• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Re: Final Fantasy The God's Tactics v1.2

Started by Rfh, December 16, 2011, 08:24:29 am

Rfh

February 11, 2012, 09:27:50 am #20 Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:13:52 am by Rfh
Quote from: BaseGod on January 29, 2012, 09:02:36 pm
I'm not sure if its a bug, but when I play my onion knights are geomancers instead of the proper model. Is this a bug?

I will see this later.

I completaly rebalancing battle mechanics. For example:
Knight Sword and Spear having up to 15 WP (250 damage at level 100), but forced 2 Hands, preventing Dual Wield and Doublehand. And 1 Handed Weapon having up to 10/11 WP, with Dual Wield 150 + 150 damage at level 100.

Now, all units start with 0 PM, and recover 10% PM each turn. MP growth is about 40 (lv1) - 100(lv100). This is for when more power skill, more MP, and more turns you need to wait. Also prevent that a unit with low level use for example Firaja and cause excesive damage because the unit with low level need to wait 4 turns to use Firaja.

The units haven't much movement, I removed too for the player move +1(only it has a special unit). Thus, the move only round on 3 and 4, with 2 items that they have move +1. Jump now round 2 and 3. Now I am thinking to do with Jump+1,+2,+3, Ignore Elevation and Fly. (Teleport is removed, but a special item has innate it, with the same effect of fly.) I do this with he move because For a enjoy and tactical game the maps should has 20x20 squares, and FFT maps has only 10x10 squares. The advantage of FFT is that it has a field with many height differences, so the normal jump is 2 and a job as a ninja is 3.

Also in the new beta, Bull Demons are remplaced by Tortoises, There is a new special unit, new skills, and Performer is divided in to Dancer and Bard, but with a completaly new skillset more usefull. The items are more rebalanced, and someones,(Seven Heaven, Minerva Bustier and Crusader)  they have completaly new sprites.

BUT: I have some big problems, In my defensive game Regen recovers 1/8 heal, should be 1/10 for overpowered, and Shell and Protect reduces damage in to 1/3, should be 1/4 or 1/5. The only solution at the moment is the status have short duration (low CT). Another problem is Crystals. Recover all HP and MP, specially MP for my MP system is the evil. A solution for these problems are ASM hacks,but I know very little about ASM.

Anther little problems are:
''Alma special skill Spirit of Life''  Before recover 33% of life and revives units in AoE 2, and cost 99 MP. Now, recover 20% of life and revives units in AoE 1 and cost 23 MP. Is the skill as well?
I want Alma join in the party. But when do you think she should to join?
You can use Death, Induration, Suffocate and Petrify and they are a problems. OHKO? At the moment they have 3 Range (except Suffocate 1 Range) and cost 16 PM. They can hit about 40-60%. What do you think?

The new title screen:
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

reinheartknight

Is this mod based on FFT 1.3 ? coz i found lamia and coloured Chocobo, but they dont have sprite/glitched sprite
Also how to unlock a Monk job :cry: ?
I really like your mod, but can you show the changelog/ every/some change you made in this patch about the monsters,items,and class/job thx in advance

sorry my english bad  :(

Rfh

Quote from: reinheartknight on March 06, 2012, 04:58:59 am
Is this mod based on FFT 1.3 ? coz i found lamia and coloured Chocobo, but they dont have sprite/glitched sprite
Also how to unlock a Monk job :cry: ?
I really like your mod, but can you show the changelog/ every/some change you made in this patch about the monsters,items,and class/job thx in advance

sorry my english bad  :(

Yes, I took the base on FFT1.3, as Dome with FFT +. But in the next beta, not look at absolutely nothing to FFT1.3. When I finish the battle mechanics (skills, stats, skillsets ...) I have a project in mind, I will turn FFT Ivalice in to the world of FFXII Ivalice, with the different races of the world and a new story, and many more things.

Taichii

well here's your requested title screen for ffxii :D
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Taichii

how bout this?
they look more alike with crosshatch..
*still doing you're ver* BRB

"Desperation"

reinheartknight

April 03, 2012, 06:45:43 am #25 Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:01:43 am by reinheartknight
I found some unharmed but anoying bug
- lancer skill does'nt show a whole skillset even though i learn all of it
- paladin sprite is chemist/dancer/white mage instead the real one
- Boco sprite is a sprite of messed up elidibis(zodiac guy)
also do i need a monk (invited one) before i can became a monk ?

thanx for the answer

Rfh

I decided that each gender only can access to 18 job like vanilla, because there were a lot of glitchs, but each gender has got a lot of different jobs. The game runs very good progress, when finished the  battle mechanics and I have time I will put a guide. Then, I have done the list of ASM hacks on this game. Here are all except RAD 3 and ALMA.
EDIT: I can not attach the file. Does anyone could do it for me? (By PM)

Rfh

April 10, 2012, 04:51:46 pm #27 Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:57:01 pm by Rfh
At the end...
Of course, I have experienced, I'll make a guide named ''Rebalancing damage system'' Maybe this week.

Rfh

May 18, 2012, 06:01:14 pm #28 Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:15:28 am by Rfh
What?? What happens the first message in the topic? Well I do not care. The actual game is completaly different. I haven't got time to put the progress here. I can assure that this game has a great change in the mechanical.The way to think of this game is different. For example in many hacks do: Haste is 1 AoE and Hasteja AoE 2. In my game Haste is 0 AoE and Hasteja 1 AoE. Most of the hacks here once you have good skills and good equipment need very abnormal battles like (FFT1.3 Deep Dungeon) so that AI can to make you ahead. Any battle 5 vs 5 generics can be fun, because everything is very well rebalanced and each job is still unique. In my game there are different races, each one have differents jobs. The only problems at this moment is that I need the shop availabity hack. The sprites for each job, think I can use the other games. (Now I'm work on jobs). The game probabily has the first beta in summer. (Only with Ramdom Battles) Here I leave some animations that maybe you are interested in them: (You need to remplace palette and graphics using Celdia tutorial)

Taichii

hoho i love your idea on turning sylph into phoenix XD

"Desperation"

Rfh

May 20, 2012, 09:43:30 am #30 Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:26:23 am by Rfh
My project to create different races going to be impossible by the lack of sprites. I thought it would be easier to convert from FFTA sprites... Is too much work convert the sprites with only one person. So I'll have to back.  But do not let you down, male and female will have completely different jobs and may find a new race with different jobs like Vartran / Egul.

Rfh

June 30, 2012, 11:27:51 am #31 Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:09:29 pm by Rfh
Well, I'm taking with confidence, since I can not spend too much time to, because I have a social life ahead.

First I need to say the main characteristics of the game:

- Units start with 10 MP and recover 10 MP and the end of his turn.
- The game complies fully this guide: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8841.0
- Speed don't grow
- The game is more defensive than FFT, you usually need 5 hits to kill and bulky unit or 4 hits to kill a wizard or light unit.
- All units haven't got death countdown, except the undeads that the revived when his countdown become 0 at 100% with max HP.
- Except some basics jobs, female and male have completely different jobs.
- Jobs have their own magical defenses and physical defenses, and  Good/Bad compat is +/- 12.5% and Best/Worst compat is +/- 25%.
- This game is an attempt to do generics battles 5 vs 5 very balanced,without anything that unbalances the game, making each job unique, and unlike another patchs in lategame you don't become a god.

Here there are some job that I have done: ( I started with male physical clases )

Warrior: (male and female)

-First Aid: Heal some HP in the caster.

-Defense Ruin: Cause in target ''Defense Low''

-Mind Ruin: Cause in target ''Magical Defense Low''

-Magic Ruin: Destroy some MP in the target

-Speed Ruin: Cause in target ''Slow''

-Fastblow: Unevadeable Half Weapon damage.

-Threaten: Words that lower target bravery.

-Insult: Provoke the rival and cause ''Bersek''

Crusader: (male)

-Cover: Add Defense into an ally.

-Saint Defense: Cause Shell and protect in the caster, cost 14MP

-Crush Punch: Holy weapon damage that Knockback target

-Tear of Angel: Cause regen and reraise in caster, but cost 24MP

-Aura: Cast ''Aura'' on target. Cost 8MP

-Weapon break: Destroys enemy weapon.

-Sanctify: Remove an undead in critical status from battle.

-Holy Blade: Holy Weapon Damage x1,5. Cost 22MP

Monk: (male)
Basically is the same abilities that original FFT, but the damage of each ability is completaly new and chakra recovers on caster 18%HP and Stigma magic only cures few status.

Dragoon:  (male)

-Jump: Range 3 Weapon Damage with half accuaricy, and if used Spear the damage become x2.

-Ice Breath: Ice magical damage in 2 lineal squares

-Thunder Breath: Thunder magical damage in 2 lineal squares

-Fire: Fire magical damage in 2 lineal squares

-Triple Breath: Damage 3 direction ranged

-Dragon Rage: Damage in all sides that can cause confusion.

-Dragon Tame: Cause ''Invite'' in a Dragon in critical status.

-Lancet: Absorb HP from target equal half weapon damage.

Archer (male and female)

-Focus: Timed strike with 25% bonus damage than normal weapon damage

-Lightning Strike: Thunder Weapon damage.

-Toxic Arrow: Cause ''Poison''

-Aim Legs: Cause ''Immovilice''

-Aim Arms: Cause ''Disable''

-Cupid: Cause ''Charm''

-Seal Evil: Cause petrify in undead in critical status.

-Blackout: Cause ''Blind''

Thief: (male and female)

The same abilities with lower %, except Steal heart is remplaced by Steal MP.

Artist: (male)

-Gil toss: Little damage in 4 range

-Draw Star: Cause confuse in 3 range

-Firebombs: Cause Fire damage in 3 range

-Charm: Cause Charm in 3 range.

-Entertain: Reset enemy CT.

-Oblivion: Cause Addle

-Praise: Boost ally bravery by 6 in tange 3

-Omega: Deal massive physical and magical damage (aproximately double normal damage) ranged weapon. Cost 25MP

Fusilier: (male)

-Stopshot: Weapon damage with 25% add stop

-Potionshot: Recovers HP in weapon range

-Etherdhot. Reovers 10MP in weapon MP

-Iceshot: Ice Weapon Damage

-Rend Helm: Destroys enemy Helmet

-Fire Blast: 150% Fire Weapon damage, but recoil to caster Damage/3

-Silenceshot: Add silence

-Firecracker: 150% Weapon damage, cost 22MP

Swordmaster:

Now In process...

Squire: (male and female, phisical started job)

-Throw Stone: Cause very little damage in range

-Dash: Cause little damage and  Knockback target.

-Cheer Up: Boost the target bravery by 3.

I add a list of ASM hacks that the game use at this moment.

Rfh

And completed:ยด

Swordmaster:

All abilities requires a bladed weapon

Cross Slash: A bit minor Weapon Damage in range 2.

Oblivion Sword: Weapon Damage and 25% add addle.

Shellbust Stab: Weapon Damage and remove shell, protect, or reflect from enemy.

Shimmering Sword: Weapon damage using Magical Defense from enemy.

Lifethread Blade: Dark Weapon damage and 25% add Doom

Last Blade: In critical, use a powerfull Weapon Strike.

Revenge: With less HP, more damage. Cost 17MP Little accuaricy

Crystalbreak: Powerfull technique in range with AoE. Cost 25MP

What do you think?

Hollabackjm

Jon

I really like your idea with the Phoenix summon. Just one thing, why does it look like the Phoenix is standing and not flying? All summons appear above the battle field, maybe just change its legs? Also, how do you do that? Change summon monsters? I'd like to replace all the summons with more up to date graphics, I just haven't got a clue how to do that. Imagine using nice sprites like from here for summons :mrgreen:

Just imagine Shinryu doing Bahamut's Mega Flare or Rubicante doing Salamander's animations...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

mleimnek

Nyzer

Uh, what? The topic's been dead for over six years, dude.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown