• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:52:08 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Suikoden patcher

Started by MasterGrand, September 26, 2011, 05:45:04 pm

MasterGrand

are you make Suikoden II patcher !? can you show me screenshot ?
Let's be together !!

Kalas

i meant that would be your next step

MasterGrand

why not you do this for patcher Suikoden II ?
Let's be together !!

Joseph Strife

Sorry MasterGrand, i don't know nothing about Suikoden, there must be someone around here wiling to help you.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Pickle Girl Fanboy

While it would be fun hacking Suikoden, I took a look at the files on the game disc and it looks like there is no way, short of opening them up in a hex editor and searching for shit, to find anything.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

You need to work on your English a bit.  What are enable characters and status?

MasterGrand

I mean STR AGI DEF INT HP Status & about enable characters i mean all characters join us
Let's be together !!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

You mean starting stats, equipment, and abilities?  Over in the SaGa Frontier community, we call that the Initial Character Data, or Starting Character Data.

You don't need a team.  If I can find ability and item data for SaGa Frontier, SaGa Frontier 2, Saiyuki, and Tactics Ogre - The Knight Of Lodis, then you can find it for Suikoden.  I can offer some  pointers, but I don't promise that they'll make much sense.

MasterGrand

how i can make program open sprites for import & export ? 
Let's be together !!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

First of all, if you want to do anything, you need to improve your communication skills.  This means improving your written English.  The easiest way to do that is to read books written in English.  Find something that you like, which entertains you, and which offers a reasonably easy entry into the language.

I recommend Stephen King.  'Salem's Lot is a good choice.  It's an easy read and a decent story.

If you want to import and export sprites, you need something which will let you look at a game file and easily see if there are any images in it.  Try Tile Molester.

MasterGrand

I use it but nothing, i want program like ffh spriter
Let's be together !!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

But nothing happens?  You have to adjust the settings.  Try 4bb, planar, reverse-order.

There is nothing like ShiShi for Suikoden, and it's likely that there won't be anything for a long time, because programming a sprite editor is not a trivial task.

Zozma

I found the code that lets me keep Ted or Odessa in my party. Ill post it tonight.

the trick with this code is simple, it changes character in slot 4 into the character in slot 1 so, if you put Ted in
slot 4 and activate this code just before an event that removes them, or party members in general, you can trick the game into not removing him.

then after that event simply change the value from slot 1 to slot 4 to change it backto ted (do NOT enter any battles while ted is changed into the other character or it will be permenant lol)

Note: I've attempted to keep both Ted and Odessa till the end of the game and that proved rather difficult. the best thing to do is use the code on slot's 2 and 3 instead so that if theres an event that removes all party members they do not shift slots. inevitably you will probably have to choose which of the two you want to keep if you attempt to take both. Odessa is one of the fastest characters in the game and ted is also a top tier caster type. these two are great just change their equipped runes with code lol
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

MasterGrand

great, but where is the codes zozma ?
Let's be together !!

Zozma

im at work, ill have to post it tonight when i get home. its in my PEC database lol

Zozma

here it is: 301B8011 0002

as is this code changes character in slot 4 into a fake copy of character number 3, i assume the 02 value is for the 3rd character and that 00 would be the first slot, im also assuming that the 11 changed to 0F would be to alter slot 2...

well thats how u keep ted or odessa

3lric

what happens to them at time when you are forced out of having a party? Is there a way to make them selectable just like any other character when talking to Mathiu?
  • Modding version: PSX

Zozma

May 14, 2012, 12:00:06 am #38 Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:09:49 am by Zozma
Ok so the below codes will replace characters 5 and 6 with Ted and Odessa and are activated by going into the menu and switching the first character with the second one and then switching them back. [Note that you will NOT notice any change in characters 5 and 6 at this time] after that, turn off the codes, save your game and reset.

I find that it works best if you do this one character at a time, provided that you want both of them in your party.

(Ted slot 5)
D01B800E 0001
301B800C 006C

(Odessa slot 6)
D01B800E 0001
301B800D 006D

In my current playthrough I just completed neclord's castle and I must say both of them are extraordinary characters. Get Odessa a Rage rune and breeze through most dungeons effortlessly as she will ALWAYS make the first move. Ted is great too, one of the highest magic attackers in the game, I like to give him back his soul eater rune. If you think Cleo is a strong character to have hes like a faster version of her and always at least about 20+ above her in magic stat.

If you want only one or the other and based solely on performance, it's Odessa hands down. Her speed in combination with slightly above average stats in most everything else makes her nearly broken. (unless you have a problem with gamesharking a better rune over her fixed wind rune that is)

Timbo

I've done this at some point as well. Honestly, I wish that you could add Ted and Odessa to the character menu.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo