• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:11:24 am

Spriting bug help(palettes)

Started by FFMaster, November 13, 2010, 05:08:03 pm

FFMaster

How do I stop this error. I know Zodiac fixed it for the Knights and a few others, but I have no idea how to do it myself. This bug is also happening to birds.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

ffta707

Quote from: "FFMaster"How do I stop this error. I know Zodiac fixed it for the Knights and a few others, but I have no idea how to do it myself. This bug is also happening to birds.

I think it's really weird that I just created a silver, blue, and green chocobo about 2 hours ago. Use graphics gale to do all the recolors, I made all of the changes successfully, and replaced those 3 palette's (Sprites) with the 3 goblins. I had no problems. Only thing that baffled me was how messed up the animations look in shishi, when in the game, they were perfect.

mav

Ah yes, this problem. Here's the poor man's fix, first found by AvengerXP in FFTA's palette completion topic:
Quote from: "AvengerXP"BMP imports are sometimes problematic (at least in this Shishi version I have here, which is 342,528 bytes large) but I believe it was Zod who shared the solution at some point either on the forum or in the readme.

Open them in the Palette Editor tool, pick Convert to New Shishi and then back to Old Shishi or vice versa and save. The file can now be imported without the corrupt lines in the center. I have no idea what causes this. At least its how I do it.

I'll just wait for a neat BMP/SPR package, no hurry. Thanks for all the effort, the graphics all look excellent. It's a wonder how they weren't included in the original game.