• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:27:18 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Xif's Fixes (ASM Hacks & Spreadsheets)

Started by Xifanie, September 12, 2008, 10:50:17 pm

Vanya

All I did was set Defend to function like Jump instead of a default skillset. Also, I set Defend's Action Menu to Jump.
How did you get jump to have a range of 8?
Perhaps this info could be useful in future endeavors.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

FFMaster

I changed Defend to Jump in the action menu's and changed Defend's hex from FF to 34 (Izlude's Jump). Level Jump 8 and Vertical Jump 8 was also in 34's skillset.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

AvengerXP

Mr. Zodiac, could you if you have a minute locate the spot where the event bonus brave is located when you make a choice before a fight? The one where you gain 10 Br if you want to help. Thanks for everything.

Vanya

Quote from: "FFMaster"I changed Defend to Jump in the action menu's and changed Defend's hex from FF to 34 (Izlude's Jump). Level Jump 8 and Vertical Jump 8 was also in 34's skillset.

Interesting... I used the generic version of Jump instead of the special one.
Perhaps the special Throw commands that Celia & Lede use will yield similar results.
Also, it occurs to me that since the AI can use the originals just fine it might be advantageous to manually force them to use those in the ENTD as a work around.
I think this merits a bit of research.
¯\(°_0)/¯

FFMaster

When you said the AI was using Defend -> Jump, did you just edit an ENTD to give a unit Defend?

EDIT: The AI is still just defending even though the player can't... how are they accessing it?

Vanya

Oops I just remembered, I actually set Attack to also work like Jump. The player used both Attack->Jump & Defend->Jump in the same ineffective way, but the AI was probably using Attack as jump, not Defend as jump.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

I had an idea for a hack that would be useful for use in conjunction with ARH & GSFH.
I was thinking about how it would be cool to give some of the special units like Cloud a specific skillset for their unique abilities without having to sacrifice their Squire skillset. I could use the ARH to make all of Cloud's Limit Break skills require that he be in critical status and move them to another skillset. Then all I would need is to make the new skillset appear in his act menu. There is only one way to do this right now and that is by using the GSFH to make Defend into a normal skillset and add all the Limit abilities to it. The problem with this is that this basically disables the normal defend ability and all other methods give skillsets to all units. While I can make the Limit abilities require the SOLDIER job it would look ugly and make no sense for all units to have Cloud's Limit Breaks. So the solution I'm thinking of is to expand the 'Skillset A9 for all units' hack so that it works kinda like the GSFH where it uses a table to add a specified skillset to each job. This would make it easy to create job-based limit breaks, bonus skills, and lots of other neat stuff like that. It could be used to easily add Break Arts to a custom Riskbreaker job and even unique skills to special boss units since they all have their own special jobs. Another variant to this hack could rely on Unit ID instead of job id to tie the skillsets to specific characters instead of their custom jobs. What do you guys thing?

TEST RESULTS>

Generic Squires with:
Attack set to 12 (Jump).
Defend set to 14 (Throw), set to innate skillset & with 26 swords in stock.
Vertical & Level Jump8 set to 0 JP cost and 100% learn rate with no other skills in Attack set.
Sword throw skill set to 0 JP cost & 100% learn rate with no other skills in Defend set.

With relevant abilities set to Jumping/Throwing:
AI & Player used Attack as Jump correctly.
AI never used Defend as Throw.
Player Defend command appeared grayed out and stated that no skills were available.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Xifanie

This would be pretty "easy" with ARH2. Only thing is that probably only me will be able to use it because it will be so complicated. But your A9 Skillset idea would work.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Vanya

Cool. I really think that would add another dimension to job hacking and to FFT's gameplay.
¯\(°_0)/¯

FFMaster

If you change Math Skill to 05, you can get rid of the annoying slowdown when casting spells.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfaP_wLrGPw

But when the AI casts a spell from the skillset, it still slows down. =(

Skip Sandwich

I have a question about the Generic Skillset Fix Hack, if you use it to change geomancy into a regular skillset, then what happens to Counter Flood? How does it behave when it can't reference the special Geomancy command?
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Vanya

Try it out. I'm guessing that it uses the geomancy routine on it's own independent of weather the skillset does.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Xifanie

it never referenced to the elemental skillset to start with.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

philsov

just the ability slots of "elemental", correct?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Zodiac, could you make a hack which triggers allows equipment types to trigger (or disallow) specific R/S/Ms?  Like all Heavy Body Armors add Defense Up?
Equipment Type.....Trigger R/S/M.........................Disallow R/S/M
Knife.......................Drop Down Box of R/S/Ms.....Drop Down Box of R/S/Ms
Ninja Knife..............DD Box of R/S/Ms...................DD Box
Sword.....................
And so on.

Or maybe the same thing, but for specific items?  Fist, Knife, Mythril Knife, Blind Knife, Mage Masher,...

Xifanie

No.

I thought I already said I wasn't taking requests; I have way enough on my hands.

Xifanie

Added:

0x000E34C4 :
0x000DA82C :
Spell quotes always pops up

Vanya

How about a variant... 'Spell quotes never pops up'?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Xifanie

There is already an option for that in the game, is something wrong with it?

Archael

you can just turn off all spell quotes in patcher

HEY ZODIAC cAN U MAKE AN ASM HACK TO LOWER THE VOLUME!?