• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:00:19 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[CLOSED] Strange Guns-only Ability Damage Bug

Started by Andrew, May 08, 2010, 08:47:18 pm

Andrew

May 08, 2010, 08:47:18 pm Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:36:26 am by Andrew
I made an ability named "Fire Blast". All it's supposed to be is a regular weapon attack but with the fire element attached to it. So far, it works perfectly for every weapon type except guns. I was testing it out earlier with my patch's strongest gun and this is what happened:
[attachment=1:3g2j0las]1.bmp[/attachment:3g2j0las]

Instead of dealing the 256 damage it's supposed to, it instead deals that measly 16 damage. Below is a screenshot of the ability in FFTPatcher:
[attachment=0:3g2j0las]3.bmp[/attachment:3g2j0las]

I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could tell me how to fix this annoying bug. Thanks in advance.

- Andrew
  • Modding version: PSX

Timbo

The DMG_[Weapon] formula's behave badly when used with guns.  There is no fix.  Older versions of 1.3 gave squires some new skills that they had to walk away from because of the limitations of said formula.

There is one thing you can do, but it will change the entire nature of the power.  You can flag "Requires Sword", which will of course make guns and everything that's not a sword off limits for your power.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Andrew

Alright, thanks for the reply. It's unfortunate, but it'll be something I'll just have to deal with. Oh well.

Timbo

I gave Mustadio a version of the elemental shot powers.  I made them formula 2D and added the fire, ice, and lightning elements.  I figured as long as I didn't give these powers to a generic job the 100% accuracy wouldn't be such a big deal, but I decided to charge an MP cost for them because on the fly elemental conversion and 100% accuracy seems pretty damn useful.  The only thing I'm really concerned with is how formula 2D elements stack with weapon elements.  I can see one of two outcomes, a weapon with an element such as the glacial gun's elemental property, ice in this case, is either going to stack with your power's element, fire in this case, or override it completely.  I'm not sure which either.

Anybody know how this works?
  • Discord username: Timbo

SilvasRuin

I could have swore I read that giving an ability an element overrode the weapon's element, but I can't seem to remember where I read this.

Xifanie

The bug is related to weapon strike; not the 2D formula.
And btw I already made a hack for this. It should be available in FFTOrgASM.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful