• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:08:10 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] A new b(eta)eginning [Latest update 1st October]

Started by Dome, September 14, 2015, 10:58:32 am

Dome

I need you guys to play the patch and post about anything you feel it's worth mentioning (Bugs, balance issues, glitches, etc etc...)

P.s: Ramza has an unnamed skill in his skillset that pretty much kills any non ??? enemy.
Use it if you wish to advance faster in the story

- Rad "derps" during the first event in Orbonne
- "First aid" will work as Chakra in the next patch
- JP costs will be lowered all around
- Agrias is a Paladin, not a holy knight  :P
- Scholars' quote are derped
- Thief job can equip Ninja swords but the weapons' description don't mention it
- Defend support ability must die. Love the Knight job (And Completeboy)
- Fix the bonus Hp values of clothes to give more consistency
- Scholar' abilities have typos (Oh, the irony)
- Equip bows doesn't let you equip bows
- Problems with Holy cure and Dark/ra

- Patch cannot be properly edited after being applyed to a fresh Iso
- Lavian, Alicia and Rad join at the wrong level
- Boco' job and skillset have wrong names
- Time mage and Dancer have wrong growths
- Enemies use too many knives
- Choco feather has wrong AoE
- Choco ball has wrong description
- Queklain skill' Bio3 does not work properly (And his skillset can be improved)
- Velius skills have unedited names
- Squids cast Water but shout Bolt4 to overcome their fear of Lighting
- Birds try to emulate them shouting Ice4
- Sprite bugs in a Bariaus Hill random
- Squire generic job doesn't fear Cold
- Agrias is missing from a story battle
- Some jobs have wrong requirements written
- Minotaurus family and Molbor family have errors with sprites and skillsets
- Izlude hands out the boss ring after he's defeated (Wrong)
- Bafalmula sprite is bugged
- Special battle in Poeskas needs to be improved/fixed
- Human bosses in ch4 might need a little upgrade

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Jumza

It's so cool that you're still working on this stuff Dome :) Keep it up!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

TrueLight

I'll have fun playing this again. I unfortunately didn't finish my my first playthrough since I lost my save file and never got past Altima because of me being derp. Going to hope I've improved since then.

Quote from: Dome on September 14, 2015, 10:58:32 am
P.s: Ramza has an unnamed skill in his skillset that pretty much kills any non ??? enemy on the map. Use it if you wish to advance faster in the story (Needless to say, it will be removed in the real release  :P)

Just tried it out...and wow. Just going to stay away from that and hope Ramza doesn't get charmed.

Really love the new sprites for Rad, Lavian, and Alicia. Might finally use them for once  :)

Dome

Quote from: Jumza on September 14, 2015, 04:47:40 pm
It's so cool that you're still working on this stuff Dome :) Keep it up!
I always keep my word, no matter how much time it takes :-)

Quote from: TrueLight on September 14, 2015, 05:57:09 pm
I'll have fun playing this again. I unfortunately didn't finish my my first playthrough since I lost my save file and never got past Altima because of me being derp. Going to hope I've improved since then.

Derp  :P
Quote from: TrueLight on September 14, 2015, 05:57:09 pm
Just tried it out...and wow. Just going to stay away from that and hope Ramza doesn't get charmed.
Really love the new sprites for Rad, Lavian, and Alicia. Might finally use them for once  :)

I think the AI shouldn't be able to use the skill...but you can easily change a flag in FFTPatcher to make sure it's not usable if he's charmed
Yeah, the sprites are cool as hell

3lric

Selius

i noticed looking through fftpatcher that Performer (5c) has horrific growths for pa and ma. was that intentional or accidental?

every job has 50/50 for pa/ma so i changed it to 50/50 as i assume it was a mistake

also, time mage has 109 mp growth. changed it to 10 as the standard.

Dome

Quote from: Elric on September 14, 2015, 09:03:35 pm
How to create a proper PPF for your mod by Xifanie

?
Before uploading the ppf I tried using it on a vanilla iso, and it worked

Quote from: Selius on September 15, 2015, 12:58:05 am
i noticed looking through fftpatcher that Performer (5c) has horrific growths for pa and ma. was that intentional or accidental?

every job has 50/50 for pa/ma so i changed it to 50/50 as i assume it was a mistake

also, time mage has 109 mp growth. changed it to 10 as the standard.

Both are bugs. Every class has the same growths. Gj

3lric

Quote from: Dome on September 15, 2015, 02:24:49 am
?
Before uploading the ppf I tried using it on a vanilla iso, and it worked

Now try opening that vanilla iso you patched, in Shishi. You can't. You'd have to extend the vanilla iso first and then patch with your PPF which also is not okay since it'll derp out the sprites.

If you don't want people to have access to Shishi, I get that. Many tools will no longer function on a Jot5 iso upon re-release. However, being that this is a vanilla mod, I assume you'd be open to the idea of people using it as a base for their own project, which they currently cannot.

Dome

I have no interest in blocking people who try to edit the patch...how do I fix this issue?

3lric

With the link I posted earlier.

Also, Jack and Xif's posts here are also relevant:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7457.msg201214#msg201214

Dome

September 15, 2015, 08:04:09 am #10 Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 11:31:36 am by Dome
I used the video tutorial to make the ppf...(You can see that I posted in the topic you linked, I was already aware of the tutorial)
Calculate the difference in bites between the 2 iso (original and modified), add 00 to match the size and create the ppf.

This is the relevant post?
You should also replace the last byte of your clean ISO to something else than 00.

DanteS

here I'm receiving msg " Failed to read .cue file" ... someone to help?

3lric

Quote from: Dome on September 15, 2015, 08:04:09 am
The relevant post is this?

Yes, this is the relevant part. Open the Vanilla ISO you added the zero bytes to in winhex or whatever, go to that last zero byte and change it to FF or 01 or something. Then remake the PPF. Patch it to a completely clean ISO and try to open it in Shishi once the patching is done.

Quote from: DanteS on September 15, 2015, 07:13:19 pm
here I'm receiving msg " Failed to read .cue file" ... someone to help?

This is not a FFT+ problem... This is because you are using a emulator that requires a .cue file and you don't have one.

http://cue-maker.software.informer.com/

DanteS

hmmm... thx but that's kind of weird because the emulator that I use run the mod JOT5 too... anyway gonna try to use the cue maker thx Elric =D

DanteS

well, just passing by to inform about some bugs that I found
first, boco description class ( I hope that he wasn't sent from hell :O )
second, boco skillset is named yin yang magic ( I suppose he is not an oracle but anyway who knows)
and the last one is : when the monster squidlarkin (just happened to him already tested with wiz, and others) when he casts "water" the shoutbox he says he will use bolt 4 instead of water... untill now that's everything I can see that sounds weird xD keep the good work :)

Dome

September 18, 2015, 02:17:56 am #15 Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 03:11:32 am by Dome
Quote from: DanteS on September 17, 2015, 10:20:33 pm
well, just passing by to inform about some bugs that I found
first, boco description class ( I hope that he wasn't sent from hell :O )
second, boco skillset is named yin yang magic ( I suppose he is not an oracle but anyway who knows)
and the last one is : when the monster squidlarkin (just happened to him already tested with wiz, and others) when he casts "water" the shoutbox he says he will use bolt 4 instead of water... untill now that's everything I can see that sounds weird xD keep the good work :)

Thanks for the bug reports, all added to the list
Quote- Squids cast Water but shout Bolt4 to overcome their fear of Lighting

DanteS

some sprite bugs (image attached) and juravis shout ice 4 when casts wind
that's all for the moment ;)

Dome

DanteS

the sexiest I ever seen but he would be way better with ramza from ch4 with white palletes xD

TrueLight

Is there suppose to be any Ice absorbing item in the beginning? Because some of my units can absorb Ice while others can't.