• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:16:51 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

WotL Slowdown Removal Patch

Started by endrift, February 22, 2012, 02:21:59 pm

Noll

I updated to pro b10 but it doesnt work yet :(

tvwatcher

What did you do different? I have the same problem you used to have.

Tony75

So which of the links do I need to play my umd ? or is it all 5
  • Modding version: WotL

endrift

You should download 0.1.3 (not the debug one) and wotl-patches.zip. The other ones are either old or unnecessary.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Tony75

March 08, 2012, 02:44:44 am #65 Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 03:18:51 am by Tony75
I watched you video and did everything and it doesn't work now I did notice when you went to you plugin folder it had like 4 files and mine didn't have anything at all do you know what I am missing also I want to make sure I type right for the text ms0:/livepatch/livepatchprx 1            Is that right ? I did notice it was in the menu my cfw is pro-b5 is that what is wrong ?

drbretto

Is there any chance that this new method of patching could eventually apply a ppf on the fly? Might make consistently updated patches easier to work with.

Dahl

Have guys enabled the plugins in the Recovery Menu? That might be the problem, even if they look enabled, some plugins requires you to disable them and enable again the first time you install them.

... now, if only this was usable with Spectral Souls x3

Tony75

do I need cw cheat ? has anyone confirmed if it will work on b5 i followed everything in the video . To make the txt doc all you do is open note pad and name it that right ?

endrift

Quote from: drbretto on March 08, 2012, 04:52:44 am
Is there any chance that this new method of patching could eventually apply a ppf on the fly? Might make consistently updated patches easier to work with.

This seems...unlikely. It would require me to basically stick a shim in between the block driver and the ISOFS driver, which is...well, I think I know how I can do that, but more to the point is that I'm not sure how I'd actually get the patches into memory. I basically cannot allocate memory while patcher is running, due to space restrictions in the kernel, so I can't just load all the patches and then apply them when that part of the block device is read. However, I won't say it's impossible. My real goal with LivePatch is to enable people to patch the individual files on the filesystem, instead of patching the filesystem itself. That's what I'm working on right now.

tvwatcher

I fixed my problem.

What I was doing was naming game.txt as "game.txt" and couldn't get the plugins to show up. So I named the text file "game" and then it showed up in the recovery menu.

Tony75

March 08, 2012, 11:06:54 pm #71 Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:14:49 am by Tony75
I don't know what I did different but it worked Great job you have made this game great again  :D :D Now is there a way to do a patch just to change the Silf spell to wind damage ?

isavior

March 14, 2012, 02:55:01 am #72 Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:25:20 am by isavior
Thank you for your hard work, Archaemic.

But seems that the patches are not working with my Japanese copy.

6.20 pro-b10
Livepatch 0.1.3
All other plugins disabled
Test 1:
Patches Enabled: fast.live  unstretch.live
Result: crash when the Final Fantasy Tactics logo shows up

Test 2:
Patches Enabled: unstretch.live
Result: same as Test 1

Test 3:
Patches Enabled: fast.live
Result: game doesn't crash but the slowdown problem is still there

Is it possible to make the patches work with the Japanese version of the game?

endrift

I don't currently have a JP copy, but I'll see if I can get my hands on one to fix it.

endrift

It's a little glitchy (or maybe that's how the game always was?) but I've uploaded a version of fast.live that works with the Japanese version of the game in the wotl-patches.zip file in the first post.

Excalibur

Thank you Archaemic ! After so many years, and you did the impossible! Proves that nothing is impossible.  :lol:

Anyway, keep up the good work and looking forward to more patch of it in the upcoming future.  :D

Vivi

Hello, i try to get this patch working with no luck... it seems that the reason is that the patch works with the original UMD and not with a ISO.

I only have the iso, and cant buy the umd where i live.

Is there a way to apply the patch on a ISO version?

Thank you.

endrift

It should work fine with an ISO. Can you try the debug version and give me the log that gets dumped in ms0:/livepatch/log.txt? If no log gets created, then the module isn't being loaded properly. I know some people accidentally disabled plugins in the Advanced settings section. Have you tried looking there?

Vivi

I tried the debug version... no luck.

Checked livepatch folder and dont get a log.txt file too.

Checked the advanced settings in my recovery menu and this is how is setted:

XMB plugins.............. Activated
Game plugins............ Activated
POPS plugins............ Activated

The steps i follow to try to use the plugins is as follows:

1.- created "livepatch" folder in root of MS
2.- extracted the debug version in livepatch folder of MS
3.- the livepatch.prx file was originally in the MS after i uncompressed the rar in ms0:/livepatch/livepatch/livepatch.prx , so i moved the file to ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx
4.- extracted the fftpsp folder in ms0:/livepatch/
5.- copy my iso file in ms0:/ISO/ folder, the iso filename is FFTWL.iso
6.- run the game, and see that is strechted and with slowdowns
7.- quit game, checked livepatch folder and there is no log.txt created

endrift

And you're sure it's enabled in GAME.TXT? Strange...It really looks like it's not getting loaded, if you're not getting a log. It opens the log file right as it starts.