• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:16:59 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Wanted: Map contributions for the ENTD helper

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, April 20, 2012, 05:28:53 pm

Pickle Girl Fanboy

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/ENTD_Helper
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=5660

QuoteA spreadsheet which shows height, unpassable terrain, 1st and 2nd levels where applicable, water and water depth where applicable, and has the same X and Y axises as FFTPatcher. Useful for editing ENTD and Treasures/Traps. The following maps are finished:

*Outside of Orbonne Monastary
*Magic City Gariland
*Mandalia Plains
*Araguay Woods
*Zirekile Falls
*Zaland Fort City
*Barius Hill
*Zigolis Swamp
*Slums in Goug
*Bariaus Valley
*Golgorand Execution Site
*At the gate of Lionel Castle
*Inside Lionel Castle

If anyone knows the sprite limits for these maps, I'd love to add them.

I need three things, if anyone wants to contribute them:
1. Sprite limits for every map in the game.
2. Character limits for every map in the game (the maximum number of character that can be on a map)
3. Additional maps, which display the following:
3a. Height (see attached screencap for formatting)
3b. Unpassable terrain (red text on a yellow background)
3c. 1st and 2nd levels where applicable (Height of Higher Square/Height of Lower Square; use blue background if lower level is water, and don't forget water depth)
3d. Water and water depth where applicable (Water Height-Water Depth)
3e. Have the same X and Y axises as FFTPatcher (Use treasure/trap locations to figure this out)
3f. All maps verified in game should be marked as such.

See the attached screenshots for greater detail.

3lric

The sprite the limit is the same in every map PGF...

9 Sprites per map.
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

9 sprites. I don't need someone else to confirm this. I'm the one making the events in these maps and I'm telling you it's 9 :P

Tho yes, it has been confirmed over many places in this very forum  :mrgreen:

It does not seem to matter what the size of the map is either, since Ive had 12 sprites in the Besrodio's House map (using addunit to add one when 1 leaves, effectively onluy having 9 on screen at a time)

Pickle Girl Fanboy

So that's why some maps have more than 9 sprites on them - event editing.  Good to know.

Does this apply to individual units that share the same sprite?  Can I have 16 Knights on a battlefield, versus my 5 party members?

3lric

As for Character Limits that is ALSO the same for every map. The actually Character limit is 16 (as i have been told by several people)

This may be because FFTP doesnt allow for more, or that the game simply can't handle anymore. Sadly this obviously isnt something I can test.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Does the character limit include my party, or is it my party + 16?  Sounds pretty easy to test - random battle in Mandalia, 16 male squires versus 5 party members.

3lric

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on April 20, 2012, 05:44:21 pm
So that's why some maps have more than 9 sprites on them - event editing.  Good to know.

Does this apply to individual units that share the same sprite?  Can I have 16 Knights on a battlefield, versus my 5 party members?

Well you could have 11 Knights on the field, then your 5 allies, (Palettes do not count as a separate sprite either) Since the character limit is 16,
you can effectively make a battle or event that way. As long as the actual sprites don't exceed 9 different spritesets

3lric

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on April 20, 2012, 05:47:05 pm
Does the character limit include my party, or is it my party + 16?

This includes the party AFAIK, I know what you are getting at tho and Ive never tested it.

The best way to test that would be to make a battle with 16 enemies and then see if you can still add 4 allies + Ramza to the battle formation in game. As long as you don't exceed the 9 sprite limit, you should be alright.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I can't test it myself, as I have no way to get FFTPatcher to work.  Hence this thread.

And we need to know this.  It needs to be in the wiki, once you know if the character limit is 11 + 5 or 16 + 5.

3lric

Hmm, I will ask around, I know a few different people who might know the answer to this.
I'm knee deep in making the new Kage n Twin episode right now and don't wanna leave
my groove to try to test that out just this moment. lol

3lric

The Max Character limit is 16 at any given time, tho this does mean if you remove one, you can add another.

Hope this helps

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Unrelated Question: Is it possible to create events that add new units after the old ones are dead, crystalized/treasure boxed, and their crystal/treasure box is taken?  Like, a reinforcements event, that adds more and more enemies?

3lric

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on April 21, 2012, 04:52:54 pm
Unrelated Question: Is it possible to create events that add new units after the old ones are dead,
crystalized/treasure boxed, and their crystal/treasure box is taken?  Like, a reinforcements event,
that adds more and more enemies?

In a way yes.. I did this for one of my battles in Jot5.
But I did it on a trigger. Ex: IF Boss X = 50% life THEN run event condition, which would in my
case make Ramza walk in thru a door and see the battle taking place, and would help out from that point on.

So in a way yes you could do what you ask, Someone would need to setup a event condition that says
IF All enemies dead, just like normal, but instead of the command being made to end the battle,
you could use ADDUNIT commands to either bring back the dead units once again (which saves ENTD space)
EX: ERASE, WARP, DRAW
Or you could call in entirely new enemies the same way, by calling them from the ENTD.
EX: ADDUNITPREP, ADDUNITSTART, ADDUNITEND, WARPUNIT, DRAW

It's all entirely possible. The 2 main things that would need editing (provided that ENTD has already been done)
would be the Event condition (attack.out Spreadsheet) and the event that the condition triggered. In the event
you can make whatever you want to happen happen, then it will go back to the battle provided the
condition allows it to do so.

Hope this is what you where asking.

On a sidenote, you said that you can't test most things due to being on Linux, now correct me if I'm wrong, cuz i used to
use Ubuntu, but isn't there VirtualDrive programs? Where you can set up a virtual copy of like windows 98 or XP or something
that would run right on your desktop in a small window?

I have several Legit Keys that I'm not using anymore.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

You mean Virtual Box.

Virtual Box emulates an OS of your choice, but unfortunately my computer only has 1 GB of RAM, so it's would be too slow to be usable.  I need an external hard drive, so I can back up my files.  Once I back up my files, I can update my OS to a more recent Linux distribution.  Once I update to a more recent Linux distro, I can update Wine, which is not a Windows emulator, though it does allow you to use some Windows programs.  I play Starcraft 1 on it sometimes, and it only lags a little.

Unfortunately I'm homeless, so I can't afford to buy an external hard drive until school starts in the fall, when I might get a work-study job at the college.  Unless someone wants to mail me their old one.

3lric

Ah i see and yea I meant Virtual Box lol. That's what I have to run TIMUTIL.
With my external drives I got extremely lucky and got 2 of them on Craigslist for 5 bucks
each and both came with 80gb HDD's
Tho I run 6tb on my PC currently, so they are used entirely for backup.