• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:30:44 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Discord Discussion

Started by silentkaster, April 26, 2016, 10:59:45 pm

silentkaster

Yes. Link at top of post...use the one that dw posted second.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Kurosabes

We are just setting up, nothing's started yet. Waiting on more people
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

dw6561

Yup the discord is up and ready to go, WKW and silentkaster are already here.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Andrew

April 29, 2016, 12:51:42 am #23 Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 12:19:56 pm by Andrew
EDIT: My tired brain forgot a couple of things.  Added.

What we ended-up covering today:

SQUIRE - Gain access to poles, but lose access to flails/possibly books, as well; Defend: When activated, grants Defend to entire team.  200 JP cost?

PALADIN - 5% C-Ev; gain flails, but lose katana.

MONK - 1 less PA.

PRIEST - 4 base Move.

WIZARD - +1 base MA?; access to knives?

TIME MAGE - Access to shields (if battlemages are not introduced)?

SUMMONER - base MP boost of 20-40  OR  Scholar gives its PA (and possibly its access to swords, as well) to Summoner.

THIEF - HP lowered; Quickness: removed  OR  becoming self-haste (presumably 0 MP cost); Steal Heart: 40-45%; Bad Luck --> "Roulette": Random Dead - Reraise - Haste?; Gil Toss --> Pseudo Cover Fire 4 range, 0 AoE; Weapon Break --> "Steal Weapon": PA+35% chance, evadable?, 300JP.

MEDIATOR - Stall: JP corrected in master guide; new skill that adds Reflect; Mimic Daravon: vertical lowered to 1; Monster Talk: Increases Talk Skill success rate by 5%~; Refute: ignores Finger Guard.

ORACLE - Blind: Smart-targeting 0 CT; Spell Absorb: 0 CT; Life Drain: 0 CT; new --> "Doubt Faith": 1 AoE, MA+60% chance to land; new --> "Pray Faith": 1 AoE, MA+65% chance to land; Petrify: 5 CT?

GEOMANCER - Base stats: 10 PA/8 MA and 8 PA/10 MA; non-elemental Geomancy becomes PA+4 (over the original PA+2 in the formula).

LANCER - Gain access to robes; Jump skills use Jump instead of Speed for determining when they activate (consequently, Lancer base Speed will be increased to 9, and base Jump lowered to 4).

SAMURAI - Gaining spears, but losing innate Two-hands (provided spears are revamped); gaining bows?; Koutetsu: Lower vertical by 1?; Bizen Boat: Lower vertical by 1 and MA7  OR  1 AoE range  OR  triggers MP Restore; Murasame: MA*8 AND Regen (if Murasame loses Regen)  OR  1 AoE range  OR  1 lower vertical range  OR  MA*9; Heaven's Cloud: smart-targeting  OR  3 AoE range and losing its Slow proc  OR  adopting Asura's formula; Muramasa: MA*8 and/or 33% chance to proc Death Sentence?; Masamune: Lose Regen, become 1 AoE and affecting caster?;  Meatbone Slash: 100 JP?; Two Hands: 350 JP?

Reks

Quote from: Andrew on April 29, 2016, 12:51:42 am
What we ended-up covering today:

SQUIRE - Defend: When activated, grants Defend to entire team.  200 JP cost?

PALADIN - 5% C-Ev; gain flails, but lose katana.

MONK - 1 less PA.

PRIEST - 4 base Move.

WIZARD - Access to knives?

TIME MAGE - Access to shields (if battlemages are not introduced)?

SUMMONER - base MP boost of 20-40 OR Scholar's base PA and access to swords?

THIEF - HP lowered; Quickness: removed; Steal Heart: 40-45%; Bad Luck --> "Roulette": Random Dead - Reraise - Haste?; Gil Toss --> Pseudo Cover Fire 4 range, 0 AoE; Weapon Break --> "Steal Weapon": PA+35% chance, evadable?, 300JP.

MEDIATOR - Stall: JP corrected in master guide; new skill that adds Reflect; Mimic Daravon: vertical lowered to 1; Monster Talk: Increases Talk Skill success rate by 5%~; Refute: ignores Finger Guard.

ORACLE - Blind: Smart-targeting 0 CT; Spell Absorb: 0 CT; Life Drain: 0 CT; new --> Pray Faith and Doubt Faith, 1 AoE, MA+60 and MA+65% chance to land; Petrify: 5 CT?

GEOMANCER - Base stats: 10 PA/8 MA and 8 PA/10 MA; non-elemental skills become PA+4.

LANCER - Jump skills use Jump instead of Speed, with their base Speed becoming 9 and base Jump becoming 4.

SAMURAI - Gaining spears/bows?; Koutetsu: Lower vertical by 1?; Bizen Boat: Lower vertical by 1 and MA7  OR  1 AoE range  OR  triggers MP Restore; Murasame: MA*8 AND Regen (if Murasame loses Regen)  OR  1 AoE range  OR  1 lower vertical range  OR  MA*9; Heaven's Cloud: smart-targeting  OR  3 AoE range and losing its Slow proc  OR  adopting Asura's formula; Muramasa: MA*8 and/or 33% chance to proc Death Sentence?; Masamune: Lose Regen, become 1 AoE and affecting caster?;  Meartbone Slash: 100 JP?; Two Hands: 350 JP?

