• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:39:53 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Shintroy

December 16, 2014, 10:20:18 am #3700 Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:16:43 am by Shintroy
Physical Damage vs Disruption(?)
Was hoping, at the very least, this team was updated since I fought this team in an exciting match with Powers Combined. Mostly because thst summoner needs to be reworked very urgently. I bet on XI because of this.

Round 1 - Messed up. OHKO'd the squire. Archer never got revived due to don't act. Just overwhelmed due to the map.

Round 2 - Large map. Plenty of battle songs. Attack UP, Berserk, Two Hands reaching 500. Holy procs were ridiculous here.

Not really any need to go into commenting. Reks did say he was going to update his team afterall. Sucks to play it again before it got updated. GG

I got talk skill / paladin from DomieV definitely. It just suited the PLD/Warrior  combo in FFXI too much. Provoke = Insult, and Blackmail for interruption like Shield Bash. Time Mage is pretty standard. Didn't know he had a cursed ring time mage. The archer is just Smite's with 70/70.

Now I want to try Reks and CT5 Holy's healing staff / holy combo on a time mage. Doubt ill ever get around to it. I don't like missing out on instant charm removal having a healing staff.Sooner or later though.

Samurai vs MA and Spellbreaker
Bet on the mime team since. I wanted to see. Some Spellbreaker mimicry, and the samurai team already having a bad record in recent fights.

Round 1 - Went as expected on this Map. Superior AOE and range seperated. Not much else to say really. Make me think there should be heavy b9dy armor with move ad jump +1. Chain Mail graphic could work. The name could too since we're going for light weight armor. It would need to have low hp though like genji.

Round 2 - Samurai got sent to another dimension lmao. The stop backfire is what did  Reinoe in. Almost recovered, but the versatile samurai made sure thst didn't happen.

Round 3 - Opens up as a 2v2 on what looks lime the most unfair map in arena due to the position Reinoe starts in, and the sleep/stop status effects. Could've gone either way, but thst mime had her bow and arm aim. It was over once the bard got revived. Charm and OHKO is a deadly combo.

GG. I haven't tried a single job team yet. I'll think about making one.

Females vs Fire and Ice
I wanted to bet on silentkaster's team until I saw the Geomancer with Two Hands.  She has PA Save and Green Beret to make up for not being male since Male has 4 move while females have 3.

Round 1 - Going well for my pockets. Stop + Geomancer doing work, but she can't OHKO as easily as a male without taking hits.. which she can't take. Luckily there's lore all target spells for that. Man She almost got off a 570 average attack which could max in thehigh  800s no crit but the squires have shields, defend, and sword w-ev. Silentkaster makes a beautiful comeback and takes it from under Otabo.

Round 2 - Same deal here actually. The teams split up 2v2 on different sides of the map. The squires come out on top ofbthe mediator and summoner, while the geomancer and paladin come out winning theirs. Decent evasion squires make quick work of the geomancer, no revival on Otabo's paladin and its GG from there.

Good stuff. Wanted to see a 999 so bad. My geomancer on Barrows got the closest in 139 so far without a crit. Dragon spirit just too good to pass up on berserk units. GG. I actually want to see my power rangers team against a team with hidden knife or concentrate. I like seeing high evasion being useless against ignore evasion units.

Thanks for these Barren. It's been a good week for Arena matches. Hope you did great on your finals bro.
Some day my people will be free.

reinoe

I realize that my issue is that % skills just won't work for me.  Talk Skill, break techniques, charm, etc; they'll never work for me.  I'll make necessary adjustments.
My dreams can come true!

Reks

Quote from: Shintroy on December 16, 2014, 10:20:18 am
Females vs Fire and Ice
I wanted to bet on silentkaster's team until I saw the Geomancer with Two Hands.  She has PA Save and Green Beret to make up for not being male since Male has 4 move while females have 3.

Round 1 - Going well for my pockets. Stop + Geomancer doing work, but she can't OHKO as easily as a male without taking hits.. which she can't take. Luckily there's lore all target spells for that. Man She almost got off a 570 average attack which could max in thehigh  800s no crit but the squires have shields, defend, and sword w-ev. Silentkaster makes a beautiful comeback and takes it from under Otabo.

Round 2 - Same deal here actually. The teams split up 2v2 on different sides of the map. The squires come out on top ofbthe mediator and summoner, while the geomancer and paladin come out winning theirs. Decent evasion squires make quick work of the geomancer, no revival on Otabo's paladin and its GG from there.

Good stuff. Wanted to see a 999 so bad. My geomancer on Barrows got the closest in 139 so far without a crit. Dragon spirit just too good to pass up on berserk units. GG. I actually want to see my power rangers team against a team with hidden knife or concentrate. I like seeing high evasion being useless against ignore evasion units.

Thanks for these Barren. It's been a good week for Arena matches. Hope you did great on your finals bro.

Closest to 999 on a recorded match, that is.

I gave CT5 one of my teams. When faced against itself, despite the damage being slightly random, they casually hit for 999.

Just wait and see, I think he REALLY wanted to see that :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

The Damned

(Thanks for yet more videos Barren. Belated thanks to TrueLight and CT5Holy as well.)

Geez, I get caught up for a few days not even doing actual work and I'm already behind on commenting on a bunch of videos. I pretty much watched TrueLight's marathon video right after it was posted in its entirety since it's not like I sleep at night and, for the most part, I agree with Shintroy's commentary. So I'm not going to comment on that right now save for correcting him that he confused my team for Andante49's and vice versa. I'll probably have to change Martial Arts on the Mime since it just seems generally not work it on current Mimes. I should probably just switch to Talk Skill or...something.

Similarly, I'll forego commenting on the matches that CT5Holy posted because his commentary for both of them basically encapsulated my usual frustrations with the A.I. that were all too apparent in both those matches. That screwed-up Reflect thing was really weird, though it gave me a team idea I've been meaning to do anyway; sadly, the panel targeting is rather typical and especially frustrating in cases where the A.I. should target the panel so the spell can't be redirected at them.

So I'll just comment on Barren's videos for now.

Hmmm...I'm not really sure what to say here that isn't going to sound like kvetching about the maps chosen, especially since they were such a huge detriment to Reks both time. As such, I'll just opt for saying nothing save for the fact that I've found using Zalbag's map to fight on makes for confusing ARENA matches if there are similar units in play and that it's nice to see other people using a Berserker Stone Guns. I'm tempted to bring back my Xigbar team given that was one of my few decent ones and given that Berserk A.I. seems at least slightly smarter than it usually is for some reason I can't pinpoint.

It would seem that reinoe just can't catch a break, though for the most part, at least he didn't screw himself over at this time on top of just having bad luck. Speaking of bad luck, though, the beautiful Mimicked Stop backfire in the second round is exactly why I think it's pretty essential to make sure you can defend against any negative status that your Mimes can potentially Mimic. Oh well. Andante49 ultimately still won anyway, partly because the orrery in the third round helped him more than it did reinoe.

If nothing else, then this match confirms that Mimes can indeed lose their weapons when physical weapon-based abilities like Spellbreaker that aren't normal attacks active. I'll go edit that into the Mime thing before I forget.

It's nice to see a dual absorb team. This is one of those rare times I was actually rooting for a team, especially since I'm already tired of seeing the newly over-improved Stop and I've long since been tired of AoE Mimic Daravon. That said, Futuristic Frannies is still a pretty solid team that's generally good at recovering, which is why I'm a bit surprised that both the Mediator and Thief went down simultaneously in the second round. Then again, that's the A.I. being stupidly blind about AoE, even if it's already "seen" it.

silentkaster's team seems pretty solid, but it also seems like gets screwed over rather hard by Oil despite neither Squire having Grand Cross. Fortunately, his Wizard never used Fire to heal her own team.

Among his other comments in his two recent videos, CT5Holy's comment about supposedly being bad at math made me think about why I find the current state of Sleep status so detestable even though the CT of 60 is literally the vanilla CT. After thinking about it for a while, I came to the horrible realization: getting by hit Sleep is often literally worse than a unit dying because it only takes 52 CT for even the generally naturally slowest, i.e. 8 Speed, to get/miss four of its turns and either Crystallize or potentially get back up with Cursed Ring. Meanwhile, 60 CT is that and some change, pretty much every team has revival while not every team can cure Sleep (easily) and the computer's pretty capricious about healing Sleep and kind of dumb about healing it to given whole "Jump on sleeping allies" routine that's built into the A.I. for some weird reason.

I know this is another Balance thread issue, but I don't want to double-post in there just yet if I can actually avoid it. So I'll just say that the fact that Sleep status is essentially Dead Status 2: You're Screwed Boogaloo really should change even if Mimic Daravon stays AoE for some reason. (Similarly, Spellbreaker really should be able to be evaded and probably cost more MP, but that's a separate issue.)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Shintroy

December 17, 2014, 03:33:00 pm #3705 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 07:57:43 pm by Shintroy
Status vs Unorthodoxed Team
I'm a fan of this team even more after playing GGrimore, but its against my team so I bet against it this match. Was hoping to see the return of Shara before seeing this team again too.

Round 1 - Brings back memories of my first trip to the omega ruins in FFX. I didn't save an hour into the dungeon and rage quit the game for a good week after running into a first attack molboro.

Round 2 - Steal Heart from the very begining of the match screwed me over royally here. Too bad I can't make my units also immune to their own status like real molboros, because I could've used the immunities here. Can really appreciate seeing The Damned's team in action too. There's so much synergy going on which makes me wonder how the team would be when he puts in Shara and removes Ritz's bow.
Round 3 - Sleep is a bit OP when you look at Oracle's. High faith units tend to not have any way to avoid ebijg slept since defense ring is the 3rd most popular way to avoid being silenced behind Lords and M Ring. Could probably shave off 10 CT from Sleep and lower Oracle's % by 5-10 % since its affected by faith. Oracle's sleep is also 150 JP which is incredibly low.

Overall GG. 2 minute rounds seems appropriate from a team based off molboro encounters. I forgot to update this team after seeing my time mage in MyMe run out of MP so fast. I'll update that soon.

For Oracle having 3 roles is mostly to counter monk and armored units. Plus from what I've seen with smite, Oracle tends to go for sleep or paralyze over most actions. Petrify out prioritizes most of its status effects if they have the CT for it. I didn't have to sorry about that though since I have attack up. I counted on spellbreaker working similarly to Zombie, in which the AI would only opt to use it if sleep and don't act is active on the unit already. I think stop was enough to make the oracle use Spellbreaker thst one time in round 1 though because the unit didn't have don't act at that time. Either that or it was for a kill. I think she's good as is for now though.

Experimental team vs Anti Sandbag

I bet on Truelight taking this one because of his Ninja units possibly canceling out Holy's Monk and Ninja due to having more speed than the monk, and more options than the ninja.

Round 1 - Evenly matched surprisingly. The Lancer really held the team together until the very end. Cure 1 would've helped him survive that poison, but I don't know how AI prioritizes wall enough to recommend it. Really lucky win for Holy too. Any other unit would've killed hat scholar.

Round 2 - I agree with  Barren on the earth clothes for the scholar, but then she wouldn't have silence immunity without having to lose her cursed ring. I'd recommend Bio 3 since it adds undead and is dark elemental and wouldn't be chosen over holy or quake most likely. Aside from that. The round went as expected.

----update
Round 3 - Went similarly to round one. Evenly matched then Truelight had a solid lead when downing the ninja and forcing the scholar to retreat. For some reason however, his priest chose to seperate from the group and died via holy. From there it was strong anti sandbag and speed vs phoenix down revival. Sucks to see that kind of ending, but it happens.

GG. Scholar too strong and when paired with fast units that misdirect she's able to freely attack from the rear. I think battle song on of the ninja or monk could help TrueLight's team. That or some AOE Status replacing a ninja. Anything with ange to avoid your 3 melee units bunching up getting stuck in a revival/sandbag loop.

Left you a comment about your sinuses. If its allergies buy some local honey and take 1-2 tablespoons a day. It'll get rid of all allergy related ailments within a week.

