• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:53:49 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

The call of Power - General info/discussion thread

Started by Kokojo, January 15, 2009, 02:13:41 am

Tea

March 16, 2009, 01:42:24 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tea
If you like, I could help.

psp master

March 16, 2009, 03:13:21 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by psp master
How can I be useful?
What help do you need?

Dome

March 16, 2009, 03:37:36 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
It could be called FFT:fire emblem xD
very well done indeed...^_^
I don't think you need any help, but if i truly can do something for you just ask xD

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Madmartigan

March 16, 2009, 04:10:01 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Madmartigan
Quote from: "psp master"I can help with the spell quotes.
Dash:
Beware of my body rushing into you! Dash!
Throw Stone:
I doesnt afraid of anything! Throw Stone!

This guy's hired! :P

Archael

March 16, 2009, 04:29:00 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Madmartigan"
Quote from: "psp master"I can help with the spell quotes.
Dash:
Beware of my body rushing into you! Dash!
Throw Stone:
I doesnt afraid of anything! Throw Stone!

This guy's hired! :P

slightly off topic but

I must know where your portrait image is from

tell me now

Tea

March 16, 2009, 04:46:52 pm #45 Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 04:47:41 pm by Tea
Zone Eater, an enemy in Final Fantasy VI, located on Triangle Island (World of Ruin only). You need to battle him and get all your chars engulfed to get in the cave on that island to get Gogo. It is level 61, has 7700 HP, 57000 MP, gives 2000 exp and gil, 23 attack, 120 defence, is weak to holy, strong versus all other elements, has a warp stone to steal and uses Lode Stone, Cold Dust, Demi and Engulf.

Satisfied?

beawulfx

March 16, 2009, 04:47:16 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
I believe it's from FFVI, I forget the name of the enemy though. Soul/Zone Eater? Something like that.

EDIT: See above >_>
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

CidIII

March 16, 2009, 05:30:44 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
I'm surprised you didn't know that Voldemort. If you haven't played FF6 then you need to get the fuck out and play it.

If you did and wanted to know where he got the image, then it's probably from here: http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFa ... /Misc.html
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

Madmartigan

March 16, 2009, 06:10:29 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Madmartigan
Zone Eater
The thing that swallows you, and inside is the area where you get Gogo and there's those weird guys that shove you off the platforms. Palette swap of Hoover, from the desert where you fight Cactrot.

I also have this domain for some reason:
http://zoneeater.com/
There's a link to bands I'm in and did sites for and this NES music thing I did a long time ago.
Everything needs to be updated really bad.

Yeah, off topic! That's what pm's are for Voldemort!  :D

Zozma

March 16, 2009, 07:33:56 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i remember that thing! and then theres another one called Hoover but it doesn't drop you into that cave.

(sorry off topic, that was a great game tho)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kokojo

March 16, 2009, 11:02:31 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Quote from: "Dome"It could be called FFT:fire emblem xD
very well done indeed...^_^
I don't think you need any help, but if i truly can do something for you just ask xD

Give ideas for skills you would like to see. This is an order !

Btw awesome Tea. Il borrow some ideas.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Dome

March 17, 2009, 09:04:43 am #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
mmm ok, i will try to suggest you all i have in mind xD
-I dont know what you plan to do with ability, but i suggest you to remove teleport and move +1/2/3 - jump +1/2/3

-In this way you will appreciate a 5 move unit (thief?) and u will hate 2 move units (golem?)

-Also giving all Magic-type unit low movement and jump and making they're magic stronger u can truly turn them in glass cannon like they should be.

-Also riding chocobo will be usefull (if monsters are implemented in this patch)

-If u also put ether rare and no mp recover ability you could put more magic usable (is not that imba to have Mbarrier if you can use it only one time each fight...)

-You could give all unit innate item and make them unable to equip other skillset (so you will always have only your class skillset and item, that would mean less flexibility but you will appreciate more the stat of any single class)

-Anyway, lets go to talk about some idea (of course stupid xD)

-Civilian: Much like onion knight in FFT:WOTL, no ability stupid stat but all equip...NPC right?

-Squire: Move 4 Jump 3 C.EV 15 (Basic skill)
They are good as they are, nothing less nothing more needed...