Also Squires possibly dropping Flails instead of Books for Poles

Since Prismatic Rod covers all of the elemental Flails and they have access to Poison Rod, which makes Scorpion Tail obsolete
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Andrew

Oops, yeah, forgot a couple of things, including what Reks just mentioned:

Quickening: if kept, becomes self-haste.

Lancer: Gaining robes.

I think that's about it.  All added to my original post.

Reks

Quote from: Andrew on April 29, 2016, 09:46:26 am
Oops, yeah, forgot a couple of things, including what Reks just mentioned:

Quickening: if kept, becomes self-haste.

Lancer: Gaining robes.

I think that's about it.  All added to my original post.

Wizards proposed 13 MA as well :P

Barren

Next time we do a dischord discussion I really want to talk about shuriken being changed in 1.4. Whatever time that will be I will try to make it
You dare cross blades with me?

Shintroy

Going to need a date for the next one. Do not want to miss mime.
Some day my people will be free.

Andrew

For the next Discord, whenever it may be, I'll have our previous suggestions compiled into a cleaner, more organized post.  I'm available all weekend.

Kurosabes

I'd include suggestions from the past Discord(s) we've ended up debunking for the next one.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Shintroy

Can make another channel called pending change list or pending changes. Make it so no one but mods can reply and post the archived suggestions there in one neat post.
Some day my people will be free.

Barren

Today would be cool to host a discussion if that is cool with everyone. I can try to make it for 7:00 PM EST if everyone can

Reks

Ahh, I'll probably miss most of the discussions and whatnot just due to that I usually sleep until 8 or so CST, and work at 10

So don't worry about me making it or not: I'll read logs and whatever and just vault my own ideas afterward

Andrew

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on April 29, 2016, 11:35:38 pm
I'd include suggestions from the past Discord(s) we've ended up debunking for the next one.

Unfortunately, my memory isn't all that impressive.... whatever we debunked is now long gone from my brain.  If you want, I can start recording debunked suggestions from the next Discord discussion onwards; the ones that I can join, anyway.

Quote from: Shintroy on April 30, 2016, 07:33:08 am
Can make another channel called pending change list or pending changes. Make it so no one but mods can reply and post the archived suggestions there in one neat post.

Maybe Ms. DW could?  I think she's the one with the most Discord experience.

Quote from: Barren on April 30, 2016, 07:49:15 am
Today would be cool to host a discussion if that is cool with everyone. I can try to make it for 7:00 PM EST if everyone can

Sure, sounds find to me.

Quote from: Reks on April 30, 2016, 09:01:20 am
Ahh, I'll probably miss most of the discussions and whatnot just due to that I usually sleep until 8 or so CST, and work at 10

So don't worry about me making it or not: I'll read logs and whatever and just vault my own ideas afterward

Okie dokie.

Barren

Come and hang out now if you want then we can wait for people for a while before we begin again

dw6561

April 30, 2016, 07:08:02 pm #36 Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 07:26:10 pm by dw6561
Aww I have a concert right now...maybe I could join in later. :(

No seriously I can't even join in on my phone or anything and I'm super frustrated right now.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Andrew

It's okay, DW, we're not talking about anything major, just mostly shooting the shit with whomever shows up (It's currently me, Barren, WKW, Shintroy, and Reks.  Shintroy JUST left to watch a stream, and Reks just arrived)

Enjoy your concert, DW!

Andrew

When shall the next official Discord discussion be?  Late in the evening (EST) is fine for me, sometimes.

Zotis

I just figured I'd give my thoughts on some of the topics Andrew mentioned on the first page.

I think Hi-potion's  JP cost does not need changing.  It feels balanced as is.

I don't think I like the idea of changing Grand Cross's AoE, don't know about the MP cost or vertical tollerance though.  It seems fine as is.

I don't know what "sticky targeting" means.  If the CT for Reraise gets reduced to 0, I perceive a problem as a unit gets up and reraises itself instantly could be a bit OP.

Hawk's Eye loosing poison makes sense, and adding Darkness instead could work thematically at least.

Leg Aim inflicting Stop instead  of Don't Move makes no sense.

Weapon Break is fine as is.  Weapon Steal makes less sense to me.

Wave Fist loosing Wind element does make sense.  It was always a non-elemental move and I think it works better as non-elemental.

Protect/Shell giving any healing at all does not make sense.

Dia should not be AoE at all, but 6 range could work, though I think it's fine as is.

Fire adding Oil has never made sense to me, especially since Oil boosts all elements and not just fire.  I would advocate changing Oil to only boosting Fire like in the original game.  Maybe make a different effect that boosts all/other elements?

Haste/Slow should be changed because as is they are never used.  Reduce the CT, MP cost, JP cost, and increase the percentage of success, an improvement of some kind at least should be made I think.

I don't see the need to change any of the Summon Magic.  Making Salamander non-elemental makes no sense.  Fairy healing more would be too OP.  Carbunkle being free to cast would be broken.

In conclusion I would like to say that change for the sake of change is pointless, even harmful.  Changes should only be made in the pursuit of gameplay balance.  Once things are solidified in a balanced way they should remain unchanged.  Maybe FFT Arena can grow into a competitive scene with $$ tournaments.  I'd like to see that, and constantly changing things doesn't help that because it changes the way the game is played and forces people to learn the new mechanics which can hinder the advancement of understanding the mechanics.  It takes time, years in fact, to gain mastery level understanding of advanced strategies and tactics which advances the metagame of competitive play.  So I don't like resetting that advancement unless it's essential.