• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:59:24 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Specific color palettes

Started by Xifanie, February 18, 2010, 10:29:22 am

mav

I'll see what I can do about the male Priest--expect an update within the next day or two. I'll also try getting a few more sprites done within the week (probably Wizards and female Thief).

mav

I dunno why I didn't just do this earlier--main yellow palette applied to the Priest. Looks good? Bad?

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

mav

Should I go ahead and revise all the [male] Priest palettes then? I'll just apply colors like those seen with the Knights' capes and give them secondary colors for the triangles. I thought the Priests looked better with lighter palettes, but that's just me.

jimmyjw88

Actually, I kinda prefer the lighter ones too. The current one is more to goldish look. Maybe just me.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Hmm, right now this is the best fix for the male Priest. Maybe I should just do this for the yellow palette then? It'll be the awesome "pure gold" palette that everyone wants to use...

mav

Leaving the male Priest aside for now...What do you guys think about the male Wizard?

Cheetah

The white one confused me for a second, but I suppose it makes sense and works. Once again the yellow looks odd, it must be the bane of your existence at this point. Perhaps make it a bit more gold?
Current Projects:

Xifanie

The Red is way too pink (the darker red is off too), and the yellow one is too beige. The others look really good.
Are you using the latest version of my palette editor? For improvements y'know.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

mav

Ah yeah, I should switch over to the latest version some time soon. The red sprite was from the original game, by the way, but I've always hated it--I'll give it more of crimson color instead. I'll see what I can do about the yellow and the white one too.

mav

Alright, how does this look:

Yellow's too bright now, isn't it? Do the red and white ones look any better?

Cheetah

Red is better and done, white looks the same but should be fine (he is a black mage after all, yellow is brighter but I think it is fine. I would consider this set done.
Current Projects:

mav

Good to hear, I'll start applying these tomorrow and get the female Wizard done too. My next goal is the female Thief--she'll be a little tricky, she has three pieces of clothing that could each be used to identify her (i.e. having a red bandanna and a green shirt may not look right on a mostly red team).

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

MiKeMiTchi

I did the Mediator palettes. :)
I plan to do the female mediator next.
Here Zodiac:

[attachment=1:2jgu8l87]mediatormale.bmp[/attachment:2jgu8l87]

Let's start contributing!

[attachment=0:2jgu8l87]mediatorarena.bmp[/attachment:2jgu8l87]
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

jimmyjw88

Looks good to me ^^
Good job.

Cheetah

The "black" color is a nice color, but it isn't very black. The "blue" is also not all that blue, but I like it so it could likely stay. A change of pants color for the white is really needed, the green is just too much. The yellow needs the most work, the yellow is too light and then with the black pants it really doesn't work. Minor adjustments overall though they look good.
Current Projects:

MiKeMiTchi

March 07, 2010, 02:41:53 am #57 Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 06:18:59 am by MiKeMiTchi
Working on it. Thanks for the advice.

edit: okay here's the update.
I won't show the preview anymore though. :P
I did change the yellow and white's pants here.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

jimmyjw88

Kagebunji

I will use those in FFT, I will have black, satanist team >:D

Great job guys
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown