• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:04:18 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

So this won't work?

Started by FlameChampion267, April 13, 2010, 11:55:57 am

FlameChampion267

Hi, I'm new to the hacking genre and have been reading through some posts which have concerned me. I have a PSP 1000 and a copy of FFT and I love the game to bits, but when I came across custom sprites of Zack and Aerith (FF7) I was thrilled. Now however I understand that I need a few more things such as a "Pandora Battery" and "Magic Memory Stick" but the real problem is the Custom Firmware, the way I here it, I can't get it if I updated my PSP with Dissidia FF.

Is this true, will it now be impossible to add Zack and Aerith to my PSP?

Vanya

Not sure. Haven't looked into it in a long time since my PSP died.
PSPISO.com should have plenty of info on the specifics of PSP modding.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Dominic NY18

If you can get your hands on a Pandora Battery and a Magic Memory Stick, it won't matter what firmware your PSP is currently on.

What firmware are you running at the moment though?

Vanya

You can probably get access to a Pandora Battery at your local GameStop or whatever video game store you can find. Just ask one of the guys that works there and chances are they'll have a pandora battery and will be cool enough to lend it to you for a few minutes. The magic memory stick can easily be made from any normal memory stick that is at least like 64 megs or so. You just need to get the right apps for your PC.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Oberon

You can get custom firmware on your psp without a pandoras battery. but ur psp has to be a certain version in order for it to work.

Wiegraf

I play Dissidia (5.50 Requirement) on my CFW M33 5.00 all the time if thats what you were asking. So, you can still play Dissidia.

If you are talking about being able to downgrade, dont worry. PSP Phats are hackable at any OFW last I heard at PSP Mod. I always do PSP Modding so feel free to ask me.
What troubled sleep have you known to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream must always fade into day...

-Wiegraf

FlameChampion267

I thank you all for the information I'll look into these matters immediatly