• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:30:32 am

Vanilla FFT

Started by Hyraldelita, July 08, 2015, 05:16:21 am

Hyraldelita

hello.. where i can find the patch? i was looking for it but , i couldn't find it.. 

And what's the difference between FFT and vanilla?

Shintroy

Vanilla = Plain or unmodded. Just find a regular FFT iso and patch it. We can't link to an Iso, but we can link to the tools you need to patch isos.

PPF o Matic to patch iso files. www.romhacking.net/utilities/356/

Make sure the iso isn't read only.
Some day my people will be free.

3lric

What Shinroy means is that, when we say Vanilla, we are referring to an unmodded copy of FFT. The same as you'd have on a PS1 Disc. No sprinkles or any of those fun topings :/
  • Modding version: PSX

Hyraldelita

then why using vanilla? isn't much confusin that way? just saying FF no mod ha even less letters XD

3lric

July 10, 2015, 08:06:39 am #4 Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 06:10:26 pm by Elric
va·nil·la
vəˈnilə/
adjectiveinformal
adjective: vanilla; adjective: plain vanilla

having no special or extra features; ordinary or standard.
    "choosing plain vanilla technology wherever you can will save you money"

This is why we call it Vanilla, because it is CORRECT to call it that.
Stop questioning our ways, don't make me cut you. :P

Quote from: Hyraldelita on July 10, 2015, 07:53:19 am
then why using vanilla? isn't much confusin that way? just saying FF no mod ha even less letters XD

uhhh, what?

Vanilla = 7 lettes
FFT No Mod = 8 Letters and 2 spaces...

You must have better weed than I do...

gatebuster202

Also, most people's Vanilla is boring (in the food world.) It often is the foodies canvas on which the chef builds his masterpiece. Gamers and programmers then pulled the concept from us foodies.

Elric and company took Vanilla back to the back and remixed it with Godiva chocolate, Carmel Ribbon and Himilayan Pink Salt. Making a masterpiece out of a moderately good vanilla.
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

3lric

Do you see the difference Hyraldelita?

Joseph Strife

Maybe that JoT5 representation is still simple compared to what we're doing :P :mrgreen:
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

gatebuster202

I agree with Joe. While the topping on the cake is what I'm doing. Jot5 did that with Ice Cream. (Changing the entire flavor of the product, not just topping it.) I think, (hope) the OP understands.
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Hyraldelita

hei hei hei, that's totally not fair, you said vanilla is shorter then FFT no mod, cause you took off the FFT part!

So i could go with only "no mod" and it would be shorter u_u

plus vanilla is totally an ingradient for sweets, specially GELATO which is italian and i'm italian u_u Stracciatella Flavour

which is this :

http://kleberly.com/378499-stracciatella.html   Is totally the best ice cream flvaour (for me XD)

Still i have no idea vanilla could be used that way O_o seriously !!

And i do agree Jot5 is totally awesome in all aspect, except is not finished xD But the reason why i want to learn many things about scripting spriting or other things, is cause if i could help in aniway, i would be glad to.

Xifanie

Except "no mod" would be poor English. We'd have to use "unmodded" or "original". I just think it's a moot point at this point.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Hyraldelita

lol XD I would just say FFT then =P

3lric

Hyraldelita

what is commie? Aniway i learned english by my self, can't write perfect english ^^

Kaijyuu

"Commie" = shortening of "communist".

These days usually used jokingly.

Hyraldelita

hahahahahaha didn't know... well i have no politic orientation so i guess .. i don't know what to say XD