• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:40:20 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Changing Skill Names

Started by Ethereal Embrace, March 21, 2012, 04:19:13 pm

Ethereal Embrace

Does anyone know how to change skill names.  Honestly, it's not really a big deal for me, except that I definitely need to revamp/modify the Thiefs' skillset (replacing Steal Armor, Weapon, and Ability for other effects).

Naoto

The AIO Editor I believe allows you to change the skill name strings.  It should be literally go to a skill name and just edit it there.  Issue, though, is that it will change the string for all appearances of that skill name.  I dunno if you can currently make the skill name race-specific and whatnot.

Eternal

AIO changes nothing about skills yet. You'll need to hex edit them. I use Goldfinger and tables Edea made a while back to edit skill names- I forget exactly where they're located since it's been a while, but once I find out, I'll report back to you. The link below includes Goldfinger and the tables needed to edit the names.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2an7lm
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Ethereal Embrace

Eternal

They're included with the download in the folder. You have to import them into Goldfinger to see the text you want to change.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Ethereal Embrace

March 21, 2012, 06:02:46 pm #5 Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:10:58 pm by Ethereal Embrace
Since I'm trying to change Steal abilities, don't I need a colon too?

EDIT:  I can't seem to find Thiefs' ability names in there.  :/

I am so very confused.

Ethereal Embrace

This stuff seems impossible for me.

ArcticPrism

Can you upload these files again? The link is dead and I want to edit the names of abilities(like changing fira to fire 2 for example). Or is there a tool out now that makes this possible without hex editing? http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6336.0 This was suppose to eventually include all text in the game but hasn't happened.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown