• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:09:47 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Xeldoran's Generic Job Alternate Skins

Started by Xeldoran, May 12, 2012, 05:32:19 pm

Kagebunji

Like I said some time ago, these seem a little rough around the edges, so here, I attempted to clean up the ports a little bit. Hope this helps man, and good luck in future. You will see much more fixes on Female for sure, since male had only a little part of his face fixed.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xeldoran

Quote from: Kagebunji on May 25, 2012, 11:02:33 am
Like I said some time ago, these seem a little rough around the edges, so here, I attempted to clean up the ports a little bit. Hope this helps man, and good luck in future. You will see much more fixes on Female for sure, since male had only a little part of his face fixed.

Those look great!  Much better.  I have switched it out on the images and downloads for both sprites.

ShadowSkyle

Can't wait for the Geomancers and Mediators. And the Monk! No alternate Monk sprites, or anything similar, really. Would love to see Shaolin for the male, or maybe just sprites in a traditional gi for both.

Hmm...not to say this is what you need to do, of course...but here's some ideas for other sprites (Feel free to use any, all, or none, of course).

Squire (Male and Female): Simple clothing, perhaps a tabard would make them stand out as Squires.
Monk (Male): Shaolin Monk
Monk (Female): Wearing a Cheongsam or Kimono
Monk (Male and/or Female): Basic Martial Arts Gi
Monk (Male and Female): Simple brown robes (Like western-style monks)
Summoner (Male and Female): I actually like the vanilla summoners, minus that stupid horn on their heads.
Thief (Male and Female): Dark colors with a hooded cloak.
Samurai (Male): Wearing a Hakama (Like the Vanilla female Samurai) and kimono top, instead of the armored versions already out.
Dancer: Similar to how they are now, but with wider skirts (Like belly dancers).

Just some ideas. I wish I had even one iota of art talent, so I could make my own sprites...

Dome

Do you mind if I use some of those sprites for FFT: Plus?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kagebunji

I looked closer into Geomancer with intentions to give some nice crits, but I gotta say you are getting better in this. The portrait needs no significant fixes, but I spotted that the ear is flat(try adding brightest skin color as a highlight), oother than that it's cool.

My overall advice is to drop the heavy outlines you seem to keep on doing(for example outline on geomancer's bandana on portrait, or outlines around his belts on chest on sprite), this will surely make quality better.

Xeldoran

Quote from: Dome on June 01, 2012, 11:24:53 am
Do you mind if I use some of those sprites for FFT: Plus?

Of course I don't mind I would be thrilled.  Anyone can use these for anything.

Quote from: Kagebunji on June 01, 2012, 11:46:51 am
I looked closer into Geomancer with intentions to give some nice crits, but I gotta say you are getting better in this. The portrait needs no significant fixes, but I spotted that the ear is flat(try adding brightest skin color as a highlight), oother than that it's cool.

My overall advice is to drop the heavy outlines you seem to keep on doing(for example outline on geomancer's bandana on portrait, or outlines around his belts on chest on sprite), this will surely make quality better.

Thanks for all your advice Kagebunji, I appreciate it!  I spent awhile on the portrait and I actually ripped the bandana directly from the original geomancer sprite.  Those hard lines were already there, do you think it would look better without them though?

Kagebunji

Yeah, you should erase them, maybe not completely, but ligtening them(a lot) is a must. Basic rule is that shading in FFT is soft, there is no drastic changes from bright to dark shades(but remember to not pillow shade though).

Joseph Strife

Now that's what i call a Geomancer Sprite! Epic job Xeldoran! :D
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Celdia

Once again, well done. Looking forward to seeing some more matched sets of generics. Gods know my patch could use a few more replacements.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Reks

What are you planning to work on next?

As for an idea..... I have no idea, but thanks to Celdia's Arena Tournament team and their names, the Mime strikes me as one able to be made into a harlequin and jester
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Tea

I tried to not post, but I couldn't, one look from that bad-ass Geomancer made so afraid I had to tell you, that sprite is awesome.

Xeldoran

Quote from: Reks on June 01, 2012, 06:44:38 pm
What are you planning to work on next?

Not sure yet, but definitely a female sprite.  I'm thinking the female Time Mage.

Quote from: Tea on June 02, 2012, 04:56:35 am
I tried to not post, but I couldn't, one look from that bad-ass Geomancer made so afraid I had to tell you, that sprite is awesome.

^ Thanks so much!

Celdia

Would love to see a female pairing to that Geomancer. If its done in a similar style, then I definitely have a place for them both in my patch.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Rfh

The sprites are awesome. I like in special the female knight. I'm looking foward how are the next sprites, and what can I pu in my patch  :P
  • Discord username: rfh

3lric

Just saw the male Geomancer. I like it a lot, very nice job! Keep it up

DuxorW

These are so beautiful, you have a great style. I especially love the time mage because I've always wished they looked a little more sinister. I can't wait to use it but will hold out for that female version you mentioned. *crosses fingers* An evil looking Oracle would also be cool, maybe I will work on that.

Durbs

Neat stuff man. I figure I'm a little late to the party, but the Geomancer and the female Knight are pretty solid.

Neophyte Ronin

They're improving, at least.  Maybe they could look good in the game after all.  But remember: you have to change animations for cinemas, so whatever playable sprites are made must accommodate their parallels.  The Knights in particular are a bitch to replace when it comes to cinemas.

Cool beans.

Kagebunji

...cinemas...what? Explain please in a simplier language, cause I dunno wtf you mean.