• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:43:54 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT another tale

Started by Dome, August 15, 2009, 07:47:27 am

Bloodthirster0

August 15, 2009, 10:59:05 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
that was just an example,Dome is going to write the story and I still think that Kletian is preferable than Balmafula,but lets let Dome decide,its his patch,idk why we started to discuss that =p
Need something useful to write here

Dome

August 16, 2009, 04:03:05 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone that posted here
Every idea is truly appreciate, as I already stated
Don't worry about the storyline, or the characters that shouldn't join...I already have ideas about them and why they should join

Princess ovelia: Person swap...we discover that Agrias is the real "Fake princess" and Ovelia is just a Bait...At Bariaus valley we will safe ovelia and she will join
Olan: Easy, he joins instead of his father, because Orlandu is old and he will try to do something about what's happening (He will do what olan was supposed to do in the original)
Alma: Rafa will be the choosen body to awake Altima, so he wont be kidnapped by Vormav and she will join you
Izlude: Malak will die, Meliadoul is the divine knight killed
Gaffgarion: At the gate of lionel castle he will not die, he will escape, and rush into you again inside the castle just to see that the cardinal is a monster...he will fight as a guest for that battle then he will join you (In my patch he will be a little better than in vanilla)
Zalmo: The second time you face him you spare his life, you will make him read the germonik scripture and show him the stones...he will understand and he will join you
Kletian: I think that he will be one of the "many helps" sent from murond to help delita, and he will join you...Maybe in finath river he will be chased by some enemy and you will help him, making him join you
Zalbag: The same as vanilla, but when you face him as a Zombie you will be able to restore him back to normal and he will join you
Ultima demon: In the deep of the deep dungeon he will join instead of the byblos (I was planning to add some dialogue to explain why is here and why he joins you)

Those are the idea I have at the moment...Of course if someone can come up with better idea I will use them ^_^
@Clementine Of course you can help, the help of everyone is appreciated...First of all, I need to know what sprite are ready to be used and what sprite aren't (For example Zalmo isn't 100% complete)
Princess ovelia
Olan
Alma
Izlude
Gaffgarion
Zalmo
Kletian
Zalbag
Then I need someone good in the english language to write some line of text, and I also need someone that knows very well the story in order to know which dialogue to change in order to make the whole thing have sense
And ofc, I need someone to explain me how to edit events and in-battle events...

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Clementine

August 16, 2009, 04:07:47 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Clementine
Quote from: "Dome"Then I need someone good in the english language to write some line of text

I have you covered on that too. :D

I'm not sure if Meliadoul has the same sprite as Izlude does for the whole sitting-down-and-being-dead thing... but I'm sure that's nothing a little spriting can't fix.

Dome

August 16, 2009, 04:11:12 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Yeah, this project will require a lot of new sprites, because the people not supposed to be in your party dont have complete sprites...

LastingDawn

August 16, 2009, 04:17:03 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Wait... I don't mean to intrude but so far this just seems a rehash of Zozma's project, Especially with your plans for Ovelia. I'm sorry but you'll need to be a bit more creative with your dealings and not try to take from other's work.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Dome

August 16, 2009, 04:33:40 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Don't worry Lasting-dawn, every idea-criticism-help is welcome
I never wanted to steal-copy the work of someone else...This project just come up in my mind when I saw the FFPatcher, where you could make people join (But they look glitchy because they dont have sprites)
Also, making people join your party creates a lot of plot-hole (If you are going to save Alma, why she joins you?)
This is not meant to create a new game or a complete class-job-item remake (Like FFT:Remix is) it's just a vanilla with 1.3 items and jobs-ability
P.s: You are right, the Ovelia-Agrias thing is a Zozma idea...but That was the first thing that came out of my mind thinking of why Ovelia should join instead of Agrias...Nothing is absolutely sure about this patch, it's just starting right now...
To be completely sincere, at the beginning I didn't want to make Ovelia join (Her skillset is way too similar to Alma, she will need a rework) but if ovelia doesn't join, I don't have any clue on why Agrias shouldn't join you...

Clementine

August 16, 2009, 04:50:29 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Clementine
I think the only sprite you want to have join you that isn't complete would be Zalmo's. Everyone else's looks complete. I'm pretty sure anyone who appears in an event AND a battle has a complete sprite, except Zalmo. But he looks pretty done.
I'm not certain on Kletian though - I don't have the sprite for him ripped right now, and can't check. :| I replaced it with another sprite for testing and wrote over the old one.

Dome

August 16, 2009, 07:34:38 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
@Clementine
To check if the sprites are ok or they need work, use the ffpatcher to make those units join and check if they work right...
P.s: The Starting point of the patch is ready!
FFT 1.3 with vanilla fight
Please someone test if it works right!

Updated the first post

Bloodthirster0

August 16, 2009, 12:11:13 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
I think I can help you with the storyline,it will require a lot of changes and new sprites,a new enemy is required in order to replace Kletian, and some work with Meliadoul,since she switch places with Izlude and Izlude is brutally murdered by Vorvav leaving that ripped body behind

Dome

August 16, 2009, 12:55:59 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
There are a lot of things to do...
I will upgrade the first post to make some order
-edit-
From the first post
Quote from: "Dome"Things to do:
- Finish the "starting patch" (Still needs testing)
- Check all the sprites of the new special, and make the ones that are missing
- Decide and write the "new" storyline
- Decide and edit the skillsets
- Edit the storyline

akwikone

August 16, 2009, 01:14:05 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
You could do a tribute to the site by replacing Worker 8 and Cloud with Archeal and Zodiac, except how would one balance Zodiac?

Anyway anything happening to Boko?

Bloodthirster0

August 16, 2009, 01:14:26 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
to begin the project we need to make the item,job and etc changes,but this isnt needed since you will use FFT 1.3 and then we need to write the storyline and how its going to work

Dome

August 16, 2009, 04:55:49 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Bloodthirster0"to begin the project we need to make the item,job and etc changes,but this isnt needed since you will use FFT 1.3 and then we need to write the storyline and how its going to work
For now I will focus on creating the skillsets of the special characters
Some of them are way too similar...
The items-jobs-etc are from 1.3 so they are well balanced
Yeah, the storyline...we need to know which dialogue change...
I will restart the game giving Ramza uber ability in order to see which dialogue to change...
Quote from: "akwikone"You could do a tribute to the site by replacing Worker 8 and Cloud with Archeal and Zodiac, except how would one balance Zodiac?
Anyway anything happening to Boko?
I hate boco, he is just a random chocobo...he will not join you
I think that there are better patch that can have cameo characters, this is a little project after all...

Bloodthirster0

August 16, 2009, 05:19:19 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
Chapter 1 wont have many changes at my view,I suggest letting Algus survive Zeakden Fort in order to have him as a later enemy

Dome

August 16, 2009, 08:02:06 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Yeah, he may replace Kletian as a new member of the divine knight...Nice idea Bloodthirster0!

Zozma

August 16, 2009, 08:10:45 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
what do you mean zalmo incomplete?

all thats missing is his menu sprite and thats easy to fix.

even people like larg and goltana have full sprites (im using larg as a playable too btw.

only ppl that arent complete naturally that have battle sprites are:
Fyuneral
Rudvich
Bariten
Draclau
Teta (has a completed sprite now anyway)
Funeral priest
and the generic townspeople and mourners
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Bloodthirster0

August 16, 2009, 08:11:47 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
Thanks Dome,now he needs skills that are different from Kletian,Rofel and Vormav skills,for the job i suggest Death Knight(WotL)

Dome

August 16, 2009, 08:19:06 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Zozma"what do you mean zalmo incomplete?

all thats missing is his menu sprite and thats easy to fix.

even people like larg and goltana have full sprites (im using larg as a playable too btw.

only ppl that arent complete naturally that have battle sprites are:
Fyuneral
Rudvich
Bariten
Draclau
Teta (has a completed sprite now anyway)
Funeral priest
and the generic townspeople and mourners
Lol about the complete sprites not used in vanilla
Anyway thanks for the info Zozma...I will need to check which sprite is complete and which not...but one thing...
Quote from: "Zozma"im using larg as a playable too btw
I'm not using Larg as a playable character...I hate him, he is stupid and he deserve to die like a sheep

Zozma

August 16, 2009, 08:42:29 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
larg is different in mine, of course... i hate zalmo lol....
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Dome

August 17, 2009, 05:51:29 am #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Zozma"larg is different in mine, of course... i hate zalmo lol....
Everyone hate someone...
P.s: I noticed Remix is back ^_^
You solved your problems?