• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:24:38 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Adding special characters earlier in the game?

Started by Donkeyton, March 11, 2010, 03:12:36 pm

Donkeyton

Let's say I want to add someone like Mustadio into my party (using FFTPatcher and ENTD editing, not LionEditor) earlier than he normally appears. Can I just add him as a guest in one of the early story battles, then flag him to join at the end of the battle? Will he function normally in my party afterward? I assume he will, but clearly, I'll end up with a duplicate Mustadio once the normal one enters the party later on.

My question is: can I dismiss the normally occurring Mustadio when he later joins me, and if so, will my first Mustadio work as normal? Will he still set off the flags that I have Mustadio in my group, and thus, will I still encounter all the Mustadio-related events? Or will only the Mustadio who enters at the usual time work for those events?

Sorry if this is worded confusingly, but I hope you understand what I'm getting at. I want to add the specials earlier on, then dismiss any duplicates, but still retain the storyline and event benefits of having the specials.

Smitson

Can't be done. The game boots your dupe instead of the guest, leaving you with a useless unbootable guest.