• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:49:22 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Anyone hear of or play fantasy war tactics?

Started by Heroebal, July 31, 2016, 03:27:14 pm

Heroebal

I've gotten into it about a month ago and been playing it on & off since then. I've split my time between that, here, fallout shelter, dungeon boss, and dragon's dogma.

Fantasy War Tactics is one of those f2p/p2w* iPhone/blue stacks games similar to fftactics style gameplay.  IIRC I believe in the introductory sequence they even state the gamemaking was inspired by fftactics. The 1st hero you get looks similar to Agrias(def not same personality). You can even send people out on propositions, they call'em expeditions.

You fight in a grid layout like tactics with bonuses for hitting in the back/sides. Characters also get bonuses from attacking from certain tile types. There's also paper/Rock/scissors to it also, some characters are paper type or rock type... etc.

You can't really select skills/abilities for characters. It's more ff6 style where characters are already set w/ their personal skill sets, there's just a bunch of characters to choose and you unlock more of their skills as you build them up. Also certain characters will have better comparability/affinities with other characters.

You can setup combos with the attacks/skills....
Like say if your paladin/knight type is about to hit an enemy next to him 1-panel range and if that enemy unit is also within range of a 2-range spear type user, an archers attack, and an AoE Magic users range then all four of your allies will attack that enemy.

You yourself are a called a lord and has map-wide abilities once the meter thing gets built up.

Biggest awkward thing about the game is that it feels like a horny ex-street fighter person designed the look of the characters. One of the enemy units has a pretty ridiculous Cami/mileena type outfit. It's not too bad I guess, just awkward for this kind of game.

The story part of the game though is going for more of a comedic approach. Like your character is actually actively trying to conquer the world and the other "bad" characters are in the way of that plan. Like you obviously can't conquer the world if someone else destroys it first....so you have to stop them.

*(I haven't had to worry about p2w yet...i don't think it's necessary I think it just speeds the process up)