• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:44:57 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Return to the world map after beating Altima! [Hack by Pride]

Started by Dome, January 22, 2012, 08:41:56 am

Dome

Quote from: PrideReturn to the world map after beating Altima. I tried to make it go to the World Map after the cemetery scene but it wouldn't work. So I had to settle for less. You also return to the World Map at Magic City Gariland with Leo and Virgo in hand, you can replay the final sequence of battles, and you can view the last few scenes as well (such as the cemetery scene). The .ppf works but I haven't tried the .xml but it should work. Just apply with FFTorgASM.

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Rfh

Editing out once with attack out editor, I got that could start the game with the same party with which you finished the game, but I skipped the event of the cemetery.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

3lric

January 22, 2012, 09:37:03 am #2 Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 09:43:07 am by Elric42
Quote from: Dome on January 22, 2012, 08:41:56 am
After the game ending, setting the game to return to the world map instead of returning to the title screen (Without the red dot in the "Orbonne monastery")

Would be like the "Map mode" of Fire Emblem 8

Yes Dome, this is very possible  :mrgreen:

You would edit the last battle of the game in Attack.out GUI to be "Go to Worldmap" after that senario
You would also need to change the ADD/ZERO commands in that event to move you off of Murond as well as to remove the lines :D
It's all pretty painless

Dome

It is possible to turn this into an ASM to apply with OrgASM?

3lric

Quote from: Dome on January 22, 2012, 01:00:19 pm
It is possible to turn this into an ASM to apply with OrgASM?

I don't know anything about ASM :/ but i know that Gameflow stuff after its made is applied with orgASM.

Dome

Because allowing the player to play after they defeated Altima would be a -must have- hack

Glain

It doesn't sound like ASM but you can apply it with orgASM because that program can patch anything anywhere in the ISO whether or not it has anything to do with ASM.

So basically you just have to find what's being changed in ATTACK.OUT (by the Attack.out GUI) and TEST.EVT (the ADD/ZERO commands) and make it into an orgASM XML patch format.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Dome

Then, I'm officially requesting someone to research! XD
Is anyone else interested in this hack?

RavenOfRazgriz

I could just pop you a .ppf of fucking New Game+ if you prefer... it should be compatible with FFT+ and any other non-story-altering patch.  But this also requires I not be lazy.  That'll be something huge for you to overcome, my friend.

Dome

That would be freaking awesome! IMHO it's something that almost everyone who is working on a non-story-altering patch would want...
I say almost because for FFT + I'd rather have something like "You can keep playing after killing altima without having to replay the whole game" but whatever...
But I understand the whole -lazy- part...'cause I'm lazy too

Pride

Return to the world map after beating Altima. I tried to make it go to the World Map after the cemetery scene but it wouldn't work. So I had to settle for less. You also return to the World Map at Magic City Gariland with Leo and Virgo in hand, you can replay the final sequence of battles, and you can view the last few scenes as well (such as the cemetery scene). The .ppf works but I haven't tried the .xml but it should work. Just apply with FFTorgASM.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Dome

Thanks a ton Pride! I've updated the first post with your hack