• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:08:21 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT Arena Season One Discussion Thread

Started by Eternal248, April 29, 2012, 04:20:29 am

The Damned

(Seriously, this is the last thing I'm responding to tonight.)

Yes, I suppose using spoilers for this is best.

1. I don't recall saying that I didn't enjoy the other matches. Just that I've enjoyed the LightningHax vs. Kihaku_FTW's match the most so far. Yes, I'll admit that I find OHKOs boring after a while, but I'm rather used to the fact they still happen rather easily in ARENA as they did in vanilla FFT. Seeing some of the lesser used abilities and weapons put to interesting use by still-competent teams is a lot more interesting than more foregone conclusions IMO.

2. I'm not sure what you're getting at with Ninjutsu. I just said that I thought the damage seemed a lot higher than I expected given the amount of Faith the targets had. I haven't done any of the calculations though--I rarely do--and as such, it must make "sense" on some level. Regardless, as always I'm still a lot more bothered by the -tons still being unavoidable than by the amount of damage they do even at their range, instant speed and minimal MP cost. So, yeah. Sorry if I was unclear about that, but I think we're focusing on different aspects of Ninjutsu, especially when I never brought up the fairy tale of "fairness".

3. I don't have a problem with Chakra being back to AoE. I can see why that was changed back, even if it does slightly irk me. Still not a problem to me overall, though. However, Stigma magic being back to AoE just bugs me because of the sheer amount of things it cures and the fact that it hits the Monk using it at instant speed and that it's basically 100% successful. If most people ultimately want it that way, then so be it. I don't plan on harping on it, but don't expect me to like it or agree with it.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

FFMaster

No idea why there are 2 threads. Closing this one and unstickying. Go to the other thread.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