• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:47:46 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Q&A section READ HERE BEFORE MAKING NEW TOPICS

Started by Zozma, October 04, 2008, 11:20:40 pm

Vanya

September 14, 2009, 11:26:12 am #160 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I'll go dig up the thread for the previous contests later today and make a new thread for...

THE SECOND ANNUAL HALLOWEEN SPRITE CONTEST!!!

Woohoo!! ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

jimmyjw88

September 14, 2009, 11:27:30 am #161 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Oo...this could be interesting ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Vanya

¯\(°_0)/¯

jimmyjw88

September 14, 2009, 11:38:14 am #163 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Ah, yes. I remember reading these two posts. Very nice ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Blue Frog

November 22, 2009, 05:28:20 pm #164 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Blue Frog
Lol I have not been here in ages or on the FFT sprtitng scene ^_^.Just wondering if any of you people have the program that allows you to edit the formations screen sprites?

Kokojo

November 22, 2009, 05:41:48 pm #165 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Search for fftevgrp on the forum... you should find it !
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Blue Frog

November 22, 2009, 06:20:12 pm #166 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Blue Frog
Ahh thank you very much I really am rusty -.-".

aisukitsune

hi im new on the sprite making thing and i got the shishi sprite editor and exported the bmp file and made my sheet fine when i went to import it and i belive this is where this question gets repetitive but ill ask it anyway the colors seem to go negitive on me when they are back in the editor can anyone ether help me fix the problem?

blade8531

if you are using mspaint, it uses a palette larger than 16 colors so it gets all screwy when you import it back.
you have to use graphicsgale, which can be a pain to switch to if you're used to paint (like me)
i tend to manually draw a palette onto the bmp with graphicsgale, then work in paint using the dropper tool to select colors.

if you look at the window labelled "palette" in the screenshots on this page: http://ffhacktics.com/tutorials.php?id=10
you'll notice that there are two rows of 16 colors.  the top 16 are used for the sprites, and the middle 16 are for the portrait
I think you'll be able to figure out how it works with that portrait tutorial,  that's how i learned anyway.  

hope someone can go into more detail if you're still stuck.

MagiusRerecros

I've been trying to use the custom sprite Young Noble Ramza from this site in my WotL game (as Ramza, of course), but the sprite size is too big. Can anyone offer a simple way to reduce the sprite size so it can be used?
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

jimmyjw88

What do you mean by that? Isn't all the size are same? Hmm...

Kagebunji

I had this issue too, not once, it says something like:"sprite size is 60000 bytes, the max size is 40000" And you cannot replace it.

MagiusRerecros

Yeah, we're talking about file sizes here, not image sizes here. Sorry, should have been more specific.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

H.U.N.K

Okay, I know someone has asked before but....how can you change the sprites of the generic characters that you get in the Gariland Magick city level. Is there a way?

Vanya

There is. But you should search the help section for the answer.
¯\(°_0)/¯

FeralFirion

I'm new to the site (as you can probably tell by my post count) and I have very minimal experience with spriting (pokemon splices and things of the like). I've been wanting to try my hand at making FFT sprites for the longest time and I figured this was the best place to start. I was wondering what programs are necessary to create a FFT sprite (can you just make it in paint or photoshop?) and how to integrate the sprites into a copy of FFT. Sorry for the n00biness and thanks for your help :D

GeneralStrife

most use paint or Graphics Gale, or GIMP.
http://www.ffhacktics.com/downloads.php
Download the bundle with the ShiShi Sprite Editor to insert/rip sprites from your iso.
Don't be afraid to make a thread postin' the sprite you're working on asking for pointers. We are usually around to crit.

maugustus1

Can someone please point me in the direction of a decent Male and female Holy/Divine KNight, or anything that would fit the general template of a paladin or holy knight like agrias. Please and thanks!

MAug

GeneralStrife

Jesus man you didn't gimme time to post these in your thread.

maugustus1

Quote from: GeneralStrife on June 12, 2011, 05:09:22 pm
Jesus man you didn't gimme time to post these in your thread.

Im sorry! All my excitement has made me extremely anxious!! Seriously though thanks SO MUCH this is one of the last things i needed to make a playable demo. You're the best bro!