• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:03:36 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT: Newtype (Playable Demo in One Week, Armor Posted)

Started by Eternal248, April 19, 2010, 12:18:19 am

The Damned

*appreciates it even though he tends not to use Samurai*

Makes me want to use Samurai and have them snipe people with longbows from birdback.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Zaen

Ah, Spears too? I knew about Longbows, but not spears. Well, no. That's a lie. But you just made me realize it. Awesome. I gotta make a change to my samurai class now(trying to make it as correct as possible).
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Eternal

OK, apparently my item descriptions for this update didn't take. Just note that Samurai -can- equip Katana and Longbows. Just a note.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Celdia

Just decided to put this together for anyone playing this that wanted a Mime: despite Mime needing Job Level 3 for all Non-Bard/Non-Dancer Classes, unlocking them all requires more than that on a few different classes. So here's the REAL level listing for unlocking Mime.

Onion Knight 3
Scholar 3
Hunter 4
Black Mage 5
White Mage 5
Knight 4
Monk 5
Geomancer 4
Thief 5
Dragoon 3
Ninja 3
Samurai 3
Time Mage 4
Enchanter 4
Mediator 3
Summoner 3
Oracle 3
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Eternal

I eat my words, people. 2.1b fixes those item descriptions and fixes a few battles. Not a huge change from 2.1, until you get to Yardow and have Rafa buttknived by Ninjas. i.e. Yardow is beatable in 2.1b. >_<

Also, I'd like to apologize if I release many updates in a row. I fix things as my testers get further in the game and discover more glitches and errors. I'll retitle the topic with the latest version, as I've been doing. It's recommended that you keep a clean ISO to copy when a new update comes along. Thanks to everyone for your extraordinary patience.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Zenius

I just started my own playthrough, and I must say I'm amazed with what you've done O_O it's like playing an entirely new game ^^
Phoenix Downs cost 2k? Wow xD

Skip Sandwich

I just started playing through as well, and just wanted to confirm something. Is the only reason for leveling up in scholar to get new items? I ask because it seems that NO job has any levels of scholar as a pre-req. Although I am liking having Cup of Life being available so early, it really makes it easy to keep everyone topped up on hp if it doesn't matter as much WHO I heal, so long as I heal someone. Also, apparently the thundergods hate me, out of 10 uses of the thunder spell so far, i've yet to hit a single thing, even twice when there was only a single empty panel in the area...
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Zenius

Holy cow, Counter Tackle actually hurts now :O

Eternal

@Zenius: Great! That's exactly what I was going for! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it! PD's (and all items, for that matter) are more expensive as a kind of a way to a) stop item spammage and b) add a layer of tactics outside of battle. In Vanilla, you pretty much always have an excess of Gil. In Newtype, you have to do Props and actually save money and sell old gear if you want to keep up. It really makes you prioritize. Regarding Counter Tackle, it's an amazing Reaction early on, and worth using instead of jumping just to Counter.

@Skip: Scholar is needed for Mime, but that's about it. They're meant to be a utility unit throughout the game, and their items can come in great use. On that note, you've gotten Cup of Life to work? It never likes to proc for me. Ever. Regarding Thunder, I feel your pain. We always seem to remember when the attacks miss, moreso than when they hit. =P

Kagebunji

It took some time, but I bringed Exodus with me. Good job on patch, gonna play it now.

edit, forgot to mention, how about changing Clouds Materia Blade to Buster Sword? Sprite for this weapon is easy, so you could do it yourself. Well if there were any problems, I could do the sprite. Your call.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

Cloud's Materia Blade has been the Buster Sword since the very first version. :3

Thanks for the Exdeath sprite, I'll see if I can make room for it. ^_^

Kagebunji

You MUST make room for Exodus :D

And thanks for Buster Sword.

Eternal

OK, apparently the file is missing .ppf at the end of it. For PPF-o-Matic, you need to add the .ppf to the end of the file name for it to recognize it. I thought I had put the .ppf on it. =\

Mari

Looking forward to playing, but I wanna finish up my 1.3 playthrough I recenly started first!

It certainly seems interesting, so I'm hoping I'll have a lot of fun with it. =P
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Eternal

Very, very small update.

-Turned Cataclysm into Black Hole, so it's not broken anymore.
-Geomancers can use Instruments, a la FFIII and FFV.
-Fixed some text errors and ENTD errors.

The Damned

You should probably edit in these changes in their own separate spoiler box in the front post if you already haven't because looking through now I noticed some things that you had already changed.

I'll try to start giving this a try sometime tonight, but my Geomancer is currently giving me "Writer's Block" so to speak, so we'll see.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

Perhaps I could help you with that. What issues are you having?

The Damned

I'll PM you since I don't want to take up any more space in the thread. It's mostly a balance issue than anything else since I've been trying to establish at least a base for all the 20 Generic classes before I do any heavy testing (outside of me testing to see if Lancer worked, which I think I formerdeathcrops helped me out with).

Eternal

Sure, feel free to PM me. It'd be even easier if you came onto IRC, though. =P

Skip Sandwich

heya, I think the listed samuri prereqs may be off, Lavian just reached the stated prereqs and samurai didn't unlock for her (her job levels are onion knight level 3, knight level 4, monk level 5, and geomancer level 4)
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com