• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:50:01 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Fur Shop Before Chapter III? [SOLVED]

Started by Ashiel, April 27, 2014, 04:29:24 pm

Ashiel

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on April 30, 2014, 02:07:23 am
You can, but you also need to change the battle graphic via my workbook, and if you want Secret Hunt, it needs to stay using one of the [WEAPON] formulas and not an ability formula.  I completely rearranged all the equipment in Journey of the Five to manipulate how the game determines random equipment and there's no bugs like this, you just need to be thorough about it.  It's a royal pain in the ass but we have all the tools to reorganize all the weapon / shields / heads / armors / accessories to any order we want without restriction as long as we keep them in their own broad groups.

So wait, why is it that the guns I made seem to be working? They're properly showing up on classes with proficiency with them (like chemists) despite formerly being harps (my chemists definitely have no harp proficiencies) and yet they're spawning on NPCs and only NPCs with the proper proficiencies. I didn't do anything special to make this happen, so what's going on?

Shade

Quote from: Ashiel on May 01, 2014, 12:36:29 am
So wait, why is it that the guns I made seem to be working? They're properly showing up on classes with proficiency with them (like chemists) despite formerly being harps (my chemists definitely have no harp proficiencies) and yet they're spawning on NPCs and only NPCs with the proper proficiencies. I didn't do anything special to make this happen, so what's going on?

I think you understood what he was saying little wrong. I believe if you go to battle and use the gun, you will most likely notice the animation for that said weapon is the same animation as the Harp.

And that's because there are separate values set for the gun animation sprites used in battle and the sprite shown in the menu. So yeah, your gun is a gun. Or atleast that is how I think it goes. I has been a while since I've been to these forums.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou