• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:23:15 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT: A Stone's Ripple *DEMO RELEASED*

Started by Jumza, March 17, 2015, 11:30:53 pm

3lric

Quote from: Jumza on March 21, 2015, 08:01:10 pm
I have to pay attention to minor details like that otherwise it wouldn't end up as good as I'd like it to be :) (Also it's kind of hard to see in the video. My video's always turn out poor quality -_-)

Jumza is right. Never tell an eventer NOT to pay attention to something. That's like telling a spriter that it's okay for one frame not to match the others.

While it is definitely possible, I wanted it to seem like she had been knocked out rather than killed. That's why a) The wizard stealing things next to her backs up in surprise when she wakes up and b) she can get up just from her friend helping her.

I always assumed 0 HP was KO for 3 turns before death, otherwise, wouldn't they just crystalize right away like Gaff does?
  • Modding version: PSX

skiploom188

Looking good Jumza. Can't wait to try all the new action in this patch!

Even though the name Test is just a placeholder, why do I think its a cool name? Dang the Kirby Effect is happening on me...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Jumza

March 23, 2015, 08:48:02 pm #22 Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:05:45 pm by Jumza
Quote from: skiploom188 on March 22, 2015, 02:54:40 am
Even though the name Test is just a placeholder, why do I think its a cool name? Dang the Kirby Effect is happening on me...

I feel the same. It's growing on me :P

Today a non-event update:

First look at Adria Wite (ay ey-dree-ah why-t, is how I imagined it to be pronounced); The Church Surveyor.

Name: Adria Wite
Birthday: October 31st (Scorpio)
Relations: Cardinal Augustine (whom she works under in the church), The Main Character (with whom she has a chance meeting with in the slums of his home), Other (this is only a summary).
Job Name: Surveyor
Skillset Summary:

First Aid: A short range, weak, fast healing spell with a low mp cost.
Clear: A short range esuna-like skill with a low mp cost.
Saber: A mid range attacking spell with a low mp cost. Lightning elemental.
Charge: A short range MP restoring ability with a lowish mp cost. She cannot target herself.

(R/S/M undecided as of yet)

Overall Summary:

Adria joins at the beginning of the game as a priest with a very small bag of tricks. Her jobs has slightly less than ok HP, MP, speed, PA and MA, but this is only due to her multipliers. She has normal growths that allow her to master her job's abilities then switch without damaging her future stats.

While it may seem that she is not the best unit due to her small ability pool and low stats, events will transpire in game causing her to undergo major changes in these departments. She starts as a weaker guest, but will eventually become a strong ally.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

skiploom188

I kinda imagine Adria to be pronounced as (ey-dree-ah) or maybe (a-dree-ah).

She's a scorpio? Scorpion women are known for always speaking their mind. They're pretty straightforward and like to be well-informed. Fearless and stubborn. Very emotional since she's a water sign. Good thing her birthday's in Oct.31, exactly in the middle of the sign, no influences to Libra or Sagittarius traits.

Hehe just a little something if you want ideas for her character  :mrgreen:

Quote from: Jumza on March 23, 2015, 08:48:02 pm
While it may seem that she is not the best unit due to her small ability pool and low stats, events will transpire in game causing her to undergo major changes in these departments. She starts as a weaker guest, but will eventually become a strong ally.

So will she be a guest that will span to different chapters? Or will she join you eventually and get new skillsets every new chapter ala Ramza?
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Jumza

March 23, 2015, 10:29:44 pm #24 Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:41:28 pm by Jumza
Quote from: skiploom188 on March 23, 2015, 10:18:51 pm
I kinda imagine Adria to be pronounced as (ey-dree-ah)

Is there a difference between how ey and ay sound?

I'm curious as to where you get that kind of info for zodiac personalities. I have ideas for characters and am just slapping on random dates (that's why Ms. Adria here is born on halloween. There is another character born on Christmas), so it would help me put more meaning behind it. Maybe I should just go on wikipedia :P

Quote from: skiploom188 on March 23, 2015, 10:18:51 pm
So will she be a guest that will span to different chapters? Or will she join you eventually and get new skillsets every new chapter ala Ramza?

As of right now, she is intended to be a kind of mix between a guest and a JoT5 main character in that she is not controllable but if she crystallizes it's game over. I have some kind of plan worked out for her development, and it may be similar to Ramza's (if all works as planned).
And yes, expect her to be around for most of, if not all of the game. Perhaps not in guest form forever.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

skiploom188

(ay) can be pronounced as "i" in "pie", I think. While (ey) can be easier to distinguish.

I get info on Google searches leading me to websites XD. Others are just from memory and experience :p
Zodiacs are a pretty big subject. It's pretty fun to learn, you get to know how to handle all kinds of people :)

What if, you plot the character's birthdays based on their personalities? Zodiac fanatics like me would appreciate on how much their traits and zodiac are in sync :D

Oh so we have to make sure she doesn't crystallize? That's fun, I like priest-like jobs anyway.

Jumza

Update!

Not sure exactly what I should be updating about, so it's a mixed bag! Maybe there will be more event related updates soon! I'm not sure!

The first look at: The Freelancer (? Name decision pending, if anyone has better ideas than Squire and Freelancer, please let me know!)

Requirements: None, 0, zip, nadda. It's the base job.

Skillset Summary:

Throw Stone: Like vanilla Throw Stone, but with a spell quote and 100% knockback (perfect for knocking people off of cliffs!).
Heal: 1 range 2 vertical, 100% to revive a dead unit with 2% of targets max HP.
Treat: 1 range 3 vertical, can only be used on units in critical, heals 33% of targets max HP.
Focus: Self range, heals users MP based on their MA. No MP or CT to worry about.

Reactions: None as of now, counter tackle is gone!

Support: Gained EXP-Up, Defend, Equip Change

Movement: Move +1

Things of note: You'll notice that Dash is no longer in the skillset of the beloved base job, it has been repurposed into another 100% knockback skill called Shield Bash, requiring that the user have a shield equipped. More info on that, and the job that contains this ability later!

Of course everything I've shown in any post is not 100% going to be in the game, it's not set in stone, it's all subject to change, blah blah, etc.

A quick peek at what happened to our other base job, the Chemist.

Chemists have yet to undergo any major changes (I'm also looking for new names for these guys!), a few general skill changes and a skillset re-arrangement to help the AI best utilize the Chemists abilities have been made. JP Costs and cost of items has been altered (new items will probably make an appearance as well). The Chemist job also requires level 2 Freelancer, so all of your generics will start as Freelancers, but Chemist will be quickly unlocked and will still be used as the main path into the new magic oriented jobs.

Zolias

You gave me insight on stuff I could do for my own plans, and since I doubt I can help much with anything in the technical department, I'll just do what I can: Support! 

Definitely like the way you're building up anticipation and doing what you can to make a good game.  Keep up the good work, and I can promise you that I'll definitely give the game a try when it's finished! 

Jumza and Zolias attained Support Level C  Sorry, wrong game series... lol

Jumza

Quote from: Zolias on April 01, 2015, 01:23:36 pm
I'll just do what I can: Support! 
Jumza and Zolias attained Support Level C  Sorry, wrong game series... lol

:D

New semi-lame update!
It took me awhile to figure out where the text for this thing was, but it turns out it was right in front of me in tactext all along :P Oh well.

Jumza

The Brave Story is being redone as the *drumroll* Journal! (I wanted it to be Journal Entries, but it was too long and broke the menu)

This is the Journal of the main character, he'll keep notes on people and events, as well as a few other things. I'm going to fill it up with all the cool stuff that I can (mayyybbeee change the music to another song from the game) and hopefully it will help people immerse themselves into the game. I'm not a fantastic writer, but I promise it will be at least mildly entertaining.

These short updates will cease once school is over. It's crunch time now with exams coming up, but as soon as summer rolls around, expect more stuffs.

The Damned

I recall reading the original post when you first posted this, but I apparently never posted in here. Whoops.

Anyway, I just wanted to say good look with getting this done, especially given the changes you're apparently planning on making. I'm sure you can do it though.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Bradsmr

Just dropping in to say I think the events look amazing, Jumza! Looks very promising! Well done. :)

Jumza

Thanks Bradsmr! I appreciate it. My exams will be done after (aprox.) the second week of June, and work will resume on this project!

Hyraldelita

really looking forward to play your patch ^^
Jumza do you know if cloud has being removed from celdia patch? if you played it.

Jumza

Quote from: Hyraldelita on May 23, 2015, 06:29:54 pm
really looking forward to play your patch ^^

:)

This isn't really the place or person to ask about CCP. I don't know the answer to your question either :P

gett21

Wut? The Protagonist is Female??? Me gusta!!

Jumza

He isn't, actually. Adria is a major character who is with him almost from the start though.

Also, school is out (finally), updates will start up ASAP!

Jumza

Here are the jobs that will be available for the demo.

Not all jobs will be available because the demo is not the entire first chapter. This allows me to spend more time on actually completing the demo's events / the rest of chapter 1, rather than spending a lot of that time designing jobs that I don't expect you to have unlocked by those points. Similarly, the chapter one release will not feature all jobs either, but it will be a much longer list than this.

Hyraldelita

hoi man , you can count on me for every bug test and play trough , i can be your beta tester, or whatever you want i know FFT bettern then myself.
At your service

Jumza

Status Update: The demo is almost complete! All of the TacText work is almost complete, and there are just a few event fixes left. In a few days, my testers will make sure that the demo is working just fine, then I will release it.

In the meantime:

Here's a unit that is decked out with equipment you can get during the demo, equipment is limited because it's the very start of the game, but there will definitely be a lot more for the rest of chapter 1.

Quote from: Hyraldelita on July 03, 2015, 03:11:27 pm
hoi man , you can count on me for every bug test and play trough , i can be your beta tester, or whatever you want i know FFT bettern then myself.
At your service

If you're still around when the demo is being tested, I'll let you know when I need help :P