• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:28:14 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

request?

Started by wyat_erp, October 26, 2015, 01:12:03 am

wyat_erp

hi guys. i was just wondering if someone can help me with adding Razele's every monster is mountable ASM? been trying to add it for a week now and i still don't know how to do it. maybe I can upload my fft iso and add it? or maybe someone has the code for FFT Patcher so I can just copy it and add it to my game? greatly appreiate the help guys. ^^

dw6561

I'm no mod or anything (nor have I done anything notable besides hang around on FFT Arena), but I can help you a bit. I don't think you can do this directly wth FFT Patcher. Just copy and paste this template into a text editor, fill in the info, and save it with a .xml file extention. Put the file in the same directory as FFTorgASM (comes with the patcher suite), run the program, click the check box next to the hack, and patch your iso. I can't remember if the hack is already included or not, but it's a good exercise because there are some hacks that don't have a .xml and you will need to create one.

<Patches>
<Patch name="Name of Patch">
<Description>
Describe the hack here.
</Description>
<Location file="FILENAME_EXTENTION" offset="hexadecimal offset">
Paste the new values here.
</Location>
</Patch>
</Patches>

For example, your .xml could look like this:

<Patches>
<Patch name="All Monsters Mountable">
<Description>
Makes all monsters mountable.
</Description>
<Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="10D3E4">
</Location>
</Patch>
</Patches>

I literally learned this like three weeks ago, but it's super simple compared to extracting the files and changing the values with a hex editor. Always glad to help out!  :D
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.