• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:46:15 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Weapon Guard + Two Swords

Started by HalfGodBro, January 08, 2016, 10:08:46 am

HalfGodBro

Hmm, for some reason i am not getting the evasion from both Weapon, is this intended?

Barren

It depends what weapon you're using. Some offer more weapon evade then others. Everyone has innate weapon guard. For example Hidden Knife offers no evasion while Main Gauche offers 40% weapon evade
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

silentkaster

Weapon evade only triggers from side and front, is this your problem?

Also, evasion does not stack one for one. For example, if you have a Squire with two healing staves, then Class Evade applies for 10% evasion, the chance now being 90% to hit the Squire. Then, the first healing staff, which has a 10% weapon evades takes off 10% of the new odds to hit (90%) which lowers the chance to 81% overall. Then, this happens again, taking off 8%, making the overall chance to hit the squire from the front 73%. On the sides, you'd get higher odds since class evade doesn't work to the full extent, but even then, it wouldn't take off 10% for each healing staff...it would take off 10% of the calculated amount.

You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

dw6561

Oh so it adds multiplicatively just like the other types of evade? That makes sense. It also helps to balance it a little since your total evade can never be 100%.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

HalfGodBro

January 08, 2016, 03:20:44 pm #4 Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 03:45:52 pm by HalfGodBro
Nope, my problem is that it uses only the one from the main hand, i did the test by switching them, took the one with more evade in main hand, and i had more chance to evade the attack, wich it isnt supposed to happen, any idea on how to fix this?

Exemple: C-Ev%: 10% First W-Ev%: 10% Second: 20% and im getting a 81% chance to be hit, wich isnt right, if i switch them, it goes to 73% if i remember, wich again isnt right, it only calculate the main hand

EDIT: After testing it seems that if i give the Reaction Ability weapon guard, everything works fine, but with the innate all weapon guard, its not

Kurosabes

Choto released another version of innate Weapon Guard which fixed an unspecified bug, this could be it.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

HalfGodBro

would i need to apply it to a clean install and everything? because right now it makes my game crash when i try to attack someone

OPcode 17 UNK (PC 0001004c) (5687,95) i have no idea what this mean

Kurosabes

That's usually caused by a conflict. In this case it (most likely) conflicts with the existing Weapon Guard hack. Can't really go from a clean file either as the older hack is built in Arena and will attempt to overwrite the new one, causing another conflict. To insert it in Arena we'll have to wait for the next update to come out along with the updated Weapon Guard -- if it fixes the problem, that is -- and for FFMaster to notice and remember it in the first place.

Actually, there might be a way to make it work but it's a fairly complicated process if you don't know what you're doing. Basically, you manually take out the old hack and once this is done you can add the desired hack, to prevent conflicts. I don't guarantee this will work but it's the only possibility I can think of.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

HalfGodBro

January 09, 2016, 07:43:14 am #8 Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 08:11:06 am by HalfGodBro
Wow..hmm, is there an hack ta enable multiple reaction ability at the same time? cause i could put manually weapon guard on everyone :S

But...the guys step to remove manually doesnt makes any sense...a Vanilla Copy of the file the asm hack edited...how the hell is it vanilla if its been hacked?
Do i need a complete vanilla Rom? with or without my FFTPatcher patch?

HalfGodBro

Quote from: HalfGodBro on January 09, 2016, 07:43:14 am
Wow..hmm, is there an hack ta enable multiple reaction ability at the same time? cause i could put manually weapon guard on everyone :S

But...the guys step to remove manually doesnt makes any sense...a Vanilla Copy of the file the asm hack edited...how the hell is it vanilla if its been hacked?
Do i need a complete vanilla Rom? with or without my FFTPatcher patch?

Well, i fixed it without removing the older one, i noticed that the fixed version edit another file (im guessing its from the left hand) i removed the one that edit the same file as the first one, patched over it, and boom fixed :) thanks anyway