• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Suikoden patcher

Started by MasterGrand, September 26, 2011, 05:45:04 pm

MasterGrand

January 26, 2013, 11:35:53 am #60 Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 06:49:36 am by MasterGrand
Suikoden - Sprite Editor

http://downloadsafe.org/file/0Te974
Let's be together !!

3lric

I can understand that MG, problem is, I'm not a coder. I'm a eventer. I only use the tools other people build to achieve my end result. And even with doing that, I didn't have a team until I had ALOT of work to show for it.

The other problem is that this is a FFT site, so people interested in modding here (which there really aren't more then a handful)
will be wanting to mod that. :3

I wish i could offer you more since I absolutely love Suikoden, and I would love to make events for it, but, I would need a way to do so first :/
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

MiKeMiTchi

^
Revive Suikoden
Quote from: Elric on February 01, 2013, 02:22:53 am
Awesome

^

Nice. You can show your stuff at other Suikoden communities as well if you want to attract coders. ;)
I suggest facebook haha.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Timbo

I'm really starting to get excited about this MasterGrand.
  • Discord username: Timbo

3lric

Same here, I will try to find some sites that might have people interested in hacking Suikoden. I would love to make a custom story for either of the first 2 games.

Pokeytax might have some input on tool making, as well, since I know he's been hacking through some of the other Suikoden
games.

pokeytax

I translated Card Stories and am doing the ASM for Suikogaiden Vol. 1 & 2, but the overlap between those and Suikoden I & II is 0%.  They don't even use the same compression format.

The most knowledgeable Suikoden II hacker I know of is Pyriel, who's fixed most of the bugs and worked out some of the scripting, IIRC: http://suikodenbugfixes.wikispaces.com/

I do love Suikoden more than is healthy.  I would love to see a Suikoden III/IV demake or a fan Suikoden VI; the main thing keeping me from hacking it is the lack of gameplay depth.  FFT has a really robust engine with untapped potential that you can leverage with a bit of ASM and hex editing into something fantastic.  Suikoden II is always going to be 90% about autoattack, because the draw is the spriting/characters/storyline.  You would need multiple dedicated spriters and someone who can really write to really get anywhere.  But that said, I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if there's anything I can help out with.

MiKeMiTchi

I <3 u pokeytax. I have downloaded your Card Stories years ago. I am in a presence of a savior. ;)
How's that Suikogaiden translation going by the way? It's been years!
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

pokeytax

Quote from: MiKeMiTchi on February 04, 2013, 06:15:42 am
How's that Suikogaiden translation going by the way? It's been years!

Vol. 1 should be out in a couple months.  Vol. 2... December 2013?  It really depends on how burned out the translation team is.  It runs on the exact same engine, so my contribution is trivial compared to the hard work of translation/revision/checking.

Feel free to sign up for the beta test if you're really raring to go.  I can affirm that the game is in good shape and you will not be playing a buggy mess.

Timbo

I spearheaded a failed suikoden fangame that failed miserably before it got started. That didn't stop me and a lot of people from wasting a lot of time working on it though. It took place during the War of Succession and ended with Kalekka Incident. Most people thought it failed because it had too many people working on it. The truth is that key members of the group were bullshitting us.

While I wouldn't want to actually write anything formally. I would make a great plot and continuity consultant. I know a buttload about the Suikoden Universe and I'd be willing to help anyone aspiring to make such a game.
  • Discord username: Timbo

3lric

You did it so that Ted or Odessa do not overwrite anyone? Good Job!

3lric

Who did you overwrite with them?

pokeytax

Can someone upload MasterGrand's file to a different host?  I'm curious, but I'm not signing up for a credit card to see someone's hacking notes.

3lric

Because Skippyfile sucks MasterGrand. I've already asked you to do this several times. Idk why you think ppl will download from a place you have to do surveys for when you could simply upload to mediafire....

3lric

Quote from: MasterGrand on February 10, 2013, 09:27:28 am

I wonder if he is familiar hex editor or not ?

I wonder why you STILLLL have not simply uploaded it to another host...
Maybe its something to do with the language barrier and you don't understand what
I'm asking you to do...

I'll do it myself so no one else has to go thru the hell of trying to use Skippyfile...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nnghkvlkze4mej/Suikoden-Change%20Eevents%20%26%20Body%20Characters.rar

xandermachine

April 06, 2013, 02:33:15 am #75 Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 02:52:26 am by xandermachine
ok

MasterGrand

Luca join us with Flik and Viktor army lol

Let's be together !!

3lric

I thought you were only editing Suikoden, didn't know you were doing Suikoden II as well. Nice job

MasterGrand

Quote from: Elric on September 18, 2013, 05:58:47 pm
I thought you were only editing Suikoden, didn't know you were doing Suikoden II as well. Nice job

Thanks Elric ^__^

I'm working for Save State Editor (Major Battle)

Let's be together !!

Eternal

Nice job, MasterGrand. I've never played the Suikoden games but they look interesting. Keep up the good work. :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817