• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:34:35 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Hiya.

Started by advfox, October 31, 2014, 10:55:02 am

advfox

Well, I didn't actually realize there was an introduction thread until now.

I've been referring to this site as early as 2011, I believe.

The first Final Fantasy Tactics game I played was Advance, I'm guessing around 2004-ish. I was too young at the time to understand how the game worked, so I didn't play it for long.

I came back to FFTA around the 2007 range. This time, I was hooked to the game right after the first couple of battles. I didn't complete all of the optional missions, but I know for sure I put several dozens of hours into it.

And then I found out about A2 at some point in 2009. It didn't take long to find myself rushing out to the store to buy it, with the sheer amount of happiness FFTA had given me. Guess what? FFTA2 topped FFTA (Which was already amazing) by miles in my book, and I quickly deemed it as one of the best video games I have ever played.

While still playing A2 in 2009 or 2010, WotL came into the picture. So I gave it a try. It was quite different from what I was used to from the other two games, and definitely more difficult. Believe it or not, I couldn't even get past the first battle at Gariland. I thought I didn't like the game, and I put it off for months.

The next time I started up the game and got past the first few battles, it was as if a hand suddenly shot out from my PSP and dragged me in. I was addicted to it just as much as I was to FFTA2. Yeah, my first playthrough was still difficult for me - I don't even know how many hours I spent grinding in Chapter 2 to finally be able to beat Gaffgarion at Lionel and CĂșchulainn. 

Not long after playing WotL, I bought the PSX version to play on my PS2. I missed Luso (Despite how cheap his skillset was - I just really like his character), but I still loved the game. Like WotL, I put countless amounts of hours into it.

To date, all three (four counting WotL) Tactics games are all some of the best games I've ever played. Although if I had to rank them, I definitely prefer FFTA2 over FFTA by a large extent, and I have an ever so slight preference of A2 over Tactics/WotL. But I have come to appreciate each game's unique elements.

Besides all of that, I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy games in general, with XII being at the top (And also being my favorite video game of all time). Not a single game in the main series has disappointed me, since I like to look at each game in it's own way. To about the same degree, I also enjoy the Kingdom Hearts series.

I'm much more of a "do-it-yourself" kind of a guy than a begger, so I never go around asking anyone else to do something for me. Really, I don't even waste other people's time and ask a question until I'm sure I'm absolutely stumped.

This isn't my first time being on a forum, but I made sure to look over all the rules upon joining. I plan on respecting everyone and everything as long as I'm here, and hopefully I can get along with everyone.

• Modding version: PSX

rrs_kai

hello and welcome to FFH where all you dreams come true

:welcome:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

advfox

Quote from: rrs_kai on October 31, 2014, 11:35:20 am
hello and welcome to FFH where all you dreams come true

Most of my dreams anyway. Thank you!
  • Modding version: PSX

Vaan

"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Ronin1984

"History does not repeat itself but it often does rhyme." -Mark Twain

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Ryqoshay

Welcome Blue da ba dee dabba da-ee...
Hurry down the chimney tonight.