• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:16:57 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grim Grimoire Beta 0.7- Last Updated: 2/25/16

Started by Eternal, February 12, 2013, 01:48:41 am

Blue Mage Fanatic

I tried NUPS, but the patch wasn't applied. I don't know what would be wrong with the ROM File, but I'll try again some other day.

Thanks for all the help! :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DenisColli

Hello friends! I was reading that skills like Parley or Dragon Tamer normaly using the "Remove" Accurace to hit tend to loose 2% of hit rate for each foe you have killed.

Eternal

Hey guys! It's been a while! Now that I'm finished with my FFXII mod, I'm back and dedicated to working on A2 again. There've been a bunch of tools released since the last update- namely a formation editor. To that end, I'm finishing up with the new jobs and will be working on editing each formation now. I expect it'll be a tedious process, so it'll probably be a bit, but I'm excited to be back at it and able to edit all the things we can edit now!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

MountainDew~

• Discord username: Holographic #1363

Eternal

Great news! The Slayer and Judicer jobs are nearly done. Judicer just needs animations. I think I'll release an update without formation changes (since it's been a while), and then work on formations for the next update thereafter. Thanks for all of your patience, everyone!
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

Of course! I enjoy doing it. As a reward for the patience you guys have shown, I decided to throw in an additional new job for the next update. Not only will you guys be getting the Slayer and Judicer, but you'll also be getting...

Introducing, the Vampyr!

https://imgur.com/a/Uw1X646

Yes! There'll not only be Moogle Belmonts, but there'll be vampires for those Moogle Belmonts to slay! I'm working out the specifics, but the Vampyr will be replacing the (very boring) Hunter job, for both Humes and Gria.

Vampyrs focus on a few simple things- staying the heck out of an enemy's range of attack and storing up blood/HP for their Demonic Megido attack. Demonic Megido is slated to damage enemies equal to the user's current HP. However, upon unleashing that attack, the user's HP will be drained all the way back down to 1. Meaning that you won't be able to spam it unless you're healed up, but if you use it at full HP, you're able to do a lot of damage, very quickly.

This is where the Vampyr's other gimmick comes in. The Vampyr can either use Soul Steal to drain HP from a distant enemy or they can Feed on a non-human enemy, dealing increased damage and therefore absorbing more HP. To that end, you'll want to keep enemy monsters around to Feed off of, allowing them to quickly regenerate their HP for Demonic Megido. To keep themselves alive, they can use Daze to Charm an opposite-gendered enemy, or Lifepawn to force allies to Cover. Will you be able to master this horrible night?

Their current proposed skillset:

VAMPYR
Skillset: Vitiate

HELLFIRE
Launch a ball of demonic flame at the enemy and teleport both the foe and the user away.

DAZE
Infatuates an opposite target with one's eyes.

FEED
Drain the blood of the living, dealing increased damage to monsters and absorbs their HP.

SOUL STEAL
Drains a foe's HP and MP.

MEGIDO
Unleash an explosion fueled by one's soul, dealing damage equal to the user's HP, but reducing HP to 1.

SUMMON SPIRIT
Damage an enemy from afar with perfect accuracy..

LIFEPAWN
Hypnotize an ally, coercing them to take damage for the user in its stead.

METAMORPH
The user enters a state of demonic rest, bestowing REGEN and HASTE, but DISABLING them.

TerrageneX

How does LIFEPAWN work? I mean, technically? Is it, like, reverse Cover or something?

Eternal

I would need to test it, but yeah, it's basically reverse Cover. The unit would be bestowing Cover on an ally instead of itself.

chocolatemoose

One question about Megido: does it divide the unit's HP damage over the enemy units, or does it deal full HP damage to each enemy unit? If the latter, if you assume that the unit's HP is similar to the enemies', then wouldn't the skill be really overpowered?

Eternal

Great question! The formula would have to deal damage equal to the user's HP, so it wouldn't be able to be divided up. To ensure things don't get too crazy though, I think it's going to end up being 1 Range, 1 AoE (since the caster would have to be caught in the AoE for the Reduce to 1 HP Effect to hit themselves), so positioning would have to be very precise and it would likely consume MP. The other thought is to make their HP on the lower side, making it a good secondary skillset for higher HP jobs. I would vastly prefer it to be a large, 2 AoE skill (like Ultima), but I think that'd just be too broken. It'll all come down to testing and, honestly, if it's a little overpowered at first, I'm not completely averse to that as long as everything is fun, but this is the current plan.

Blue Mage Fanatic

Oh nice! a new Job! Looks like it's gonna be super fun to use!

Might I ask if you plan on revamping or replacing Blue Mage? Or just leaving it alone?

Eternal

Probably not. I'm really only revamping jobs that weren't particularly interesting, and Blue Mage is already pretty interesting.

Blue Mage Fanatic

August 15, 2018, 04:11:56 pm #394 Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:48:35 pm by Blue Mage Fanatic
Alrighty! Can't wait to see what other incredible ideas you come up with for this mod!  :D

EDIT:
Oh that reminds me! If you replaced Beastmaster, perhaps you could give Blue Mages some way to force the Monsters to use their Learnable attacks? And perhaps you could also buff several of their abilities, since a good chunk of them aren't particularly useful (Bad Breath got nerfed big time from FF:TA). Though with non-regenerating MP, Matra Magic now has a new use for replenishing your mages' MP, and can still be used to murder foes with low MP or foes drained of all MP.

Kuro

Hey, that Vampyr had interesting ideas. To be honest, I'm particularly curious about the Lifepawn skill. Do you know how to reverse the effect? Because I wanted something similar for my Lanista and Block! I think it matches his essence xD But so far I didn't get results, if it hits to self it gives both Cover and Covered.

SoloCross

'sup Eternal. Could you reupload the modding suite please?
The sendspace link is dead.

Eternal

Hey there! No problem. I'm going to host it on Mega.nz- hopefully that one won't expire as quickly. Link below.

https://mega.nz/#!eXBSTARS!Thplwc6Y98q7huTx-0nvP0tSdHFE5sZ6-9jTotOG5J0

SoloCross

Yeah, MEGA links last pretty much forever as far as I know. Thanks!

snowday

Very excited for this, would love to help out in testing in any way I can.

Also, about the Vampyr, obviously this is your creative project and you should do exactly what you want with it, but in FFV advance there was a Necromancer. I thought maybe that name would be more fitting to hold true to the FF series, but I fully understand wanting to add your own touch!