• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:21:23 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Timutil replacement?

Started by Choto, March 01, 2014, 03:27:28 pm

Choto

I found this program reading about playstation stuff. It looks way more complicated than we need it to be, but since timutil is borked for windows 7, this may be a substitute. I didn't take a good look at it but it claims: "Timtool allows easy conversion and Manipulation of Tim files."

Celdia

March 01, 2014, 07:07:03 pm #1 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:06:08 pm by Celdia
I'll see what I can get out of it since I've been working on some effect edits lately anyways.

1st Edit: Okay, so my trial run with changing both the effect sheet and the palette seems to be a success. I made the same changes using both the old TimUtil and this new one and I couldn't tell any difference between the two at a glance. I'll post a video in a bit. Wasn't happy with how the effect itself turned out and I want to mess with it some more.

2nd Edit: Eh, still didn't come out as nice as I'd like but I've got a headache and I don't feel like working on it any more right now. Here's a quick and dirty comparison video. I'll let it speak for itself.

Last Edit: Sorry. I should elaborate a bit more. Someone will need to test and confirm TIM Tool functions in Win7 since I'm still poor enough to be running Vista. The settings for producing a functional TIM are pretty simple, just make sure you set the output for 8 bit color depth and set your black/transparent/translucent check boxes the way you want them to function and it will write a TIM automatically when you import a BMP. I used the exact same steps for importing the palette and image sheet from the TIM to the BIN as in my tutorial, though the palette data appears to be condensed in the TIM Tool file. I haven't bothered to convert that back into a BMP to see if it is or not, that's just an observation of what I saw in my hex editor.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Choto

cool! Hopefully this'll solve the timutil obstacle. Thanks for testing this :D

Effects look good!

Timbo

I know this is old but I just tested timtool on Windows 10 and it works great.
  • Discord username: Timbo

3lric

Timtool is not nice to effect palettes... You shouldve read Xifs effect editing tutorial before posting this >.<

Timbo

Funny thing, I read her Tutorial and it doesn't say anything about not using Timtool. How exactly was I supposed to know this again?
  • Discord username: Timbo

pwrsurg35

I just downloaded Timutil and I have windows 10.  :evil:It says I cannot run on my PC :evil: O well
  • Discord username: msmit424@gmail.com

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful