• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:20:20 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] Planned changes for the next release (1.01)

Started by Dome, August 11, 2011, 01:45:40 pm

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Stretch

Is there a way to change the max number of troops in your army? With only 16 slots, and all the specials who join... Let's see, Ramza, Rad, Alicia, Lavian, Boco, Mustadio, Agrias, Rafa, Malak, Orlandu, Beowulf, Reis, Worker 8, Meliadoul, Cloud, Byblos... that leaves no room for the poor old generic.

I guess Boco would be the first to be booted, and the special characters will cannibalize the generics for their skills...
Yeah, right

Dome

August 15, 2011, 06:12:40 pm #22 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:13:27 pm by Dome
Sadly, there is no-glitchy known way for now, otherwise it would have already been implemented

Dome

Posting to let you guys know that (For the moment) each of the planned changes has already been implemented :-)

Joseph Strife

Glad to hear it, this way it will be always updated.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Stretch

I think defend shouldn't be on everyone's action list. I've misclicked it way too many times, and it just ends your turn, and I never use it because I'd rather have that bit of CT if I don't want to take any other action.
Yeah, right

Tyler

Quote from: Stretch on August 16, 2011, 01:37:46 am
I think defend shouldn't be on everyone's action list. I've misclicked it way too many times, and it just ends your turn, and I never use it because I'd rather have that bit of CT if I don't want to take any other action.

^ I agree! It's nice to have that ability right off the spot, but I've done this so many times and have wasted so many turns because of it. :(
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: tylerf#3233

Stretch

There probably isn't a way to have move-find item on only player characters, and not enemies, right? What about setting move-find item as part of a job's innate abilities, only do it for the special player characters? So enemy generics won't scoop up my items, but Ramza, Rad, Agrias, Mustadio, etc. can.
Yeah, right

Dome

@Defend
Yeah, sometimes I misclicked it as well, and it gives you no warning...
But there is no known way at the moment to modify it (It would require an ASM)

@Stretch
Same issue of above, I don't know if there is an ASM that gives move find item only to your characters...

Stretch

Well, how did these features get implemented in the first place? I know in the ASM tool from the FFT Patcher suite has options to enable Defend and Move-Find on everyone, but I'm not sure about disabling them. I also know you can set Move-Find item as an innate skill for jobs in the FFT Patcher, and you can make all the special player character jobs have that skill and none of the generics or enemies. If those can be disabled with what tools you have, that is, or if it would work on this patch; I noticed the iso image I had grew a couple megabytes.
Yeah, right

Dome

Quote from: Stretch on August 16, 2011, 05:33:21 am
Well, how did these features get implemented in the first place? I know in the ASM tool from the FFT Patcher suite has options to enable Defend and Move-Find on everyone, but I'm not sure about disabling them. I also know you can set Move-Find item as an innate skill for jobs in the FFT Patcher, and you can make all the special player character jobs have that skill and none of the generics or enemies. If those can be disabled with what tools you have, that is, or if it would work on this patch; I noticed the iso image I had grew a couple megabytes.

I gave defend innate to everyone, and added an ASM that granted Move-find item innate to every job

Stretch

August 17, 2011, 04:10:57 am #31 Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:43:35 am by Stretch
So can you remove those ASM, or patch a version without those ASM, and go back through the job list adding innate move-find item to all special classes that join your party? No more enemy item scoops, no more defend.

EDIT: I'm fighting a bunch of random battles in chapter 3. There are quite a few single high level monster battles. Not counting the massive boomstick I found, I'm still steamrolling these guys. I say, crank them up another 10 or so levels. 1 on 5 is a very one sided battle.
Yeah, right

Dome

Random battles are not meant to be hard...and those battles are good if you want to increase the challenge (Recruit the +15 level monster) or grind faster to level 99

Stretch

Can stigma magic be given a larger field of effect? Like, any unit next to the stigma magic user at the same height gets the effect. What's the point of having stigma magic heal petrify, confusion, beserk, frog, sleep, and don't act if the skill can never be used during those status effects (except for confusion if you're lucky)?
Yeah, right

Dome

Guess you have a point
I'll make it able to hit yourself OR a nearby unit, but not both at the same time

Stretch

Sounds good.

What about silence making you not able to perform? It doesn't make much sense for dances, but Velius silenced my priest/performer, but she could still sing.
Yeah, right

Eternal

I've said all along that Immobilize should disable Dances and Silence should disable Songs. The former would require some ASM though.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Joseph Strife

@stigma magic
Yeah, it sound good this way, yourself or an ally nearby

@silence
This should go for performers too i think, but it look like it will need some ASM as Et said
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Dome

wemustexpandordie

Dome are you open to suggestions, or are you running one of those no suggestion policies i don't understand?