• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:16:27 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSP (Current Version: 2.6)

Started by Eternal248, April 21, 2012, 08:53:46 pm

VireBlaze

This patch has been both infuriating in some spots (Luso fight with lvl. 45 Behemoths when I still have yet to get to Riovanes), it's also been a lot of fun and interesting.  It's been very well done and I'm really enjoying it!

The one thing I -have- noticed, and I'm honestly not sure if it's supposed to be like this, is that Dark Knight, despite learning all Active skills, only has Crushing Blow available in battles.  I haven't played the vanilla version, so is it supposed to be like this?  As well as the notes for 2.5 saying 'Move +2, Move +3, and Jump +3 have been removed', but Dark Knight has Move +3 and Jump +3.

Also, sorry to be a pain-in-the-butt, but is it alright if I ask where I could find info on growth rates for the classes in this patch?

Thank you, Eternal, for all the effort you've put into this patch!

Eternal

I find that the trick to the Luso fight is charging in head first with everyone else and using Protect on him. The Behemoths fall pretty quickly once they're debuffed. It's letting the battle drag on (and boosting their stats) that causes issues.

As far as the Dark Knight goes, is this a Dark Knight you recruited or one you grew yourself? Also, the Move/Jump bug is fixed for whenever I release the next update, lol. I'm glad you're enjoying it!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

VireBlaze

It's funny cause by the end of the fight, Luso ended up taming two of the Behemoths.  :P  Charming one of them right off the bat really helped.

And it was one I grew myself - it was Ramza, to be more precise.  Oddly enough though, by Chapter 4, in the second Zalmour fight, making him a Dark Knight that time, he had all the Action skills available to him instead of -just- Crushing Blow.  The last time I tried Dark Knight was back in Chapter 3.

AmoebaCel

July 26, 2016, 11:14:27 am #283 Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 12:24:30 pm by AmoebaCel
I just think that the monsters are overtuned for the early game. Those added statuses and passive abilities are a major pain if you're trying to farm JP on non-combat classes.

Eternal

Monsters are inherently difficult to balance, simply because you're so limited with what you can do with them. My suggestion is to try either Mandalia or Sweegy to train characters, Mandalia in particular, since the most annoying thing you could run into there is a Chocobo. (Or Poison, if a Panther Poisons you.)
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

AmoebaCel

I am curious to know if you've made any changes to the Riovanes Castle Roof battle with Elmdore and his two assassins (where Rapha mustn't be KOed or it's game over). Are there any stealable items or must-haves? I know you made the Genji items available for stealing later on versus Elmdore so I was wondering if you did the same thing here. The reason I'm asking is because Rapha ended the battle with a single cast of Mantra before I could even get a turn on any of my units; she landed almost everything on one of the assassins and made all of them run. Biggest laugh I've had in the game so far.

TauzentBlitz

I'm thinking about starting a game with this patch, it looks pretty interesting. However, since the 2.6 patch was just released for PSX, I don't know whether I should wait for that patch here or just start with the 2.5 patch. Would it break my game if I patched 2.6 over top later?

Eternal

Nah, you could update it easily later on as long as you patch a new ISO- your save would remain the same. That said, KO PSP 2.6 won't be out for a while, so I would just go ahead and enjoy 2.5. :)

bluefelt

Thanks for making this patch :) I enjoyed it though i got stuck on some parts like in Saving Boco those Goblins were so OP and in battling Velius in Riovanes.

Hmm I don't know if this is a glitch but in the fight against Balk at the Lost Halidom. There's a Dark Behemoth there that uses Ramza Chapter 1 sprite and it defends while it waits for its turn.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

Hey, sorry Blue, I just saw this. I think the Dark Behemoth bug was fixed for the next update, but I'll double check. Thanks for playing, and I hope you're having fun!

vrork

Hey there. I love your changes so far, but is there a way to edit saves? I tried with Lioneditor but it doesnt even see the saves. (emulating it on PPSPP)

Eternal

I'll be perfectly honest: I'm not familiar with Lioneditor. I'm assuming it'd work the same though, since I didn't change anything about the save data. Sorry I can't be of more help. =\

vrork

Did you changed any requistes to become DK? Because i did everything needed and i cant unlock it. Also, looking in FFTpatcher, the skill set seems all messed up.
Actions:
00A5 Shadowblade
0073 Steal EXP
016E Plunder XP
0041 Golem

3lric

Becoming a DK is not editable by our tools here. As Eternal said, he does not plan to add it in, so if you have any further questions regarding this, post them in the help section. Thank you
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

Quote from: Elric on February 03, 2017, 07:09:08 pm
Becoming a DK is not editable by our tools here. As Eternal said, he does not plan to add it in, so if you have any further questions regarding this, post them in the help section. Thank you

This is for the PSP version, which does have a Dark Knight job. The reason those skills are in that skillset are because the old DK skills had certain hardcoded features that I wanted to change for balance reasons. As such, I took those other skills (which weren't being used) and changed them into the "new" DK skills, which have the same name and animations as the old ones, but without the hardcoded silliness. As far as the prereqs are concerned, they've actually been lessened slightly to make the job easier to acquire. It still requires 20 kills, but only needs 5 GEO/DRG/SAM/NIN now instead of 8, though you still need to Master KNT and BLM.

vrork

Ah ok. i managed to cheat my way to it, but skills were weird...

Eternal

Yeah, the skill names are correct in-game, but in the Patcher and other editors, it won't appear correctly.

vrork

Quote from: Eternal on February 03, 2017, 09:35:02 pm
Yeah, the skill names are correct in-game, but in the Patcher and other editors, it won't appear correctly.

Ah okay. Also, i have to change the poison from the "cats" and the chackra. Ranged poison doesnt make sense and chackra just make the fight drag on forever

DatWhteMage

Hey there! I just found out about your mod about a week ago and it kinda opened me up to this community. I love FFT, WotL specifically since it's my first ever PSP game. I've been playing it whenever I get some free time off of work and I am enjoying the tweaks you've made!
Will you still be updating this mod? I've been lurking here for some time now and I've caught wind of the fact that the original title's easier and friendlier to mod. I hope you still decide to work on this as well!  :)

Also a few questions, if you don't mind...
Why remove the ability to alter Bravery and Faith? It was a very nice touch giving the starting generics decently even stats, but I was a bit confused why not do the same for when the player decides to hire new generics. It took me quite a while to find units with a specific zodiac sign AND stats that didn't fall below 60 Bravery and/or Faith. Is that something that can be worked on?  :oops:
I was surprised that the Orator had the ability to increase and decrease the Physical Attack stat but couldn't do the same for Magical Attack. Wouldn't that seem unfair to magical units?  :?

Oh and I also found a bug of sorts... The Earplug reaction ability is mentioned in certain Orator abilities but the reaction ability itself isn't present anywhere on any class.

Aside from all that though, everything seems fine. I'm loving my support Treants  :D Thank you so much for this mod and for all the effort you've put into this! You've given me a reason to pick up and play with my PSP again!
  • Modding version: WotL

Stories8106

March 26, 2017, 03:55:18 pm #299 Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:04:51 pm by Stories8106
Quote from: JohnPaul on June 13, 2012, 10:04:08 pm
I'm only playing the PSP version, not the PSX version, but a few things I've found include

• Finding items with treasure hunter displays "found **" where the asterisks are the first two letters of the item, not the whole item name.  So finding a golden helm would read "found Go"

Hey Eternal, how did you fix this? I'm running into this issue on my psp mod and not really sure how to fix it.  Tried combing the forums, but no dice
  • Modding version: WotL