• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:51:54 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Short Art-Film Horror Script

Started by Lijj, March 31, 2014, 09:09:47 pm

Lijj

Hello. I thought I'd post this idea I had about making a short 'aht' film with my friend who makes short films and works as a free-lance photographer. I got the idea to make this happen after seeing this: http://vimeo.com/82920243 I ran the idea by him and he said he'd be down if I organized it (getting the set and actors etc.). The idea is from a dream I had that scared the f out of me; it's not the coolest dream,  nor the scariest I'd had but I think the visuals would be attainable with a tiny budget so I thought this would be the one to go for despite the religious viewpoints:

'The Adversary'

An Idea for a very short horror type film

Running time; approximately three minutes.

Show the room at whole; in a church like setting. There is a man in black standing at the podium addressing the congregation. Have the camera focus and zoom onto the man at the podium.

Man at the podium: "Good evening folks I am tonight's special guest speaker. I am not going to introduce myself as you will shortly understand exactly who I am. I am known by quite a few names but only one is accurate."

Man at the podium:   "I want you to understand this my beautiful people; I am not what you think I am. I have always had nothing but love for humankind." (brief pause) "It was I whom freed you from your cage known as the Garden of Eden." "The creator, in a jealous rage cursed me onto my belly... meaning I had to operate in the shadows  for thousands of years. I was never evil; it was God's evil curse which made me lurk in darkness. This is the only reason human kind fears me, but it's all a lie. I was cast into the abyss by our neglectful father; yet my intentions were always pure."

Here we see a juxtaposition of a mimic octopus overlap the screen (if we can get a stock piece of footage).
Show the crowd looking entranced... a bit.

Man at the podium:  "I am a god of love; but I need your love; the love of all mankind in order to take the place of the creator. If mankind realized en masse that I came here out of love for you you would accept me as your liberator. I was not casted down from heaven for my vanity; that is the biggest lie!"  (brief pause) "The creator ignores you, this is why I want you to accept me as your god. I will love you. I will listen to your prayers. I will be a visible, interactive god. I was the liberator of your creative spirit and I love all of you."

Another shot of the entranced crowd and some positive heckles ("Amen!" and what not).

Man at the podium: "Because of my curse I have been crippled in my ability to show the world what I truly am. But in order to fully break the chains I have suffered. I need all of you to accept me into your hearts." Do you really wish to continue on without the love and guidance I your new god am offering?" 

The crowd answers excitedly: "No, no!"

"This world is on the verge of collapse and God wont lift a finger to assist you in you dilemma; the time to crown me as Lord is nigh!" " I will save the world and bring all of you into the light. It will at last be a golden age where all men live in harmony."

Show the crowd again for about 7 seconds.. along with more of the mimic octopus footage juxtaposed over it.

"Take this oath of fealty with me now. Allow me to replace our distant and neglectful father."
" Do you accept me as your true god?"

The crowd again: "Yes!".

I'm not sure how I will word the oath exactly yet; but in this part he and the crowd take an oath wherein the congregation accepts Lucifer into their hearts.

" Repeat after me, and you will be forever blessed with my light." (pause)

"I hereby denounce the creator as my true god." (congregation repeats) "I accept the god of love and light, Lucifer as my true god." (congregation repeats)

During this moment you see two in the crowd quietly pointing  at something. The camera then focuses on the mirror behind the podium. In the reflection of the man who is wearing a black suit; who has raven black hair you see that it is a female figure wearing a white gown and having hair of blonde (almost opposites). Show some of the people's faces of consternation as they also notice the change in the reflection. The crowd starts to become mixed in their reactions because of this strange thing happening in the mirror. Yet the oath continues on.

Lucifer finishes the oath with the confused congregation and steps away from the podium. But the reflection just stays there facing away from the crowd. All you see is a delicate figure in a white dress in the mirror as Lucifer thanks the congregation and bows heralding the new golden era.

Now the people seem a little bit scared because of the ghostly figure still standing there.

Lucifer: "My mission has only just started now that my curse's power is fading thanks to your love and acceptance." I must be on my way, thank you all dearly.. I love you all."

The confused and quiet crowd is so surprised by the image in the mirror that Lucifer seems to slip out of sight without much notice.

The camera centers onto the white clad figure as soon as Lucifer walks out of sight. The figure just stands there for a delayed moment and then very slowly turns around. Revealing a truly frightening and demonic face and the people scream in terror. Screen fades to black.

END
  • Modding version: PSX

Ryqoshay

Let me tell you about the time I almost died...
Hurry down the chimney tonight.