• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:53:56 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

To those whom oppose

Started by Lijj, August 11, 2010, 07:25:57 am

Lijj

The thing about this patch is it that truly does reign supreme in 1 department. (what a terrible way to begin)
R999 is not doing anything abstruse or 'backwards.' R999 is a pixel artist with a certain ideal; an ideal I seem to understand.
Half of you truly do not get the importance of graphics. Everything is based in semantics.
What did most ratings rely on in 2000/1999?
The main reason I'm here is not because I felt the story in FFT sucked
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

Quote from: "Lijj"The thing about this patch is it that truly does reign supreme in 1 department. (what a terrible way to begin)
R999 is not doing anything abstruse or 'backwards.' R999 is a pixel artist with a certain ideal; an ideal I seem to understand.
Half of you truly do not get the importance of graphics. Everything is based in semantics.
What did most ratings rely on in 2000/1999?
The main reason I'm here is not because I felt the story in FFT sucked
"This thread is false, wrong, and incorrect
I hereby declare you a troll" (Cit.)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Lijj

What? I mean my main reason for being here is for the sake of adjusting graphics
Not gameplay

Smash

winshmo2

memoires of a drunken spriter

GeneralStrife

I agree with you liji, the vanilla sprites are really what i dont like.

scatttman

August 12, 2010, 04:35:45 pm #6 Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 05:47:25 am by scatttman
sprites are important
the gameplay its already done (you can change somethings)
and story is important too

Zozma

I enjoy the massive amount of custom sprites that have been a part of this project, and seeing new lucavi, i mean such well drawn ones? yeah the sprite thing is a big part of what drew me hear as well
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

GeneralStrife

Lol Scattman owned by zozma
(still agree with liji)

Dome

Someone lock this shitty thread and move it to spam (Or just delete it)
Otherwise I will do it myself

Lijj

That was just my bellicose and drunk way of saying I appreciate the emphasis on character design in this patch which surpasses others (in that attribute) being worked on now.  Why does this bother you?
Or what bothers you, the garrulous thread I started; or the artists or spriters that appreciate this patch? Or does the fact that this really is the Holy Temple of R999 bother you?

Dome

Quote from: "Lijj"That was just my bellicose and drunk way of saying I appreciate the emphasis on character design in this patch which surpasses others (in that attribute) being worked on now.  Why does this bother you?
Or what bothers you, the garrulous thread I started; or the artists or spriters that appreciate this patch? Or does the fact that this really is the Holy Temple of R999 bother you?
I love spam
This just isn't the right place to do it
/end

FFMaster

Others just disagree. You might think spriting/graphics are more important, but for me, it goes Gameplay>Story>Graphics. Graphics don't make a game imo.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

VampragonLord

if graphics were the most important thing, games would have never survived 8bit
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Lijj

Dome: Oh you're perfect. Don't spam here then.
Vamp: If story was the only thing important games would have never evolved beyond 8 bit.

Not that I think graphics are the most important thing. I was just saying this is the only patch that specifically focuses on sprites.

Smash

Cool story bro

Lol IA spam. Comrades, productivity died, everyone fled and this place became a desolated wasteland.. Arch-attack consequence or R999 leaving, or both. Eh, it was great while it lasted.