• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:55:53 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Official Sprite Contest Vote! (Third Place)

Started by Cheetah, July 21, 2011, 01:37:17 pm

Choose your favorite Alma Job sprite:

Almabot 9001 (Eternal)
4 (14.8%)
Malmboro (st4rw4k3r)
1 (3.7%)
Vocaloid (RedWorld)
0 (0%)
CatMa Sith (st4rw4k3r)
0 (0%)
Failed Lap Dancer (Conman)
1 (3.7%)
Dark Alma (Kokojo)
2 (7.4%)
White Noble (Dill Fenrir)
2 (7.4%)
Cosplayer (FDC)
0 (0%)
Sheikma (Mando)
3 (11.1%)
Lucavi Hunter (Conman)
4 (14.8%)
White Cleric (Celdia)
0 (0%)
Noble Knight (Sarbs0)
0 (0%)
Warrior (Sarbs0)
2 (7.4%)
Alma Aran (Wolfran)
6 (22.2%)
YMCA (Wolfran)
1 (3.7%)
Santa Alma (Dark Lepurcan)
0 (0%)
Wizard (Dark Lepurcan)
1 (3.7%)
Dragon Warrior (Dark Lepurcan)
0 (0%)
Sexy Angel (Wiz)
0 (0%)
Red Mage (Mando)
0 (0%)
Cuddly Alma (Teddirayo)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: July 27, 2011, 02:49:18 am

Cheetah

July 21, 2011, 01:37:17 pm Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:53:55 am by Cheetah
Alma Gets a Job!

We have a total of 24 valid entrees into this Spriting Contest, this is an incredible turnout. The results of the vote will be announced at the time listed on the poll. Only 1 vote per user, please do not vote using alt accounts and it is generally considered poor form to vote for your own sprite. Please refer to the judging criteria for guidance in voting, though it should be noted that all the following sprites are considered valid entrees. Feel free to discuss or ask questions in this thread, however there is no need to post how you voted.

If you submitted a sprite that is not on this vote list, and you do not believe is failed to meet the submission rules, feel free to PM me with questions.

Judging Criteria:
1) Creativity: This covers both the job idea and the physical design of the sprite. Find original, intelligent, and witty ways to follow the general theme of the contest.
2) Artistic Ability: The more original elements incorporated into the sprite the better. However, make sure to balance this with the visual quality of the sprite. General pixel art ability, design, and palette choice are important here.
3) Valid Submission: There are clear expectations for submission, please try your best to follow them.

If you are unable to see the above pictures, then the following link will direct you to previews of all the contestants. Note that they will be labeled the same but be in a different order than what is on the poll. http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7483

Current Projects:

st4rw4k3r

Teddirayo

Kupo Mothafucka!!! do you speak it?

MysticKnightFF5

I voted for Dark Alma; yay dark knights!!

st4rw4k3r

Are we betting gill now!

50 Gil on Sheikma!

Cheetah

Quote from: st4rw4k3r on July 21, 2011, 05:01:58 pm
Question!
Where are the pics!

Thanks for the tip St4r. Everyone can see the pics now right?
Current Projects:

st4rw4k3r

still look dead to moi.
Did you upload them to photobucket or something first?

dinosaur

I can see the pics! Looks good.... I dont know who to pick?!!

GeneralStrife

Voted for the lapdance. Giggity. Good sprite kage.

st4rw4k3r

wait, Dino isn't a mod, so am I just blind?

MysticKnightFF5

Eternal

He was while reorganising the picture thread in the Introduction board. Thanks for reminding me.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

st4rw4k3r

July 21, 2011, 08:01:11 pm #12 Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:21:24 pm by st4rw4k3r
okay, so Cheetah has yet to fix the pictures.
I shall take the matters and does this myself.

Nevermind I have gotten word from other that it is being worked on?
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7483
(Still offering help)

GeneralStrife

Nothing  has been wrong with the thread.
Sad we can't see who's winning.

Cheetah

I think the pictures are a browser issue at this point. I have checked it out on several computers without using my login and it has worked.  I will provide a link at the top to the archived section stuff so people who are having difficulties can see it there. Unless someone else has a better idea, I believe this should do the trick.
Current Projects:

MagiusRerecros

As much as I enjoy Almabot 9001 (it's over 9000!!!), and the Lap Dancer Alma, for me it's pretty much a contest between Shiekma and Alma Aran.... But I think Ima have to go with Alma Aran.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

EmmaNigma

Remember, kids. If you tell someone who you voted for, it won't come true!
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Kaijyuu

Cuddly Alma would've got my vote if her head didn't look so disembodied.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

July 22, 2011, 04:21:51 am #19 Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:23:18 am by Kagebunji
Voted for Safari Alma by Lijj.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown