• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:26:28 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

SOR - Small update Gets own Topic :P

Started by SentinalBlade, September 14, 2009, 12:39:04 am

SentinalBlade

September 14, 2009, 12:39:04 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
We dont really have an update topic, so i figured it'd be time to make one.

SoR isnt to active, partly because of me. I have been working on things revolving around SoR, but not SoR directly.

Skillset Bug: I have made great progress with this one. i have managed to fix it...somewhat. Basically, in exchange for squire, you can freely use geomancer, ninja, lancer, and samurai. Problem with the fix, i have to rearrange skillsets and abilities learned in real time. And for some reason ,it chooses...to...learn things in your skillset, that you have learned in that spot on squire(i.e., if you learned "hell wave", and its in the 3rd slot, you can use it if the squire has learned the spell in the 3rd slot) The way it works led me to alot of work arounds, and a few sleepless nights(i ended up getting to excited to sleep, you guys know how that is, right? :). Bad news is, whenever you put it into your iso, epsxe and pSX(both of them =o) crash when entering a battle. It does, however, work fine when implimented into the ram with the pSX debugger. I will release after i get it working, but its the ones like this that Razel helped me on, and he is long gone. No telling when that will be.

Portability: Some of the hacks that cause the PSX version to freeze on the psp make it...well, unplayable. Sometimes they are rather important hacks(the item on undead units hack, or the potions heal a % of life) other times they are just aesthetic. I recently ran into a CFW named 5.50 GENUR2. It is said to have much greater PSX compatibility, and after some testing, the ASM hacks mentioned in the () actually dont crash the game. This means that some of the hacks that make 1.3 unplayable on the psp PSX eboot, can work on the psp again. Unfortunately, 1.3 has better results using firmware 3.00 with popsloader.

Portability is a major part of my life, so this one is rather important to me. I cant really test SoR from the doctors office, so this one would help alot. any information on it would be appreciated.

Implimented some of the changes on the board.
Wrote the complete code for Rage(without the ability table though, so its a stack 10 rage per attack, isntead of variable for each ability)
Still need to properly find ways to implement it
Items have been messed with

DarthPaul

September 14, 2009, 09:43:14 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
This is very good to hear. Glad to see you haven't been shirking.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

SentinalBlade

September 14, 2009, 10:45:23 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Lol, I don't shirk :P)
FFT

College takes tuesday and thursday nights

My Love takes whatever time i can find a ride(No Car)

FFT Takes all the time im not doing schoolwork or being with my GF...thats roughly 87/168 hours of the week(i need sleep to you know :P

DarthPaul

September 14, 2009, 02:04:14 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Ah got a full plate don't you.

My plate just filled. I have to visit a mental doctor three times a week now. All of my shortcomings hit me last night full force and I had a mental breakdown. Of the "straitjacket needed variety". Didn't think anything bothered me. I guess it does.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die