-Knight: Move 3 Jump 3  C.EV 20 (Battle skill)
Maybe they should be able to raise they're attack power for 1 turn at mp cost (The knight focus on his next attack to do more damage to the enemy) and nothing more...if i understood right they should only attack and block with shields...maybe they should be able to wield 2 shield at time? xD

-Lawbringer: Move 3 Jump 3 C.EV 5 (Law sword)
It seems a lot a paladin to me...some sword skill at high mp cost and evadable would do...also he should access to some less cure spell (cure 1?)
Another thing that i would like to see is a holy elemental strike (like the normal attack, but unevadable...cost some mp, called holy strike: Praying the god the lawbringer recieve the power to bypass the protection of the enemy)

-Thief: Move 5 Jump 4 C.EV 30 (thievery)
mmm, a lot like vanilla i think...remove steal exp and charm, and give him some ability with the bows: arm aim, leg aim at lower %, maybe 30%+speed formula.+
Another thing that i would like to see is an ability that double the range of the weapon but cut by half the accuracy, at a little mp cost

-Golem: Move 2 Jump 2 C.EV 0 (Earth skill)
I love them xD
Give them an auto-cure ability (like chakra but that doesn' affect near units, and heal only hp) and some little earth-based ability (an earth slash with less range would be good)

-Strategist: Move 3 Jump 3 C.EV 10 (Strategy)
Give them Instant ability that affect all ally in range of 3 (for example, low heal hp, haste for 1 round, etc...)

-Elementalist: Move 4 Jump 2 C.EV 10 (Elemental magic)
nothing to say here, maybe he should access only tier 1 spell of ALL element (fire, ice, wind, thunder, holy, dark, earth, wind...)

-Sorcerer: Move 3 Jump 2 C.EV 0 (Magicks)
maybe he should be like a red mage, but with only high mp magic cost (tier 3 of magic, Mbarrier, etc...)

-Mindmaster: Move 4 Jump 2 C.EV 20 (Mind spell)
They use charm, train, invite and things like that right?not a lot to say here...

-Destroyer: Move 3 Jump 3 C.EV 0 (Destroy)
Stat break ability and some status spell here i think (speed/power/magic/mind ruin, frog, petrify, etc...)

-Phaseshifther:truly no idea here...

-Incarnate: Move 3 Jump 2 C.EV 20
interestin idea, a magic user that dont use mp to attack but to defend...but how he damage? some elemental spell maybe or a summon?

-Blood knight: Move 4 Jump 4 C.EV 0 (Bloody sword)
some sword skill that drain his hp in order to do imba damage (if he has innate undead it would be hard to heal and impossible to resurrect xD)

If you find something usefull of this, just tell me and i can give more advice-or think at what the character could shout while usind the ability
"God, give me the power! Holy strike!"
"You will have no idea on what happened to you...Death!"
"Come on guys, we can make it! -(aura-heal ability name)-!
And shit like that...
If nothing is usefull, just tell me to fuck myself and i will do it xD

Smitson

March 20, 2009, 06:49:09 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Looking good, my only two criticisms are
1. No new sprites
2. The low HP

Dome

March 20, 2009, 06:57:29 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
It's not necessary to implement new sprites...i prefer to have a good patch with no new sprites instead a shitty one with lot of sprites...but that's a matter of opinion ofc
The low hp...it's a thing that must be seen in-game to see if it's a good idea or not...

Xifanie

March 20, 2009, 09:08:49 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
You're saying this as if we couldn't have both.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kokojo

March 20, 2009, 10:27:12 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo

Zozma

March 20, 2009, 10:38:31 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
Quote from: "Zodiac"You're saying this as if we couldn't have both.

:o y-you mean a shitty one with no new spries!? n-noooo!

jk
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Dome

March 21, 2009, 03:48:55 am #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Zodiac"You're saying this as if we couldn't have both.
If we must choose, i will surely say: Sprites, you shall not pass! xD
Ofc if we can have both is better ^_^
I'm stupid but not THAT stupid...

Kokojo

March 22, 2009, 08:17:59 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Small update :

Elemantalist Skillet Video posted, but not the skillset itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR7h10am ... re=channel

Kokojo

April 06, 2009, 12:13:39 am #59 Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 04:03:06 am by Kokojo
Okay i have talked about a demo lately, but as everyone, i am a non-working bicth.

Checklist before demo :

N - Elemantalist skillset fix (100%)
N - First Script rewritten (100%)
N - City Event bug (100%)
N - City Battle fixed (100%)
N - City Battle Midevent (30%)
N - Forest Event (100%)
N - Forest Battle (50%)
N - Text edits (05%)
N - Balance in skillsets (90%)
N - Other small things (100%)
N-  Items (100%)

When the demo hits the ground, il update the ability post. All skills are now done up to the 2nd teir classes, so it's going pretty well. It is mostly becaue i lack motivation and even if i have free time, i can't seem to work unless BloodyBlade pushes me to do it. Also i can't work 3 days a week and i have no choice but to find a job, but i know you don't care about that, so il just work harder for you guys.