• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:45:50 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

New challenger has arrived!!

Started by VincentCraven, November 11, 2007, 07:48:06 pm

Asmo X

December 15, 2007, 07:30:25 am #80 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
So presuming the sprite issue can be ironed out, what should these light cavalry units do anyway? Or has that already been decided?

VincentCraven

December 15, 2007, 08:24:43 am #81 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Nope, not decided yet. I was going to see if I could find the event where Delita mounts a Chocobo in the intro and insert that event into some of the story battles, but I haven't found it yet.

Feel free to give your ideas about the cavalry, if you have any. Oh, and when you say "light cavalry," what exactly do you mean? Do you mean just mounted units?
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Asmo X

December 15, 2007, 10:21:06 am #82 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Quote from: "VincentCraven"Nope, not decided yet. I was going to see if I could find the event where Delita mounts a Chocobo in the intro and insert that event into some of the story battles, but I haven't found it yet.

Feel free to give your ideas about the cavalry, if you have any. Oh, and when you say "light cavalry," what exactly do you mean? Do you mean just mounted units?

Yeah thats it. I just wanted to draw a distinction between chocobo-riding the normal way (i.e what we messed around with a while ago) and these units which will (presumably) only take up one space in the formation screen and have a minimum of skills being that they're monster class.

For the Samurai one, I was just thinking a couple of Sam skills (please pick Bizen Boat, it looks awesome!) and a couple of Choco skills. How about giving it Fly, 5 move and Meatbone Slash? Would anybody use this? Could we go further? It cant equip or change classes for cheap skill combos or anything so what it has, it's stuck with.

For the Knight, I dont think giving it break skills will be all that good, so I'm really not sure. It should have Def Up or something though.

Also, how do you want to use those extra skill slots? Do you want to try and make new skills from scratch or fill them with variations of existing moves? For instance, If you could make a Choco Attack that also breaks a few things at once that might be something good for the Knight cavalry.

VincentCraven

December 15, 2007, 03:10:13 pm #83 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Defense Up for mounted units sounds good, and I really don't know how strong the units would have to be to be useful. The only plans I had for the empty slots so far was for the Necromancer skills once I (or Zodiac) finds out how to change formulas. An attack that breaks more than one piece of equipment at a time sounds excessive, but then again these characters are limited in their usefulness since they are monsters.

karsten

December 17, 2007, 02:23:24 am #84 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
too many overpowered units are coming out....

make them move/jump advantage, equip shield,sword and spears and they'll already be broken.

Asmo X

December 17, 2007, 05:50:10 am #85 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Quote from: "karsten"too many overpowered units are coming out....

make them move/jump advantage, equip shield,sword and spears and they'll already be broken.

They arent going to equip anything, are they? They're monster class.

VincentCraven

February 03, 2008, 07:34:29 am #86 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I've found out how to make enemies mount chocobo, so we don't need the 'all in one' mounted units.

Hey Karsten: you said you were working on your own patch right? Which equips did you change into the 'Fury' equipment? Or did you just put in a Berserker class? Either way, I'm not sure whether I should make them all appear late or stagger them.

karsten

February 03, 2008, 08:13:30 am #87 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "VincentCraven"I've found out how to make enemies mount chocobo, so we don't need the 'all in one' mounted units.

Hey Karsten: you said you were working on your own patch right? Which equips did you change into the 'Fury' equipment? Or did you just put in a Berserker class? Either way, I'm not sure whether I should make them all appear late or stagger them.

i made berserker out of mime. gave him some inherent abilities too. also i made a red and blue mage. if you want we can share some ideas and maybe come out with a joint effort.

By the way, concerning mystic knight, is it possible to have a sword attack behave like a spell? i mean close to what beowulf and zalbag do. that way we might have a really easy to made new class, right?

VincentCraven

February 03, 2008, 08:34:06 am #88 Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:16:22 am by VincentCraven
Hmm.. perhaps I should make Berserker an 'invite only' character? Berserk units aren't immune to invite are they?
Beowulf's skills should work fine, except we still have two problems:
-I don't know how to make a skill have the 'slash' animation when making new skills (not a big problem, just looks wrong)
-I can't make a weapon-based formula with an element attached to it (which could be solved by a Draw Out type formula)

I'm liking the idea of 'joint effort'. Anything else drastic that you've done so far?

karsten

February 03, 2008, 09:04:10 am #89 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
i've been testing a lot with "new classes" so far to check how well they work. so far the test are GREAT! all the classes i made meld perfectly in and are not overpowered in any way

I've made necromancers on top of dancer/bard
req. lv black mage lv4

skills
life drain
spell adsorb
zombie
death
dark holy

also i've fused mediator/oracle, since many of their skill were redundant
2chemist/ 2 white mage

invitation
persuade
paralize
silence song
paralize
petrify
death sentence
insult
negotiate
mimic daravon

on top of oracle i've made a blue mage and this class is really funny to use!
choco esuna
choco cure
choco meteor
blow fire
gather power
thunder
aqua
ice
and wind souls
mimic titan
lick
magic spirit
goblin punch
odd soundwave

with such a skill set it's not overpowered in any way, choco meteor make more or less geomancy like damages, the many element can be exploited for a few extra damages, can add a tens of magic points, give reflect, take away good status from opponent. all of that without being to goo.

gather power is not overpowered since the class can use only maces, and knifes. no gauntlets too. inherent monster skill.

calculator -> red mage
geomancer like growth and equip
requires 4 black mage, 4 tima mage, 2 chemist
skills
fire,ice,bolt, cure 1-2
raise
haste

inherent short charge

mime->berserker
req 3 squire 3 knight 2 monk
innate attack up, any ground, berserk

this and some other few things so far i'm glad of how well the classes work. let me know your toughts!

karsten

VincentCraven

February 03, 2008, 09:32:40 am #90 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Necromancer: I'm trying to figure out a way to make a revival skill that will make dead units revive, but become undead without making alive units become undead. Haven't tested it, but I think I may run into problems there.

I'm not so sure about the fusion of mediator and oracle. I'm not too found of mediator myself though. Blue Mage skillset is okay. I may have given too much power to my Blue Mages by making each skill so unique.

Inherent short charge Red Mage w/ haste? I thought Regen or Poison would be more fitting. Short charge isn't overpowering it, is it? And I would say that Red Mage needs 4 white mage instead of time mage.

A berserker that can't equip anything sounds a bit disadvantaged, is it not?

karsten

February 03, 2008, 09:41:38 am #91 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "VincentCraven"Necromancer: I'm trying to figure out a way to make a revival skill that will make dead units revive, but become undead without making alive units become undead. Haven't tested it, but I think I may run into problems there.

I'm not so sure about the fusion of mediator and oracle. I'm not too found of mediator myself though. Blue Mage skillset is okay. I may have given too much power to my Blue Mages by making each skill so unique.

Inherent short charge Red Mage w/ haste? I thought Regen or Poison would be more fitting. Short charge isn't overpowering it, is it? And I would say that Red Mage needs 4 white mage instead of time mage.

A berserker that can't equip anything sounds a bit disadvantaged, is it not?

i think red mage had haste in FFV... also his spells are so weak that it's not a big deal to have short charge. also the MA multipliers are not so shiny.

for what concerns fusing mediator/oracle, i suggest you to give a try, it works great, and make the cpu more effective.

for what concerns necro, i was wondering, if you give the undeads immunity to cristal/chest, will they always respawn?

the berserker can be tuned to your wish with multiplyers since he can't equip nor put on any secondary

NeedsMoreNoise

March 18, 2008, 04:28:17 am #92 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Quote from: "karsten"i've been testing a lot with "new classes" so far to check how well they work. so far the test are GREAT! all the classes i made meld perfectly in and are not overpowered in any way

req. lv black mage lv4
2chemist/ 2 white mage
calculator -> red mage
mime->berserker

karsten

Hi, I'm a nib to these forums (but certainly not the game), and I just wanted to say your class changes are the best I've heard of, so far. I'm pretty computer-illiterate, myself, so the only things I can really contribute are ideas.

Here's one, though: Because of the posts about too many overpowered characters, would it be possible to create a simple event/change an event in which you could choose between two (or possibly more) of the previously mentioned characters?

karsten

March 18, 2008, 05:09:39 am #93 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "NeedsMoreNoise"
Quote from: "karsten"i've been testing a lot with "new classes" so far to check how well they work. so far the test are GREAT! all the classes i made meld perfectly in and are not overpowered in any way

req. lv black mage lv4
2chemist/ 2 white mage
calculator -> red mage
mime->berserker

karsten

Hi, I'm a nib to these forums (but certainly not the game), and I just wanted to say your class changes are the best I've heard of, so far. I'm pretty computer-illiterate, myself, so the only things I can really contribute are ideas.

Here's one, though: Because of the posts about too many overpowered characters, would it be possible to create a simple event/change an event in which you could choose between two (or possibly more) of the previously mentioned characters?

sadly, not yet. but maybe someday... ;)

huthutchuck

March 18, 2008, 03:32:57 pm #94 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by huthutchuck
Just a quick question Karsten, how is the AI for the berserker you made?  I've had units before that were berserk and made very stupid decisions, even for a berserk character.