• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:30:27 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: Newtype (Playable Demo in One Week, Armor Posted)

Started by Eternal248, April 19, 2010, 12:18:19 am

Dome

Quote from: "Eternal248"Of course they are. That's why they're obtained -after- defeating Elidibs. By that point, all that's left to do is go around and fight random battles. Balance isn't my primary concern of this patch, after all. The point of the recruitable Lucavi is to play around with the and enjoy using their powers.
Well...yeah, you are right ^_^
P.s: You will be able to fight The last boss with his minions...LOL

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

Heh, I thought about that as well. Who knows what Ramza had to do to sway the Lucavi to his side... I suppose I should state that in terms of canon, I always assumed DD to happen after Ultima (somehow).
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Quote from: "Eternal248"Heh, I thought about that as well. Who knows what Ramza had to do to sway the Lucavi to his side... I suppose I should state that in terms of canon, I always assumed DD to happen after Ultima (somehow).
It's possible...in the end, nothing is truly explained about the DD
It might be the hell where the soul of the fighters will fight until the end of the existence, after all
Or just a random place to loot xD

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kagebunji

Eternal, there already is Exodus/ExDeath sprite made, not that bad too, only small thing there is about it, is that it is humanoid sprite. PM me if you want it, I have it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

The Damned

Since we're speaking of Lucavi so much at the moment, yet another thing I'm curious of (if only because I already had decided to do it, so I don't want it look like it's yet another thing I seemingly ripped off of you or someone else) was if you changed any of the already present Lucavi to more reflect their FFXII counterparts in terms of abilities and such.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Kagebunji

Also, how about using Agrias Redone sprite? it is really awesome, yet none use it :/

The Damned

Actually, as I understand it, philsov at least is going to use the Agrias Redone sprite, so that's one person.

Personally, I like her older look, though that may just be me (since I'm in the minority on most things).

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Kagebunji

Hm, I never looked into ASM'd patch, I should be ashamed, it looks really good. But this is topic about Et's patch, so let's not offtop. Btw, Eternal, tell me, you like blue or brown version of ExDeath port, just remeber that for brown one you have to recolor portriat yourself.

Eternal

@Dome, I subscribe to the theory that DD was once the Pharos Lighthouse in XII. But that's just me. =P

@Kage, yes, I'd like very much to see that sprite. As much as I like the blue, knightly Exdeath, I think the brown version would work better. Regarding Agrias Redone, it's a good sprite, but I'm just not "feeling" it. I know someone else was going to use Agrias Redone (not Phil), but I forget who.

@The Damned, yes, Lucavi are using their XII moves! Expect Belias to use Painflare, Zalera to use Kill, Adrammelech to use Flash Arc, etc.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

The Damned

I keep forgetting that ExDeath = Exodus. Hmmm....

As for the Lucavi, that's not...entirely what I meant, but I suppose you answered my question regardless.

Eternal

Well, I can explain more in-depth about what I did to the Lucavi, if you want. Although the only thing I really did was changed their stats, elemental affinities, and gave them their XII attacks. =\

The Damned

The elemental affinity stuff was actually more what I digging for, like Queklain/His Rotund Celticness halving all elements and such.

I'd be all ears for you explaining the what you did to the Lucavi if you want to. I can understand you wanting to keep them secret since, well, they're bosses.

It's up to you, though.

Eternal

Hardly anything about my patch is a secret. =P

I'll try and detail each of the Lucavi's themes to the best of my ability. Note that they all Cancel (or Absorb) Dark:

Cuchulainn- Specializes in Poison magic, using Bio. He halves Water and Earth elements, but is weak to Fire and Holy. In the DD rematch, he is flanked by King Malboros.

Belias- Specializes in Fire magic, and uses Oil in combination with his fire spells. He absorbs Fire, but is weak to Water.

Zalera- Specializes in death and status abilities, using Kill and Fallen One (think FFVI's version) to bring units to their deaths, however he is weak to Holy, which he casts. Note that you rebattle Algus during this fight as well.

Adrammelech- Uses a combination of Thunder magic, Berserk, and Stop to throw your party into disorder. He absorbs Thunder, and will eventually have Behemoth allies.

Hashmal- Uses a combination of Earth magic and Immobilize, as well as high-tier elemental magic. I forgot to make him weak to Wind in this version, but he will be in the next one. Absorbs Earth.

Ultima (1)- Uses Holy magic, Greater Barrier, and Logos to minimize your party's effectiveness.

Ultima (2)- Uses Ultima magic (obviously), as well as what she used in Vanilla.

Kagebunji

Here is Blue and Gray(it never was brown, bad memory heh) version. I once downloaded this sprite and fixed cape quite much, thiis fix isn't present here though. Choose wichh one you want.

Grey:
download/file.php?id=3746

Blue:
download/file.php?id=3729

Portrait:
download/file.php?id=3737

I would give you my spr file, but it is on other computer.

Eternal

Thanks, Kage. I'll be sure to check them both out. When you have your fixed version, I'd love to see it!

Kagebunji

I will prob'ly get it tomorrow, so stay tuned! I fixed only cape though(rest looks fine in my opinion).

Eternal

Job tree has been added to the first post.

Eternal

OK, 2.1 is probably going to be the last version for a while unless there are huge errors. Below is a list of some changes in 2.1.

-Samurai have Innate: Two Hands, and can use Spears and Longbows.
-Lucavi stats have been slightly nerfed.
-Enemy levels have been slightly reduced.
-Mimes no longer need Bard/Dancer to unlock, and fixed the Summoner requirement for Monk from Level 5 to 3.
-Added a DD ENTD.
-Changed Aim skill CT to 0 so the AI doesn't stop charging with it.
-Bacchus Wine has been changed to Lilith's Kiss and now inflicts Confuse, rather than Berserk.
-Defend now reduces damage by 25%, rather than boosting Evasion.

Dokurider

Quote from: "Eternal248"OK, 2.1 is probably going to be the last version for a while unless there are huge errors. Below is a list of some changes in 2.1.

-Samurai have Innate: Two Hands, and can use Spears and Longbows.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that recognizes that Samurai also used Spears and Longbows traditionally.

Eternal

It's something that people had brought up before, and that I had considered originally, but I was kind of afraid to implement it for fear of people not liking it. But more options for each class are always welcome.