• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:25:52 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

WotL Slowdown Removal Patch

Started by endrift, February 22, 2012, 02:21:59 pm

Eternal

If you've tried everything and are still having issues getting it to run, try this PPF I made. Just patch the ISO and you should be good to go. It can be found here.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Octopus

Hey, Archaemic, is it possible to patch iOS version? It is PSP port of WotL and has the same slowdown.

Kirä

Magnificient job Archaemic!

It would be possible to make the patch compatible with the PAL version of the game? I have specifically that one to apply the Spanish translation, which is only available for the PAL version.

Thanks people. :D
Onions.

Eternal

Try using the PPF version. No guarantees it'll work (and it probably won't), but it's worth a try. Be sure to keep a clean backup just in case.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kirä

I have already tried it but doesn't work. I guess that would require a specific patch made for the PAL version to work. Hopefully Archaemic or someone else could do it... :roll:  :oops:
Onions.

theultrawolf

Quote from: Kirä on September 30, 2012, 12:46:35 am
I have already tried it but doesn't work. I guess that would require a specific patch made for the PAL version to work. Hopefully Archaemic or someone else could do it... :roll:  :oops:
I use a European ISO version of the game for patching/editing/testing as opposed to my UMD vanilla version and it works perfectly on mine. I think it has alot to do with your firmware. The PPF easypatch version didn't work for me, but the .prx version does. When you put it on your PSP, you have to make sure it's activated first in your plugins section of the recovery menu, if you are trying to use it (the prx version)

B.K.

I just thought everyone might be interested to know that the patch works with the game on the Vita if you're using 6.60 TN-B.

vange

Hey B.K. -

Could you tell me where to put the /livepatch/ folder to get it to work on the Vita?  I have 6.60 TN-B and can't seem to get the patch to take hold.

Currently, I have the /livepatch/ folder in the root directory along with /ISO/

B.K.

Quote from: vange on October 10, 2012, 05:07:26 pm
Hey B.K. -

Could you tell me where to put the /livepatch/ folder to get it to work on the Vita?  I have 6.60 TN-B and can't seem to get the patch to take hold.

Currently, I have the /livepatch/ folder in the root directory along with /ISO/

I put the livepatch folder in the root of the memory card. I made a SEPLUGINS folder, too. Then, make a GAME.txt file and put in the text:

ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1

Put the GAME.txt in the SEPLUGINS folder and the folder that has the save file and exploit for whatever version of the exploit you're using. I don't know if it's necessary to have GAME.txt in both folders. I've read conflicting suggestions, but that's what is working for me.

vange

You are AWESOME B.K.!

On a separate note, I've been trying to get FFT:WOTL 1.3 Patch to work with the Vita but it keeps going to a black screen...I wonder if it's a problem with the specific ISO....

Thanks again for your help with the patch!

B.K.

It may be your ISO. You may need to rip it again. I was trying the patch on a converted CSO of the game. I don't have any ISO of it saved anywhere.

garudo86

October 30, 2012, 04:04:35 pm #171 Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 10:28:00 am by garudo86
Created account just to express my thanks.

Worked like a charm after seeing blood sword right off.

Running CFW 6.6ME and cso image.

greatphumbaba

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING patch ! you did a phenominal job on this and deserve much respect :D.

Fanfare

I also only registered just to thank you guys for your hard work. It's working perfectly. Keep up with the awesomeness!

CFW 6.6ME and iso image. (I have the original game, but I like it to stay inside its box :P )

Larkas

I came back to the forums just to thank Archaemic and anyone else that might have helped him make this! It is HUGE! I always loved FFT, and I've always cherished my copy of WorL, but the slowdown really got to my nerves - really, sometimes I just couldn't keep playing because all the animations would make me sleepy! This will make the game fresh again!

Wambulance

I just registered to say thanks for the fix guys!  I've used Eternal mark 3 patch on a EU iso and it worked well.

PSP 3001 with CFW 6.6ME

Waiting on a US fix now.

Tidus

December 10, 2012, 03:30:13 pm #176 Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 03:38:16 pm by Tidus
First of all i want to thank everyone and anyone who took part in making this patch! I still can't figure out why the game developers would never update it.  Feels like good old fft again!

*My question: I don't know if its just me, but it seems like the animations actually run faster than they did on ps1.  In a way i actually like it faster though.  Is it supossed to do this or is it just me?

Some tips for anyone having problems getting the patch to work...
I had a lot of problems getting the patch to work, this is how i eventually got it to work

1. Rename the LivePatch 0.1.3 folder to livepatch
2. Make sure you place the fftpsp folder (Do not rename the folder) with the patches you want, inside the livepatch folder
3. Place the livepatch folder on root of memory stick
4. go to root of memory stick -> livepatch -> livepatch -> cut livepatch.prx and paste into the main livepatch folder, then delete the sub livepatch folder.  So when you are done, if you open livepatch from the root you should see 3 texts, livepatch.prx, the src folder, and the fftpsp folder.  And thats all you should see (unless you have other patch folders from other stuff)
5. Go to root and see if you have an seplugins folder, if not, make one
6. Go into seplugins and make a new text document called GAME (do NOT add .txt to the end)
7. Edit the GAME document (it should be blank) add this line ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1
8. save the document
9. Remove the memory stick from comp/exit USB mode
10. Insert memory stick into psp, if not already inserted
11. Turn on psp and make sure your in "custom firmware mode" (you probably know what i mean, if your running temporary cfw)
12. Find a way to get into the Recovery Menu (you can do this by clicking select if your on pro b10, then clicking recovery menu)
13. Go to plugins and click X
14. Look for livepatch.prx [GAME]    (the [GAME] may look different if you didnt name the text document in seplugins the same way as shown in step 6)
15. If you don't see livepatch.prx we got problems... If you do see it look to the right.  If it says enabled all is good.  If it says disabled click X to set it to enabled.
16. Cancel out to the psp menu and try running the game on either UMD or ISO.

If your slowdown still occurs you can try making a copy of livepatch.prx and placing it in the seplugins folder also.
If all else fails and you really want to get rid of the slowdown on a UMD, i can email you copies of my folders, which work.

emccalment

This patch was ridiculously easy to install and works like a charm. I would like to say thank you for making this game playable for me. I haven't tried the unstretch portion yet, but the lack of slowdown is phenomenal. Thank you.

Skyblade

Quote from: B.K. on October 10, 2012, 08:19:33 pm
I put the livepatch folder in the root of the memory card. I made a SEPLUGINS folder, too. Then, make a GAME.txt file and put in the text:

ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1

Put the GAME.txt in the SEPLUGINS folder and the folder that has the save file and exploit for whatever version of the exploit you're using. I don't know if it's necessary to have GAME.txt in both folders. I've read conflicting suggestions, but that's what is working for me.

Do you need custom firmware for the Vita to do this?  I haven't found a way to transfer files directly, and I've found the built in Content Manager to be extremely restrictive.  If this can be done with base software, could you please give me some more detail on how?  Thanks. :)

Goobaman

Does anyone suppose there would be a way to combine the hardtype 1.3 patch and the slowdown fix? I've tried once or twice to no avail, but my knowledge on the matter is limited.