• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:28:34 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

General Hacking & Help Section

Started by Orlandu, October 21, 2009, 12:11:22 am

Orlandu

October 21, 2009, 12:11:22 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
well, taking Vanya advice i posted here.

i think you(whoever has the authority to delete topic) should delete all of the question topics on the first page of FFT & GH and maybe WoTL & GH section so it won't mislead people (me for one)
not too long ago i posted a question a the general hacking section too. why? because i see most of the topics of that forum section are asking about hacking, so i thought question about hacking should be posted here... and finally i realized that i was misleaded by those topics..

The point is, rather than reply those posts with "Wrong section, you should post it on Help! section" maybe you should just purge the forum, all topic which is not-at-the-right place should be deleted, or moved if you feel like it.
I'm sure in the near future, a new FFH member would make the same mistake as mine, asking for some hacking thingy on the wrong section.

or maybe you could just change the section name from FFT & General Hacking into just FFT PSX, WoTL & GH into WoTL only, without the general hacking  :wink:

MiKeMiTchi

October 21, 2009, 12:33:02 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
For me, I think it's better to make a section rule that will be stickied. :)
Yeah, I agree that somehow, it's a bit misleading, but most people will be able to help members
in the HELP section. That's why it's called 'HELP'.

Moving it to the right forum would be better.

I think, it's still fine if members post questions in the General Hacking.
But, would everyone notice\ or have interest in a member's question in that section?
Therefore, it is advisable to post in the Help section.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Orlandu

October 21, 2009, 01:52:52 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
Quote from: "MiKeMiTchi"For me, I think it's better to make a section rule that will be stickied. :lol:

Quote from: "MiKeMiTchi"Moving it to the right forum would be better.

depends on the mod/admin, personally i think it'll be a pain in the ass for them to move every wrong-placed topics.

Quote from: "MiKeMiTchi"I think, it's still fine if members post questions in the General Hacking.
But, would everyone notice\ or have interest in a member's question in that section?
Therefore, it is advisable to post in the Help section.

then they'll make 2 topics of the same name, one at general hacking and another at help. And the main thing is, that topic'll add more messiness (is it even english?) to the General Hacking section.