• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:43:41 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Unit.bin

Started by Vanya, December 03, 2008, 01:33:58 am

blade8531

first you need to use CDmage to extract UNIT.bin from the finalfantasytactics.iso
>>CDmage can be found at http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php?id=2
>>unit.bin is located in the EVENT folder

next you need you open the extracted unit.bin with FFTEVGRP
>>fftevgrp @ http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php?id=15
>>find the sprite of the character you want to replace
>>import an 8bpp .bmp of the same size (24 x 40) as the replacement sprite

((((((if someone could find a link to PalSuite3  that'd be great))))))))
third you will need to generate a Riff palette of the replacement sprite using PalSuite3
>>open the .bmp replacement sprite using palsuite3 and it will generate a palette for you
>>save as a RIFF palette (.pal)
>>go back to the FFTEVGRP and import the palette you just generated
>>save the edited unit.bin

almost done, (make a backup of the unmodified unit.bin just in case)
>>using CDMage again, go back to the EVENT folder
>>replace the old unit.bin inside the iso  with the edited unit.bin
   that should be it i think...

this explains it in more detail if you can extract just the info that applies to your needs.
http://216.59.2.117/~zodiac/forum/viewt ... 2451ed69b5

Supyosup

Thanks for all the help!

I finally got ONE sprite and ONE World Face correct, so after that I just copy pasted all the other sprites and world faces over the current files and saved it.

That way all the settings were correct, and the image changed.

Woot!!!!!

RandMuadDib

My World.Bin is empty after 0xAC290. The addresses are there, its just that everything is zero. Is this because i'm running the psp version? or is this normal? or am i looking in the wrong place? i'm trying to edit which unit.bin sprite the jobs/sprites point to in formation, so i'd start looking at 0xADE34, right?
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Zozma

Okay, so i was wondering... Since i have removed all monsters from being recruitable (except boco) is there a way to arrange the monster portion of the sheet to hold as many sprites as the hume section? this would make nearly all the human characters appear normally in the menu for me. otherwise i have use of about 20 freed up spaces only
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Cheetah

Yes. All the information should be there already discovered for doing this I believe. It is just space and you can set specific coordinates for most of the stuff.
Current Projects:

Zozma

sweet, ive managed to make nearly every hume character special and generic have their own menu sprite (weather you can normally get them or not) lol i just needed a little more space
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

pokeytax

April 24, 2011, 03:31:11 pm #166 Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:31:42 pm by pokeytax
Thanks for compiling this info, guys! It's been a godsend while doing the RAD hack.

Cheetah's guide in the first post is broken, btw; I dunno if Vanya checks in at the moment, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind if a mod updated it?
  • Modding version: PSX

Vanya

I wouldn't mind at all.
¯\(°_0)/¯

darkskyx

April 13, 2022, 11:36:22 am #168 Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 09:26:21 am by darkskyx
Hey guys... and mainly @Cheetah I have no idea of programming but I have a question:
Maybe someone has figured it out where are DK and OK? I know it is hardcoded but I guess it's possible to change the Dark/Onion Knight unit.bin and wldface.bin by changing the code (via hex edit) to determine another unused sprite and then change that sprite, right? (Spritesheet too)
If they is a way... Can anyone make me a little tutorial? It will be amazing as it would fix my issues. Because like you said:

Quote from: Cheetah on October 01, 2009, 01:09:17 amHave fun scrolling through that. I will try getting it up on the Wiki once it is a bit more organized. So basically the coolest things you can with this is create new Special Characters that should show up correctly everywhere with some reassigning and graphic editing. That's for you Zozma. You have to be careful because some of the data is reading from other areas and you have to make sure to change it all correctly, but it should work quite nicely.

(...)

I said this because maybe this is the solution to Dark/Onion Knight issues for the sprites. All of this for the PSP version. If it's only for PSX I will figure out another way to approach my issue. Thanks.
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825

Cheetah

I just love that FFHacktics is still here. Thank you mods and contributors for keeping this place alive.

@darkskyx I'm not really tracking your question, as I hardly even remember what this thread is about 14 years after it was created. Though I think the majority of this information related to the PSX version of the game and I'm guessing some of the new tools now how more direct ways of making these adjustments.
Current Projects: