• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:33:35 am

Editing texts in FFT PSX

Started by novais.neto, October 22, 2013, 02:59:32 pm

novais.neto

October 22, 2013, 02:59:32 pm Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:04:51 pm by novais.neto
Well, I, with some friends, start to develop a mod for FFT, but we're having some troubles.
The problem is, we want to edit some texts of story mode and menu, and we don't know how to edit it, the sprites we found a very good tutorial in this forum, and it's working (thanks to Celdia ) but we are not going well in the translation and editing of the texts.
If someone can help us, we would be very grateful.
Thanks in advance

Ps:Sorry for my bad english.

3lric

Much of the menu texts are in FFTactext

The story text (aside from the FFT Intro text from Alazlam, which is in Shishi) is actually done through event editing,
if you are only changing what the existing text says and not adding any new dialogue, it's pretty simple, however,
if you want to start adding new dialogue/lengthening scenes, you WILL need to learn the basics of event editing.

In terms of difficulty, the stuff you have currently done is about the easiest stuff there is in terms of modding FFT,
the event editing is a bit more complex, but if you take your time and don't let it frighten you away, it's really quite
simple. If/when you get to that point, PM me and I can help you learn what you need to know.
  • Modding version: PSX

novais.neto

October 23, 2013, 07:04:11 pm #2 Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:11:47 pm by Elric
Thank you for help me  :mrgreen: .
Without wanting to try your patience, but, it's basicaly edit the text here and patch the .iso ?
Am I doing the right thing ?

Thanks again

3lric

October 23, 2013, 07:09:09 pm #3 Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:20:41 pm by Elric
Your FFTP is very outdated, I recommend you download a new version.

Also, yes if you wanted to edit dismissal quotes, then you would edit there. However, if you want to edit
in-game dialogue, you will need to edit events, which is not done in FFTactext.
  • Modding version: PSX