feel kinda silly for taking it serious.