The honey HAS to be local. Hope you give it a shot. Told my father about it because he had a bad sinus infection for a while. He hated honey and didn't do it at first, but after a while he tried it and got back to normal or better. Anyway GL and thanks for the vids as always Barren.

I think Bad Breath is pretty good as is besides a few minor things. Thinking of making an entire time using items and ability rarely or never used  like the ultima weapon. Later though. I have enough teams as is.

Had time to think about sleep the status on the bus too. I agree with it last too long, but not on nerfing the accuracy and MP cost. It's going afk on what I said earlier because there's tons of ways to remove or completely avoid being slept to not need to nerf it outside CT and JP on Oracle.

Squire, Chemist, and Mediator can remove sleep.
Bag users, Balance, and other low damage attacks remove sleep and charm. I actually use H Bag over healing staff on some of my units almost for sleep and charm removal exclusively.
Defense Ring cancels Sleep, Silence, and Berserk for casters, melee units have accessories for anti sleep, and there's armor to avoid sleep. 

What happened to Confuse and the purple pallette for teams?

silentkaster

Thanks CT5Holy and Barren for the videos!

No worries about the length of time it took CT5...life always comes first. I'd do the match myself if I wasn't back to my ancient laptop...speaking of which, maybe I should take my new one in today to be looked at...anyway...back to the match itself. Really Terrible Team is named such for its reliance on DS and Charm. A few back up skills help, but, if the enemy has something that makes it immune to Dead and Charm, then my team has to resort to bag whacks and weak slashes from the Paladin. Still, a decent attempt I suppose at a defensive team. I basically won here though because the Time Mage ran out of MP in Round 1 and Round 3, particularly Round 3. GG.

Usually, Otabo's Status teams eat Elemental Absorb teams alive since Elemental Absorb teams have to rely on their gear to absorb elements and not necessarily protect against status. Anyway, I was pretty fortunate for Otabo to roll low on the axe shots in both rounds against the Squire and Wizard respectively. I was able to come back in Round 1 due to the Counter Magic stopping the Paladin, and to a lesser extent, the same story in Round 2. GG.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

The Damned

(Thanks for the videos, Barren. Seriously, though, try not to lose your voice.)

That said, I'm not...really sure how you managed to use the almost-a-month-old version of the "Eternal's Champions" team that frankly sucks, which is why I gave it such a drastic overhaul in the first place, but it was interesting to see how (poorly) it performed even before my horrendous luck and Stop becoming over-buffed in the transition to 1.39 came into play.

I'd be interesting seeing a rematch with the properly updated team and any updates that Shintroy wants to make, but I'm not going to demand it or anything given all the other teams that could be getting videos and given that I'm still unable to record video. Hell, at this point, I probably won't even have Internet for much longer.

For the record, I instantly knew it was outdated version because the newest version has/had Shara instead of Mewt:

Palettes: Primary - #1 Blue; Alternate - #3 Green
Last Revision: November 23, 2014

================================

(Hume) Montblanc
Male
Serpentarius
Thief
Yin-Yang Magic
Dragon Spirit
Concentrate
Move +1
Spell Edge

Flash Hat
Brigadine
Rubber Shoes

Steal Heart, Steal Accessory, Mind Ruin
Blind, Spell Absorb, Life Drain

Marche Radiuju
Male
Serpentarius
Squire
White Magic
Regenerator
Concentrate
Move-MP Up
Necromonicon
Aegis Shield
Holy Miter
White Robe
Genji Gauntlet

Alacrity/Focus, Throw Stone
Cure, Cure 2, Cure 4, Raise 2, Esuna

===============================

Ritz Malheur
Female
Serpentarius
Squire
Black Magic
Absorb MP
Magic Attack UP
Move-MP Up
Wizard Rod
Aegis Shield
Holy Miter
Black Robe
Defense Ring

Alacrity/Focus, Throw Stone, Wish
Fire, Nether Fire, Bolt, Nether Bolt, Ice, Nether Ice, Water

(Hume) Shara
Female
Serpentarius
Archer
Item
Auto Potion
Throw Item
Move +1
Long Bow

Flash Hat
Brigandine
Rubber Shoes

Seal Evil, Hawk's Eye, Execute
X-Potion, Ether, Antidote, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Phoenix Down

Even there, though, I still need(ed) to get rid of Spell Edge for various reasons.

Eternal's Champions)]I'm honestly surprised that I even managed to take a round what hideous damage and set-ups the older/original version of this team had. There's reason that Mewt got kicked off the team and everyone else got a complete overhaul.

Still, I'm not even mad given I'd rather it be the shitty version of got curb-stomped by Stop than the actually good version. And, hey, they at least got to do some relatively effective things compared to the Samurai team. It's rather fitting that this is basically the only time that Steal Heart ever actually works for me.

Ugh. Holy damage aside, it was rather painful to see CT5Holy get relatively screwed over by the Scholar coming back from critical and then tending to not really do much because of the A.I.'s Critical cowardice. This especially since I agree with the idea of using Earth Clothes over Wizard Robe, even if it will slightly weaken Holy's damage of course. The new Chirjiraden katana and its only initial Berserk also still bug me, but whatever, it seems to be working for the people who are using it and don't mind their units dying or who can actually make use of HP Restore a.k.a. that Reaction that hates me.

Beyond that, it was nice to see three maps in a row where Ninja's innate Walk on Water actually meant something for once. Not much else to say beyond that.

I already tire of the new Stop spell to the point that the two newest teams I'm working have at least half of the team Immune: Stop.

Quote from: Shintroy on December 17, 2014, 03:33:00 pm
Had time to think about sleep the status on the bus too. I agree with it last too long, but not on nerfing the accuracy and MP cost. *snip*

Huh? I personally didn't say anything about this, so I'm sure someone else did, but for the record, I don't want Sleep the spell nerfed. Hell, I was one of the people complaining the fact that Paralyze and Mimic Daravon made it useless and thus asked it to be buff. I'm fine with Sleep the spell's buffs--unlike the recent ones to Stop the spell. It's Sleep status's CT that needs to be drastically shortened even though a lot of things potentially cancel it.

As far as Sleep-adding abilities or weapons go, the only one I want still weakened is Mimic Daravon and that's because it's instant speed, has no MP cost and can't be evaded by anything other than Finger Guard, making it an exercise inevitability with a current overpowered status. In my eyes, it really needs to be single-target only.

Quote from: Shintroy on December 17, 2014, 03:33:00 pm
What happened to Confuse and the purple pallette for teams?

I can't remember if Confuse was ever even in Arena. I think it was in the very early versions, but pretty much everyone was glad to see it go just because it makes the A.I. not target that unit unless it can generally do damage equal to or greater than  50% of the Confused unit's HP. So it's essentially like Death Sentence with regards to the A.I...except that it never runs out. Yeah....

As for the purple, the palette itself is fine, but apparently the crystal a purple palette unit leaves behind isn't colored properly or...something and thus if any unit grabs, there's a chance that it will crash the game. This still hasn't been fixed even though been an issue for years, though it's so low priority that that's to be expected I guess. I think the yellow pallette has or at had the same potential issue, but if it still does, then it tends to happen way less, not that the purple palette crystal was crashing games every since time.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Barren

Sorry about that damned, I forgot to check, I'll post another match with that team in the near fututre
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Shintroy

December 18, 2014, 03:20:40 pm #3709 Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:00:15 pm by Shintroy
Can a berserk mime mimic?
If you're using fists and you're using an ability with a PA x WP formula does the damage equal zero? Wondering what would happen if a barefisted mime had kagesougi.
----
Ah I thought The formula would change to PAx9 since that's the fist formula. Weapon break sounds crippling though. I don't think I'm underhanded enough to make a good weapon break team though. I'll stick to abusing stop and sleep.

Guess I'll just try for a straight martial arts Mime. Was going to use Two Swords on an undead mime with kagesougi and the dark ton, but I don't think the AI would use kagesougi if it does 0 damage.
Thinking about either making a PA SP boosting Mime eam or dropping the bard I in my current mime boosting team for a monk with battle song. There was one weapon break team with all ninjas though. I wonder how that team ever got updated.

Might just go through with making a single class team instead. Don't want to end up only having mime teams. Getting a little out of hand as is.

reinoe

Quote from: Shintroy on December 18, 2014, 03:20:40 pm
Can a berserk mime mimic?
If you're using fists and you're using an ability with a PA x WP formula does the damage equal zero? Wondering what would happen if a barefisted mime had kagesougi.

Yeah, any ability that has "WP" in the formula will deal 0 damage.  That's why it's awful if you have Hawk's Eye and someone breaks the weapon (it'll still inflict poison and oil though).
My dreams can come true!

Shintroy

Theme vs OHKO
Bet on OHKO because I always forget about faith rod.

Round 1 - 72% Death. 84% Frog. Last song hitting half my units. Slow 2 to top it all off. I didn't  deserve this lol.

Round 2 - Same thing plus petrify and Decapitate.

GG silentkaster. Sick team you got there silentkaster. I don't think half of my teams could take it. Not even Smite. I'm no good at making themed teams.

The Damned

(Theme teams are inherently difficult to build because you're likely limiting your options from the get-go.)

Not that it's a huge deal or that I've yet to play that game still unfortunately, but shouldn't that team be named "FFIV v2"?

Regardless, thanks, TrueLight.

There's not really much to say about this match given how short it is except that it's nice to see more people using Faith Rod, Death and, finally, Frog. I find it a bit funny that Edward ended up being the most dangerous person on Shintroy's team, but that's all I can really say about things.

I must admit that I do feel rather guilty for "inspiring" Rosa's design since I don't think the "mage with Silver Bow" thing is going to work, at least on a Priest. Shrug.

Quote from: Barren on December 18, 2014, 11:24:09 am
Sorry about that damned, I forgot to check, I'll post another match with that team in the near fututre [sic]

Meh. It's mostly fine. I just find it a bit odd it happened given how long ago that team got changed.

Still, I meant what I said both when I said thanks and when I said not to strain your voice. So I can wait on that, especially since I probably won't be re-posting my teams until later on today anyway.

Thanks, though.

Shintroy

December 20, 2014, 03:12:08 am #3715 Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:17:27 am by Shintroy
Speed, Crippling, and OHKO vs Experimental Units
A fan of Wake Up Dead. Put it all on Barren here since his team is a much more competitive team.

Round 1 - Not much to say here really. Speed did not come into play here at all. Scholar got tanked then wrecked surprisingly. That monk HURTS!

Round 2 - A little better this round for Holy. Actually took out one or two of Barren's units. Barren's comeback ability was just too strong for any of that to matter. Asura got shrugged off. Lancer AI  making bad calls with wall instead of raising since the AI will buff if they have no healing option.

Really bad match up overall. Good to see wake up dead again. I'd like to see it evenly matched though. I don't think it fought a formidable team yet. Another time though. It's good that Holy got to see how his units operate in unfavorable conditions and for that reason it was a GG.

MA Mime team vs Melee SP boosting mime team.
Bet on MA. I didn't think the melee units would reach Dokurider's team on half of the large maps.

Round 1 - Starts off as expected. The teams collide when Reinoe's team is already battered down to half health. Things got too ugly from then on.

Round 2 - A better map for Reinoe. Still didn't get any thing out if cheer song here though sadly. I don't remember whether or not Reinoe got to attack this round. All I remember is his team stuck on defense.

GG it was a classic match up of mage vs warrior and I can always appreciate those. Too bad there probably will never be a range based mime team. I'd like to see thst vs a mage or pa mime team.

Good stuff Truelight. Digging the short videos for some reason and it looks like you fixed the occasional slow down problem in your videos.
-----
Lol this is the second time I mixed up a team. My bad though. No idea how it happens.

reinoe

Quote from: Shintroy on December 20, 2014, 03:12:08 am

MA Mime team vs Melee SP boosting mime team.
Bet on MA. I didn't think the melee units would reach Dokurider's team on half of the large maps.

Round 1 - Starts off as expected. The teams collide when Reinoe's team is already battered down to half health. Things got too ugly from then on.

Round 2 - A better map for Reinoe. Still didn't get any thing out if cheer song here though sadly. I don't remember whether or not Reinoe got to attack this round. All I remember is his team stuck on defense.

GG it was a classic match up of mage vs warrior and I can always appreciate those. Too bad there probably will never be a range based mime team. I'd like to see thst vs a mage or pa mime team.

You got the players mixed up.  I was the mage team and Doku had the Cheer song team.  Probably got it mixed up because I've been losing so consistently.  :lol:

My dreams can come true!

The Damned

Ugh. I need to get my teams back up by tonight.

Anyway, belated thanks, TrueLight.

I find it rather...amusing that Barren's team was the one putting up a parade of big numbers, even if it was mostly due to the horrific damaging his Monk's Earth Slash was easily putting out. Damage like that is part of the reason I was telling silentkaster I don't think Earth got nerfed all that greatly in the change to 1.39. As it is, CT5Holy's team only got to put vaguely comparable damage the few times his Scholar got off a Holy.

It's a shame that the Lancer wasn't able to really get off any of his really fast if not necessarily too damaging Jumps. Oddly, he might be "too" fast on top of also being the main reviver given how easily the Scholar can go down, so he was often stuck using Raise to revive or (not that intelligently) using Wall. Too bad neither of those actions could keep up with Earth Slash, especially since the A.I. is so horribly blind to any type of AoE, including linear AoE.

...And speaking of the AoE-blindness issue, this was rather...painful to watch in that regard, particularly the second round. It's like someone always gets slaughtered at the entrance to Muround, though I suppose that's somewhat appropriate.

It doesn't help that it was pretty obvious that Dokurider was going to lose this one from the get-go given that it's bad match-up. His team rather desperately needs time to set-up and has basically no M-EV. Between that, Mimic wide-map Lores which I still don't think should be a think anyway and Quake still being overpowered in its speed relative to its strength, damn right he was going to lose. Constantly missing -tons that were only doing middling damage as well didn't help.

As it is, I'm surprised his team held out as long as it did, though the Mime absorbing Dark and the Paladin absorbing Earth played a part in that.

Shintroy

December 23, 2014, 02:07:06 pm #3719 Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 12:14:31 pm by Shintroy
12 speed vs earth absorb

Andante's team is the one I was talking about with the mediator that uses solution correctly. I bet on his team here because I believe its undefeated atm.

Round 1 - Destruction. Silentkaster's units were all over the place for some reason. The mediator never used talk skill as well.

Round 2 - Same thing here. The thief ran off and fell prey to innate flee. Due to silentkaster's speed and earth dragon, his chemist didnt want to rez on his turns. Not much else to say about this match that Barren didn't already say.

GG. AI didn't really know how to handle andante's team. A fan of Andante's team with the mediator solution and distribute action. Turn order, unit synergy, AoE and single target burst damage. Probably the best absorb team there is at the moment. Maybe.

Twin Team vs 3 Thieves and a Ninja
Always bet on the twin team with monks. Silentkaster started the streak. Silentkaster has to end it

Round 1 and 2 - Doku's female thief carried the team these two rounds. The first round showed more than enough of the match up. If the fem theif could get a DS or charm while evading hits Doku stays in the game. Hidden Knife and berserk was  the reason for Doku's win and loss these rounds.

Round 3 - Fem theif got her shield broken and it was over from then on.

GG. was just the match up. Fem thief carried the entire hard here. Fun to see a team that's outmatched still have a way to win over a better team(match up).

Good stuff Barren. Always looking forward to undefeated teams fight. Even more when they're evenly matched, but that's hard to pair up then people(I) think.

Anti Absorb vs 12 Speed
Bet on Barren. His Squire has a Genji shield so there will be a lot of free turns. On top of the free turns he has revival and more AoE damage than silentkaster which is always a plus unless you have some good OHKO melee units.

Round 1 - Opens up in silentkaster's favor quickly due to the +3 from haste. Barren managed to make a full recovery almost twice due to the genji shield squire, but silentkaster's thief acted as an equalizer with quickening. Started double turning with haste.

Round 2 - Same thing without the comebacks. The wizard didn't get to spend a lot of time using black magic. She got a nice frog off due to faith, but silentkaster's speed and single target recovery was too strong for it to matter.

GG. If it weren't for the genji I would've wanted a third round.

Round 2 - Better this time.