• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:29:44 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT: Parted Ways Sprites

Started by Eternal248, December 18, 2010, 08:43:54 am

jimmyjw88

February 03, 2011, 09:47:46 pm #80 Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:48:26 pm by jimmyjw88
Alright. Here's the blue and red skirt, though note that I'm using only 2 colours. So there's loss of details. Also, is her shoulder preferably clean?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

I like the blue one a lot. This is an interesting sprite. I can't wait to see the other angles.

Cheetah

Something about this sprite's face is really throwing me off, are the eyes too low or something?

Also I fell like a long dress would look much better on this sprite.

Great to have you back btw Jimmy :D.
Current Projects:

Wolfran

I think the hat is too high not the eyes,Cheetah. And the skirt is fine but the left arm ( the one facing us) needs some shadows in the upper part. This sprite is amazing, Jimmy.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Eternal

I think I prefer the red one, to be honest. The blue looks great on the skirt, but I don't like it on the shoulderpads, whereas the red model you made blends perfectly with each part of the sprite, if that makes sense.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

jimmyjw88

@mav ~ Thanks. Or would you like to try some other choices of colours? You're great with palettes.

@Cheetah ~ I feel the same too. The one with coat seems better. And thanks ^_^

@Wolfran ~ Yeah, the hat a pixel or two higher. Ah yes, the arm, thanks. And thanks.

@Eternal ~ Yeah, I like the blue because it looks good on the skirt. Unfortunately, I'm only able to choose one. That, or sacrifice the white.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Twinees

Looks great Jimmy.
I think the lightest black colour could probably be a slight bit lighter, and is the sprite 16 colours?
Anyway great job.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Hat seems too small for her head, other than that it is great. I can't give much crits ATM....
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zozma

This looks great, i have to agree about the hat too. but other than that it is really nice
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

Kinda outdated, but the hat does seem to be too high like noted earlier. IS it straight copy of Male Scholar? If you give me permission, I will try to edit the hat and hair a bit, cause I am just curious to see how it would look if the hat was lower.

Kagebunji

Paletted Lucavi Follower. Also please send me concept for Quinn, ok?

GeneralStrife

Atma

October 04, 2011, 05:44:54 pm #92 Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:50:35 pm by Atma
i was looking at the portrait of the Assassin and something seemed off and i realized the mask wasn't really the right shape.  Even tho the FFT portraits don't have noses, the mask would still be stretched over the bridge of her nose making it look more angular.  Here's a quite paint over of it.  The third I added a little shading to show there's a nose there... not sure if it's better with or without the shadow, so I posted both.  Also tweaked a single pixel near her hair so it looks like it's not going over her ears.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Scearcely

bandit portrait is off:

Kagebunji

The mask hanging on her non-existant nose is not making sense though, I would agree if the portrait had a nose, but now it is just weird, no matter how you look at it. That's just the style.

RandMuadDib

really? i thought the over-the-nose was a big improvement. the under-the-nose just looked weird to me.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Cheetah

This error can actually be caused by emulators, as it reads the file one pixel off. However, it is easily fixed by putting an additional horizontal line of the background color. I believe this doesn't interfere with any other animations. Alternatively you can make the portrait background color equivalent to the solid black of the sprite sheet.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

October 10, 2011, 09:25:17 am #97 Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:00:50 am by Kagebunji
Lately I came across a really great site with loads of FFT fan artwork. There are some nice, inspiring concepts to be found, so I wondered if I should share those. Here is a small example:

A knights of some sorts(on the site labeled as young Balbanes, but I tihnk the one in brighter hair might be Orlandu)
http://i55.tinypic.com/154dno9.jpg

A witch?(minus the schoolgirl uniform)
http://i53.tinypic.com/2ilipz9.jpg

If anyone will attempt to do some concept, I will gladly finish it(like I did with Cyan, teamworking with Twinees). Some of those concepts are really worth it IMO.

EDIT: I just couldn't leave this, I kinda like this concept
http://i51.tinypic.com/156e43m.jpg

RandMuadDib

i got "403 forbidden" for all three. any chance you could download them and reupload them here?
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Kagebunji

October 10, 2011, 10:01:13 am #99 Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:08:14 am by Kagebunji
Reuploaded and fixed my last post. Should be fine now.

Another one I found, looks nice for an Assassin of some sorts: