• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:02:49 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Official Sprite Contest: Heroes From Other Worlds

Started by Celdia, September 22, 2012, 11:53:54 am

Angel

And really, he has to be that way for the shirtless muscle look to work. Which it does.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Ledin

October 10, 2012, 12:10:39 am #41 Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:08:51 pm by Ledin
Name: Nail
Source:Male Monk
Art:

jimmyjw88

October 10, 2012, 02:07:03 am #42 Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:42:10 am by Twinees
Nice attempt, Ledin but his head looks smaller though. Good job.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Twinees

I deleted all the posts concerning the matter, and no further talk of this shall continue henceforth. I previously stated that critiques aren't necessary for this thread, its about introducing new people to spriting, having fun and seeing what crazy thing you can put together. And it is great to see new and old members posting some pretty cool looking stuff.

So back to topic, if I see anymore over the top critiques in this thread I will remove them, if this matter is mentioned again in this topic, I will remove the post (this includes even saying: "yeah I agree with Twinees, let's move on").
And that is all.

I hope to see some more entries from people and see what cool stuff people come up with.

jimmyjw88

October 10, 2012, 10:25:15 am #44 Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:47:37 pm by Celdia
My first sprite since the day I joined
Cress from Tales of Phantasia (and a few more 'Tales' series)
Source: Male Red Mage by Cheetah
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

MiKeMiTchi

I remember seeing that sprite before, jimmy! Are you going to continue working on it?
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Jon

October 10, 2012, 03:06:27 pm #46 Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:03:45 am by Jon
@ Jimmy: The hair looks really awesome!  :mrgreen:

New entry, Darth Vader (looks way better at 100% than 300%):
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

jimmyjw88

October 10, 2012, 08:31:40 pm #47 Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:38:40 pm by jimmyjw88
Mike ~ Well, I'm can't tell when will I be able to finish it but it is on my list. Quite some fixes required though, hah.

Jon ~ Hah, thanks but refinement needed, obviously. Lol. For Darth, isn't black nicer?

Lijj

October 10, 2012, 10:28:50 pm #48 Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:35:41 pm by Celdia
Mesarthim from Saga Frontier:

Source: Original

Jon

Choto

October 11, 2012, 08:56:13 pm #50 Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:28:47 pm by Choto
Here's a more legit entry.. I followed the rules this time :P

This is the dude from Illusion of Gaia. I think his name's Freedan. Used Delita 2nd chapter as a base. I tried to make him as close to his original sprite as possible.

Edit: His shoulder was bothering me, little update.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Choto on October 11, 2012, 08:56:13 pm
Here's a more legit entry.. I followed the rules this time :P

This is the dude from Illusion of Gaia. I think his name's Freedan. Used Delita 2nd chapter as a base. I tried to make him as close to his original sprite as possible.

Badass!

3lric

Choto, I love it! Illusion of Gaia is a wonderful game :D

Jon

Yep, his name is Freedan, and you can only play as 3 characters in that game, Will and Shadow being the others. Very nice and looks just like a 1:1 version of a FFT Freedan! Cool sword too!

Jon

October 14, 2012, 04:01:38 pm #54 Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:05:09 am by Jon

I think you guys know who this is:

MiKeMiTchi

Jon, look what I found >:/

I guess... you could use them as references...
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Cheetah

There is a whole thread for this sprite I believe, I know I did some work on getting this sprite on an actual sheet. There is also another, probably better, portrait as well.
Current Projects:

Jon

The hair looks better on that one, but not so much the pants and boots, looks like a copy paste of Elmdor. Still, that is a really great base, I might use the hair...

Jon

Well I don't like FF VIII anyways.

Here's Edge from FF IV (16 colors), its not a 1:1 version, but a FFT version of him:

Cheetah

Name: Goku
Sources: FFT Cloud, FFT Ninja, FFT Monk (Square-Enix)
Official Image
Current Projects: