• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:27:50 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Original Jot5 Thread

Started by Elric, October 24, 2011, 04:53:34 am

Dome

Which videos should I rate/make my friends rate, Elric?
Yours, or Wiz's videos?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Joseph Strife

Elric you couldn't have said better, as long as i can i will help you with this patch and i hope that i stay till the end. Once we get all chapter 1 in place we can start making the "playing" part and finnaly a Demo of Ch. 1 released, you all have looked at CoP, i wasn't easy to start, but now it's a boom!

@Dome
The more the better friend, if you/they can watch and rate both it would be nice. :D
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Elric

October 27, 2011, 08:32:19 pm #22 Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:32:57 pm by Elric42
New video posted, this will likely be one of the last videos displaying events from chapter 1 for a little while, I don't want to give everything away before you all can play it.

Where souls become Unchained
http://youtu.be/WR4F4y7InZs

This is also in the main post
  • Modding version: PSX

Durbs

No one's posted here in awhile; new video guys! It's on the front page!

Kagebunji

Damn, Dante sprite just looks soo wrong to me, his frames are soo glitched. And once again, look how mysterious guy looks, during walk his arm looks completely wrong, not to mention when he stands. It's as if you have wrong types set in ShiShi, or you need to mess with commands in Event Editor(if this is how you do it, I am not familiar with EE'ing at all).

Also, I have worked on Zelda some more, Once you get on chat I will send you the concept.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Elric

yea i know what ya mean, it would definitely be the sprites since I'm using the same standing animation for everyone lol

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Elric

Kagebunji

I will do it once I get more time. But cannot really tell when, now that I plan to work on monsters.

Elric

Quote from: Kagebunji on October 29, 2011, 04:24:46 pm
I will do it once I get more time. But cannot really tell when, now that I plan to work on monsters.

The fact that you're willing to do it at some point makes me happy enough :)

Kagebunji

And here is the other AC Cloud portrait I spoke to you about. It's made by Jimmy.

Durbs

October 30, 2011, 11:07:25 am #31 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:08:13 am by Durbs
@Elric:

Since I can't send this to you in a PM, I thought I'd just post it here. For using the images from ShiShi's that never get used, I have an interesting thought for you:

DarkShade

These picks look great, where did you find them?
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Kagebunji

October 30, 2011, 12:16:06 pm #33 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 12:18:52 pm by Kagebunji
Durbs, pics are nice, but font won't do. Try using the original font from FFT, and write The Journey of The Five in the same font. Let me get you an example pic of how it was done in Mercenaries...

Edit: Like this

Durbs

October 30, 2011, 01:48:22 pm #34 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 02:09:47 pm by Durbs
Do you have the original font on hand, perchance (that I could copy individual letters from)? I wanted to use it, but I couldn't find something I could efficiently use.

EDIT: Or better yet, do you have a 'cut-out' of the tactics logo that appears on the title screen? By cut-out I mean something that I could just paste into it (no white background either).

Quote from: DarkShade on October 30, 2011, 11:38:38 am
These picks look great, where did you find them?

In ShiShi's when you open the second tab. They'll need some touch-ups before you use them, though.

DarkShade

Wow i guest i need to look around in shishi thanks
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Elric

October 30, 2011, 03:22:20 pm #36 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:34:16 pm by Elric42
Wow!! i fall asleep for 6 hours and all sorts of stuff happens! time to get back to work!

@Durbs I love those pics, what i can do is cut the text out of the original image and delete the background in the same manner as i did with the intro, once i do that i will send it to you :) ill do that once i experiment with a couple new pictures for the intro that Kage linked for me

@Kage, thank you very much for the pictures you sent me, and the new Portrait, and thanx to Jimmy as well for making a while back :)

Durbs

October 30, 2011, 08:28:00 pm #37 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:29:06 pm by Durbs
Well, I've hit a wall. My computer is being stupid and won't change the bland logo to white, so the options for the title screen have narrowed. Here's what I have so far.

I'd love to use the clouds, but unless I get some luck from my programs...

Elric

October 30, 2011, 08:53:32 pm #38 Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:54:44 pm by Elric42
These are amazing Durbs! question? after its all saved can u not just open it in paint and use floodfill to change the black to white? I will see what I can do to this and it'll be in there once I make the whole intro public :)
Still trying to figure out the answer to the great question of why Ramza is still a guest in the first fight or rather any fight, once i figure that out a patch release is close  :mrgreen:

-Elric42

EDIT: now i see why my floodfill idea wont work, no worrys ill make it white with the transparent image i still have and paste it over what you posted here :)

Durbs

Quote from: Elric42 on October 30, 2011, 08:53:32 pm
These are amazing Durbs! question? after its all saved can u not just open it in paint and use floodfill to change the black to white?

... be right back. :D